Hydaelyn Role-Players
<Insert returner icon here> - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: <Insert returner icon here> (/showthread.php?tid=19672)

<Insert returner icon here> - Arik - 06-07-2017

Hey there! Yet another returning player here. Funny how the time flies-- two years doesn't seem that long at all in the grand scheme of things yet it feels like an eternity at the same time since last I played somehow. Regardless, I'm Arik, I'm an MMORPG addict, and some of you may have seen me lurking around the art section of the site for some time. (Even though I stopped playing, I kept producing FFXIV art all the same. xD)

Any who, I recently returned to the game a few weeks ago alongside some friends, such as my long-time RP partner, Seren. We bounced between a few different games following our hiatus but eventually were struck with a heavy dose of nostalgia for FF. Suddenly, I remember why I adored the game so much, back in the day, and realize I haven't been quite as content with a game ever since last I played. All that said, time for the details!

MMORPG background
Everything from the original Everquest (I'm showing my age here) to Aion to FFXIV to Blade and Soul and Black Desert Online, with a few extras in between. I've gotten around the MMO circuit in my day.

RP experience
I've been RPing for too many years to really count. It all started with old instant messengers, EZboards and various forums, MMORPGs and Tabletop (the latter of which I've only recently started playing... Seren has been teaching me. :'D) 

Character ideas/info
My main character is Arik Nergui-- a Xaela originally belonging to the Tumet tribe that failed his rite of passage and thus never earned the Tumet name (for reasons you'll have to find out through RP~). Nergui is a nickname meaning "No Name" in Mongolian, a moniker he came to be known by over the years. He is a long time mercenary and sellsword hailing from Othard who fled the continent to escape some 'personal issues' (moar secrets to be learned ICly) following the Garlean razing of Doma. He is a seemingly carefree, flippant sort of fellow with a friendly demeanor and a bit of an alcohol problem-- you may just encounter him passed out in a ditch somewhere with a few bottles of whiskey at any given hour of the day.

As for ideas; Arik is currently on the road to redemption following a life of mercenary work that was... less than palatable. He won't admit it, but his good-guy qualities are starting to show around those few he has come to call friends in recent weeks. I intend to see if he is able to achieve this redemption or otherwise fail, only to fall back into his old ways. I'm looking for all sorts of contacts for him-- from friends to enemies to rivals and more; so if you're interested at all, don't hesitate to hit me up! 

You may also see a Hyur woman by the name of Adelise Levant idling around town at any time. This would be my alt-- a former courtesan; current day Fortune Teller. Her details are an entirely different story, but I won't text-wall any further. Nonetheless, if you see me hanging around, feel free to say hi!

How did you learn about the coalition?
Good ol' Google.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)
Medium to heavy. I play mostly for the RP aspect of things, but do also enjoy the game content itself on a casual level. As Seren put it in her own intro, though: I might as well be playing Fashion Fantasy XIV given a good portion of my leveling is for the soul purpose of glamours.

We've mostly kept to our little circle over the past few weeks, but are open to branching out and meeting some new folks. ♥

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)
I'm a full time student and stay at home pet-mom for my cats and pup. I work mostly as an artist on the side (feel free to check out my art thread over in the Artisan House). I enjoy video games-- obviously-- art (others' as much as making my own), writing, music (of all sorts; seriously, my playlists range anywhere from Industrial to Pop to Disney to Metal and so on), and am a huge horror movie fan (a long-time favorite being Martyrs by director Pascal Laugier.)

RPing is easily one of my favorite past-times, if the years I've spent doing it is any indication, as I find it to be a very effective stress-relief activity. There's just something refreshing about stepping into a character's head and playing out their story opposite other writers. I often think of it like writing a cooperative novel, which I find far more satisfying than doing so alone.

All that said, thanks for reading and hope to see you all around!

RE: <Insert returner icon here> - Thunderbolt300 - 06-09-2017

Hey there, and welcome back aboard the RPC and to the game itself! Thumbsup

Best of luck on the RP hunt!

RE: <Insert returner icon here> - Maril - 06-09-2017

Welcome back! Always nice to see more lizerds around Big Grin Hopefully Othard will provide an interesting place from the Au Ra viewpoint.

RE: <Insert returner icon here> - Athil - 06-09-2017

Welcome back! Chocobo