Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=19494)

Hello! - Athil - 05-23-2017

Hi everyone!

Athil Thorne, from Balmung. I've been hanging around the Quicksand quite a bit for the past month or so, although I've been on the server since 2.0 launched. I've lurked here as well for some time but finally decided to make an account and post.
  • MMORPG background: Played several, and probably tried most that have been released in the last seven years. I've invested the most time into WoW.

• RP experience: Still relatively new to FFXIV RP, but I've got tons of RP experience otherwise. Did a lot of WoW RP on Moon Guard from Vanilla through Cataclysm. Briefly went to Wyrmrest Accord, then back to Moon Guard, although I don't RP there much any more. Outside of MMOs, I'm a level 9001 Dungeon Master (primarily for D&D but I love reading all sorts of systems.)

• How did you learn about the coalition? First thing I do in any MMO is find the RP community, and it wasn't hard to find this place. Then I started reading the profiles of some of the folk I've RP'd with. It's pretty great, all things considered.

• Character ideas/info. Athil Thorne is a male midlander in his mid-late 20's. He's usually seen hanging around the Quicksand. He's very outgoing and is usually one to initiate random RP with people who look interesting.

• What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy) I'm a fan of all sorts of interactions, short-term, long-term, light to heavy. Haven't had a really great RP-MMO experience since WoW, so I'm up for trying things out.

RE: Hello! - Thunderbolt300 - 05-23-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

Moon Guard during Wrath will forever be some of my fondest memories of RP'ing. 

Anyway, you might consider tossing up a Making Connections post too. It pretty much allows you to do some focused one-on-one targeting for other characters, if you have a general idea of the type of character you'd like to run into!

RE: Hello! - Vexander - 05-23-2017

Welcome to H-RP, and congrats on getting into Balmung before the Lock.

RE: Hello! - Deahfel - 05-23-2017

Hello and welcome to the RPC! Glad to see you are ready to dive into the community head first. I would recommend getting a wiki together for your character and start building your network of RP contacts as it seems you already have.

Hope to see you around for some RP though! I am not usually in the quicksand, but I will drop by every now and then. If you find yourself in the goblet you are more than welcome to swing by.

RE: Hello! - Athil - 05-23-2017

(05-23-2017, 08:34 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

Moon Guard during Wrath will forever be some of my fondest memories of RP'ing. 

Anyway, you might consider tossing up a Making Connections post too. It pretty much allows you to do some focused one-on-one targeting for other characters, if you have a general idea of the type of character you'd like to run into!

The Quicksand actually reminds me of Goldshire from Vanilla/BC/early Wrath (in a good way, not in a meme-way).

A Making Connections post is on my todo list!

(05-23-2017, 08:41 AM)Vexander Wrote: Welcome to H-RP, and congrats on getting into Balmung before the Lock.

Thanks! I've actually been on Balmung since the launch of A Realm Reborn, but I haven't been that involved in the RP Community until recently.

(05-23-2017, 09:48 AM)Deahfel Wrote: Hello and welcome to the RPC! Glad to see you are ready to dive into the community head first. I would recommend getting a wiki together for your character and start building your network of RP contacts as it seems you already have.

Hope to see you around for some RP though! I am not usually in the quicksand, but I will drop by every now and then. If you find yourself in the goblet you are more than welcome to swing by.

Thanks, I'd like to do that! Some of the people I've had the chance to RP with have some awesome wiki pages. They're great sources of inspiration, and a big part of why I finally made an account.

RE: Hello! - Faye - 05-24-2017

Ohai I know you, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Athil - 05-24-2017

(05-24-2017, 01:56 PM)Faye Wrote: Ohai I know you, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

Ohaaaaaai! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Val - 05-29-2017

Ayyy welcome! Who were you on Moon Guard? I hit that server around WotLK, so I might actually know you if you were Alliance side Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Narissis - 05-29-2017

Moon Guard alumni unite!

I've been off WoW so long my characters no longer appear on the armoury, but on the off-chance any of us were acquainted, I mostly played my worgen warrior Kethral, my night elf druid Dyrnthal, and my troll mage Kurimatsu (hush; he wasn't planned as an RP character when I named him). I also had a Gnomish arcanagineer by the name of Corillya.

RE: Hello! - Roen - 05-29-2017

Welcome to the RPC!

It's always good to see a fresh new face in the Balmung RP scene. Smile

I hope you find some great adventures!

RE: Hello! - Athil - 05-31-2017

(05-29-2017, 05:53 PM)Roen Wrote: Welcome to the RPC!

It's always good to see a fresh new face in the Balmung RP scene. Smile

I hope you find some great adventures!

Definitely! I've already had a ton of fun and gotten into some mis-adventures.