Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] Alternate RP Server - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] Alternate RP Server (/showthread.php?tid=19433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - IvikBlack - 05-19-2017

I won't be voting, but I will be participating. The chosen server doesn't matter to me. I just want somewhere to go that's low population and will allow for free transfers and character creation. It's also very important to me that enough people commit to this and follow through to create a stable community.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Seraphine Felstar - 05-19-2017

Cast my vote for Mateus and happy to welcome any newcomers to the server. Anyone who is looking for an invite to our server LS, discord, needing an FC, dungeon assistance or wanting help getting started can feel free to send a /tell to Sera Felstar Thumbsup

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Papajimboh - 05-19-2017

In response to those saying it's mostly for new players, it does affect people connected to them too. I am currently on Balmung, and my wife is not. She created characters before the shut down, and then wasn't able to move play with me, and I don't want to move now either until we know which servers are going to be designated. 

So whether or not you're currently on Balmung doesn't affect whether you get to have an opinion or not. 

I voted, but as has been mentioned previously, we won't get a true bearing for the situation until we see how SE handles the server designation and if they end up combining servers. That could heavily swing the poll if we knew now what they'll do.

As for my wife and myself, we're just keeping an eye on the situation before making any snap decisions, and hopefully it works out in favor of the community as a whole creating a secondary home for thriving RP while simultaneously maintaining the strong community on Balmung. There is enough of a presence to spread the love a bit without diluting it to the point of destroying it.

I do wish they'd announce soon though since most people would no doubt prefer moving and getting settled prior to the launch of Stormblood.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Blair - 05-19-2017

Putting a vote in for Mateus. Ive been here since I started 3 years ago and there are a bunch of thriving fc's. I was in an old rp ls before hw so the rp scene has been here a long while even if it was small. But ever since cross server pf came out. There is little need to transfer away anymore from the smaller servers. The growth has been steady since then to our friendly community. Players in the RPC ls and others have helped grow the rp community here lately also and I appreciate that. So im all for more growth if people want to transfer. Havent seen an us vs them mentality. Id say we welcome more people to the raid, hunt, rp and other scenes we have goin. Plenty of great fc's and people. Housing here that you can start a fc up in. Or a new rp location. Plenty of sprouts start out here and level all the way to 60.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - TheCrimsonRose - 05-19-2017

As a person whom has been to Balmung and see first hand how bloody crowded; it is nice to see that folks are trying to find a full alternative.  I also think that the populous of Balmung has been overall nice but... unpleasant after a long stint.

I would like folks to learn that Faerie has been offering HUGE public RP locations and many personal Houses aswell as FC home have been converted into Bars/Stripclubs/taverns/pubs/bathhouses and many other things.

We've got a lot fo the same locations and instances that Balmung offers with a Discord and numerous LS for RP OR getting started with RP.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Maril - 05-19-2017

//Modhat on 

This thread has been cleaned - Please keep on topic. I refer to the modhat disclaimer on the first page. 

//Modhat off.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Vexander - 05-19-2017

Having recently moved to Mateus I had to vote for it of course. Its RP community is strong and growing, friendly and helpful, and there's always a good number of RP'ers on. The Housing Market is highly available as well. Being the least populated server currently for the Aether Data Center, I cannot imagine Mateus not being a designated free transfer server either.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Hilde - 05-19-2017

Is Mateus the most active RP server right now, though, or is it only being chosen because the transfer fee will likely be free?

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Vexander - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 08:13 PM)Hilde Wrote: Is Mateus the most active RP server right now, though, or is it only being chosen because the transfer fee will likely be free?
I think its difficult to quantify the activity on the servers to be honest. I'd like to say Mateus, Siren, and Faerie have sustained communities of RP'ers on them. As for which has the largest, I couldn't begin to guess. I do know quite a few people who have transferred to Mateus of late, but I wouldn't be surprised if Faerie and Siren were getting new folks as well.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - EliBallard - 05-19-2017

(05-19-2017, 08:13 PM)Hilde Wrote: Is Mateus the most active RP server right now, though, or is it only being chosen because the transfer fee will likely be free?
It is without a doubt the most active of the options.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Jeanne IX - 05-19-2017

I have to vote for Mateus too, and not just because I spent money transferring yesterday. I've been pleasantly surprised by the community since I arrived. Small, yes, but friendly and active for its size.

That said, I'm not sure how well the idea of designating a secondary RP server - no matter which it is - will go over with the "losing" servers. Certainly new players without a stake in it can be directed there, but people on Faerie and such probably won't want to pay to transfer over. I only transferred because I was new so didn't have any roots established on Balmung (well also because my slightly-newer-than-me friend missed his opportunity to get on Balmung but on Mateus we can play together).

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Gabineaux - 05-19-2017

I -almost- sent an alt off with enough gil to snatch that last Lavender Beds large house on Mateus but someone beat me to it. There's still a LOT of empty plots there and the RP friendly houses there are looking pretty nice.

Unfortunately I keep hours like an Australian, and when I was around there was nobody online at all.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Papajimboh - 05-19-2017

Have they made mention, or even hinted at a potential date of announcement for when they may pull the trigger on designating servers? That would erase much of the guesswork and allow everyone to really start zeroing in on a target server, be it the higher vote getter or otherwise. 

I'd also like to make an observation. It seems at least a few newer players (I'm still rather new myself actually) are getting some good info from this thread and the previous, and we may well see at least a bit of growth across all the mentioned realms. Not everyone is simply going to dive into the most popular server, but instead may read something someone says during this discussion and decide another option suits them better. 

Regardless where everyone lands when the dust settles, do what makes you happy and what suits you best instead of simply swimming with the current. Finding a nice little spot to fit into will make you happy, and therefore the people you RP with happier by association.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - LetsGoKaito - 05-20-2017

I must agree with the others about the benefits of Mateus. With the announcement of bonuses coming for new or transferring players, it will be the easiest to recommend newer rpers. not to mention housing is plentiful. The only downside that I can think of is the MB prices and variety are less than ideal compared to the other options, but with boosted exp and gil, disciples of hand and land will catch it up fairly quickly.

RE: Voting for Alternate NA Server - Cassandra - 05-20-2017

(05-19-2017, 05:38 PM)Papajimboh Wrote: I do wish they'd announce soon though since most people would no doubt prefer moving and getting settled prior to the launch of Stormblood.

The reason they didn't is to avoid people flooding onto Balmung and Gilgamesh knowing they won't have an opportunity again for however long. They wanted this to blindside us hoping people like yourself would transfer off. I don't say that to be mean, but it's the unfortunate reality of how SE wants to handle Balmung's overpopulation. 

What I do take umbrage with is their decision to lock high pop servers now but wait until Stormblood's launch before implementing bonuses or free transfers. Right now, no one has any incentive to leave since it'll still cost $18. They should have rolled everything out together, thus encouraging people to transfer instead of having us stuck in limbo waiting for them to figure it all out.