Hydaelyn Role-Players
Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Media Tour Info Mega Thread (/showthread.php?tid=19589)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - TheLastCandle - 05-31-2017

I can't wait to FSH as Aquaman

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Nero - 05-31-2017

It's good to see that Square Enix keeps nerfing AoE because they don't like people not wasting time in their boring-ass linear hallways speedrunning dungeons.

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Cato - 05-31-2017

Well, my enthusiasm for the expansion has only risen to even loftier heights. To say that I'm excited would be an understatement - and I'm so pleased that it looks like there's a lot of sizeable settlements suitable for RP this time around. Heavensward had some, certainly, but they were few and far between and not necessarily situated in relatively 'civilised' areas.

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Martiallais - 05-31-2017

Yeah, I can't say I'm super worried about what classes are or aren't the meta (I play PLD/DRK, sometimes DRG, and soon to be SAM), but the zones look great and I don't just mean the cities! Hopefully we'll be able to see more 'adventure RP' happening as well (obviously depending on MSQ shenanigans and whatnot).

And man, SAM looks SO good. I am a little bummed that DRK might lose it's niche but I'm still going to play the hell out of it too. Big Grin

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - TheLastCandle - 05-31-2017

I will adventure RP on the open steppe. A fleet horse. Falcon at my wrist. The wind in my hair.

[Image: CeuUappW4AEPlY4.jpg]

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Warren Castille - 05-31-2017

Changing Oaths takes 50 points, looks like a cap of 100. Gauge fills by doing Sword Oath Damage or Blocking Attacks.

I mean, I still think Bulwark is trash but at least it's going to serve to help speed the process along despite being completely inferior to Passage of Arms come level 70, due to it's better block rate / cooldown / duration but there's still time to adjust it! RIP Stance Dancing.

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Desu Nee - 05-31-2017

I'm holding my final judgement until 4.1

I still remember AST and MCH being utter garbage and look where we are now.

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Max - 06-01-2017

kugane looks great. i love the openness and the animated NPCs make the city seem much more alive compared to arr cities
i really hope it becomes a hub for RP

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Arashin Kujqai - 06-01-2017

I can't be the only one who is surprised/LOVES they made the new map layout smooth and connected like this.

[Image: hc5so3kj3w0z.jpg]

I just have wanted this ever since I started playing and secretly wished they'd do it but I was so caught off guard they did it for SB. I never understood the maps and whenever I opened the actual "world map" of FF14 to try and make sense of it, I sort've got it, but I always wondered about the areas in between or just how much of a portion a certain area was of it. Like how much of the (north/east/south/west) Shroud is actually of the whole black shroud? Same for thanalan and etc. I know in ARR they actually had the zones you could travel to that took too long and they changed it but this was all I think we ever needed. Sure we can't actually physically go to the paths in between, we don't need to, same with the corners and gaps, but we at least understand "where" everything is. The map finally pieces together nicely instead of assuming with the one we have right now. It's so insignificant of a change probably but I love knowing the world's maps as if they were real. Having them all available to teleport to at choice is great too.

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Cassandra - 06-01-2017

(05-31-2017, 01:21 PM)Nero Wrote: It's good to see that Square Enix keeps nerfing AoE because they don't like people not wasting time in their boring-ass linear hallways speedrunning  dungeons.

About that. Apparently, those dungeons are getting reduced! We're down to only one in odd numbered patches.

http://www.mmorpg.com/final-fantasy-xiv/previews/stormblood-preview-dungeons-new-jobs-and-the-underwater-world-1000011766

Quote:As far timing of patches post Stormblood goes Yoshi-P said they plan to keep the 3 – 3½ month cadence they have currently been doing. He said it seems to be a good rhythm for the players which keeps them from either feeling like they run out of things to do too quickly or feel overwhelmed with content. It is also a good cycle for the developers because they can consistently put out high quality content without killing themselves. The current plan for what these patches will contain is odd numbered patches will have one dungeon and some other new content while even numbered patches will have two new dungeons and QOL improvements.

RE: Media Tour Info Mega Thread - Jeanne IX - 06-01-2017

I agree Valic, that map is much better. Ridiculously so.