Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] Alternate RP Server - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] Alternate RP Server (/showthread.php?tid=19433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Alternate RP Server - Mercer - 05-19-2017

The Poll should be closed now or should be closing very soon. As such, I'm renaming the thread so it can continue to be used to discuss alternate RP servers and a resource for players that continue to look to the RP-C for alternatives.

Please by all means continue discussions, the previous threads will still be linked in this main post as well as the old post in a spoiler tag.

Updated: 5/23

A new Alternate RP Directory thread has been created for a one stop resource for all active RP servers. If your information or server is not listed in the thread please PM me and I will add it ASAP.

Alternate RP Server Directory

Show Content

EU Server Poll

Leggerless's Tumblr Poll

1st Alternate RP Server Discussion Thread

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Maril - 05-19-2017

//Modhat 

This thread is not here for debate on if an alternate server should exist, nor reactions to Balmung's transfer being suspended temporarily. Please respect this. Any off topic comments will be removed. 

//Modhat off.

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Arrelaine - 05-19-2017

I voted for Mateus, personally. Logically, it makes the most sense it would be at least one of the servers selected for bonuses/free transfers, given the unofficial population data. I do think we should wait until they offer these bonuses to move alts or make them, however that wouldn't stop people from preparing for it on the RPC. Advertisements, stories being written, having its own event board, etc.

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Vexander - 05-19-2017

I have a quick question: When are the polls going to close? A few people I've spoken too are curious about it.

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Mercer - 05-19-2017

Ah, apologies. I plan to have it close in two days. I'll edit the post to clarify, but the idea is to narrow down the server list to the prefered few before a single server is selected.

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Vexander - 05-19-2017

Oh good. So this is more to determine who the candidates for the new Unofficial RP server are, rather than for the server itself. Two Days seemed very short, but if its more to gauge interest in the candidates that feels better.

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Leggerless - 05-19-2017

In the words of some rapper who probably is or is not famous.

I ain't a G. I'm double G.

*holds up LeGGerless*

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Arrelaine - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 01:05 PM)Vexander Wrote: Oh good. So this is more to determine who the candidates for the new Unofficial RP server are, rather than for the server itself. Two Days seemed very short, but if its more to gauge interest in the candidates that feels better.
We'll likely have a while to decide, SB comes out the 20th of June, I'd say here in a couple weeks or so we'll see them rolling out bonuses. Or at least, I hope they start at least a couple of weeks before SB hits. Gives people enough time to level characters.

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - EliBallard - 05-19-2017

Voted for Mateus, obviously. Only community of the ones on the list I've visited to have the numbers and passionate leadership to make a go at this.

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Haven's Fox - 05-19-2017

Waiting to hear the second half of the high population server locking restrictions would be prudent before any choice is made. It could almost be assured this will come before the release of 4.0 so players can pick a server before the expansion lands. If you could please add a proper preface to this post to kindly remind everyone of this and that we still don't have the full picture yet.

(05-19-2017, 01:36 PM)Haven Wrote: Waiting to hear the second half of the high population server locking restrictions would be prudent before any choice is made. It could almost be assured this will come before the release of 4.0 so players can pick a server before the expansion lands. If you could please add a proper preface to this post to kindly remind everyone of this and that we still don't have the full picture yet.

I am not sure what you mean by second half of the restrictions. Do you mean the transfer off incentives that will be provided?

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Cassandra - 05-19-2017

I'll vote Maeteus if only because I am certain that server will be designated as a free transfer option. That alone makes it a wonderful candidate to more easily populate without costing people money.

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Haven's Fox - 05-19-2017

The portion in which they come out with what worlds will be designated as mentioned in their news post.

And updated, thank you Haven's Fox!

RE: Voting for Alternate Server - Ink - 05-19-2017

I'll cast my vote for Faerie if it's even an option, but if not then no worries.