Hydaelyn Role-Players
Old WoL, New World - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Old WoL, New World (/showthread.php?tid=19658)

Old WoL, New World - Lohrenn Hunter - 06-06-2017

Greetings. My name is Lohrenn and I'm a roleplayer -I'll just ignore how this intro makes it sound like an AA meeting and move along now. While I have yet to become a roleplayer on FFXIV, I have been active elsewhere for a sizable chunk of my life. Wizards of the Coast's old and long forgotten chat was my starting point, msn groups my middle ground, and whatever chat and message board I can humor myself on stands today as the present stop. I have wanted to get started on FFXIV since I first started playing, but none of the crowds I got in with were interested. I've spent the better part of two years more focused on playing the game and grinding than enjoying any sort of story or actually participating in a community. To be honest, playing this way killed a lot of the adventure for me and made many of my accomplishments feel hollow.

I'm determined to make a change here, but I'll be honest in saying I don't know the first place to start. The character I focus on is a quirky, catty, and often beauty obsessed Miqo'te that I mained as a Dragoon with all disciples of war at 50, as well as Dark Knight, Warrior, and Astrologian at 60. I mained Goldsmith as a crafter for the pretty outfit. I worked out other crafters to settle at 60, and the others slowly slogging their way after. I've also got Miner to 60 and Botanist to 55 with no interest in fishing. I wouldn't normally bring this up on an RP board, let alone my greeting on it, but I'm trying to discern how much of the game mechanics I should be balancing with realistic character portrayals.

Following what information I could find after Balmung and Gilgamesh closed their doors, I've settled my main on Mateus and I plan to stay there if something better doesn't show itself My friends are scattered across servers and none of them have ever been active enough to humor me. Fewer still actually wanted to try new content when it was released (I would love to play trials before people start releasing videos and demanding everyone go watch them). I'm eager to find new friends to build a story alongside and enjoy Stormblood with.

RE: Old WoL, New World - Sylentmana - 06-06-2017

Howdy! Welcome to FF14 RP. You chose a fairly good server as Mateus has a small but growing group of RPers. You shouldn't have to search to hard.Big Grin

RE: Old WoL, New World - Greenley - 06-06-2017

Welcome to Mateus! I hope you enjoy it. It shows a lot of promise. Thumbsup

RE: Old WoL, New World - Thunderbolt300 - 06-06-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

Best of luck on the hunt on Mateus! Sounds like they got great stuff going on over there.