Hydaelyn Role-Players
Movement across Gyr Abania border? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Lore Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Movement across Gyr Abania border? (/showthread.php?tid=19679)

Movement across Gyr Abania border? - Solenne - 06-07-2017

I want to play a character who has been covertly moving back and forth across the border between Eorzea and Gyr Abania since the end of 2.0, carrying messages between the resistance movements on both sides. Does this seem plausible?

RE: Movement across Gyr Abania border? - L'ohba Tia - 06-07-2017

Yes, there are secret tunnels that the resistance, Yda, and Papalymo have been using for over a decade apparently.

RE: Movement across Gyr Abania border? - Solenne - 06-07-2017

(06-07-2017, 06:53 PM)Lohba Tia Wrote: Yes, there are secret tunnels that the resistance, Yda, and Papalymo have been using for over a decade apparently.

Oh cool! Shows how much attention I've been paying, apparently. Can you tell me where that's mentioned?

RE: Movement across Gyr Abania border? - Sounsyy - 06-07-2017

(06-07-2017, 07:41 PM)Solenne Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 06:53 PM)Lohba Tia Wrote: Yes, there are secret tunnels that the resistance, Yda, and Papalymo have been using for over a decade apparently.

Oh cool! Shows how much attention I've been paying, apparently. Can you tell me where that's mentioned?

From the 3.5 quest Griffin, Griffin On the Wall:
Papalymo Wrote:There is a network of tunnels beneath Baelsar's Wall─secret passages dug by the resistance to provide a way out of Ala Mhigo. If all are in agreement, I would be the one to undertake the necessary negotiations. I am familiar with the route, and the Resistance is familiar with me.

Other mentions of slipping past Baelsar's Wall come up in the lore book and from Resistance member dialogue:
Encyclopedia Eorzea Wrote:1562 - The XIVth Legion postpones the Eorzean campaign due to the primal threat, and proceeds with the construction of Baelsar's Wall on the border of the Black Shroud and Gyr Abania to defend their land against potential incursions by the beastmen and their gods.

1571 - The Archons of the Circle of Knowing infiltrate occupied Gyr Abania in an attempt to assist those Ala Mhigans who seek asylum abroad, but many lives are lost when the Garleans catch wind of the defection.
Dispassionate Resistance Member Wrote:Many lives were lost ensuring that those of us you see here could make it beyond the Wall. My brother was killed, as was someone dear to your Path companion. And while my heart wells with sorrow, so too does it well with pride, knowing that they died for a greater good. Which is what makes the success of this mission so important. Since our escape, the Empire has increased the number of guards who patrol the city-state, and were we to fail, this might very well be the last party ever to make the journey south from Ala Mhigo.
Ala Mhigan Resistance Captain Wrote:For every man and woman you see here standing before you, there are a thousand more who remain trapped in Ala Mhigo, suffering under the weight of the Empire's rule. Since the day the Wall was built, there has been only one way out of the city—a single road which stretches north into the Garlemald wastes. Unless something is done, a whole generation of children will grow up never knowing Eorzea. Never knowing freedom.

If you wanna know more about the Ala Mhigan Resistance and Baelsar's Wall, you should definitely check out this post on Ala Mhigo.

RE: Movement across Gyr Abania border? - Solenne - 06-07-2017

(06-07-2017, 08:20 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 07:41 PM)Solenne Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 06:53 PM)L Wrote: Yes, there are secret tunnels that the resistance, Yda, and Papalymo have been using for over a decade apparently.

From the 3.5 quest Griffin, Griffin On the Wall:
Papalymo Wrote:There is a network of tunnels beneath Baelsar's Wall─secret passages dug by the resistance to provide a way out of Ala Mhigo. If all are in agreement, I would be the one to undertake the necessary negotiations. I am familiar with the route, and the Resistance is familiar with me.

Other mentions of slipping past Baelsar's Wall come up in the lore book and from Resistance member dialogue:
Encyclopedia Eorzea Wrote:1562 - The XIVth Legion postpones the Eorzean campaign due to the primal threat, and proceeds with the construction of Baelsar's Wall on the border of the Black Shroud and Gyr Abania to defend their land against potential incursions by the beastmen and their gods.

1571 - The Archons of the Circle of Knowing infiltrate occupied Gyr Abania in an attempt to assist those Ala Mhigans who seek asylum abroad, but many lives are lost when the Garleans catch wind of the defection.
Dispassionate Resistance Member Wrote:Many lives were lost ensuring that those of us you see here could make it beyond the Wall. My brother was killed, as was someone dear to your Path companion. And while my heart wells with sorrow, so too does it well with pride, knowing that they died for a greater good. Which is what makes the success of this mission so important. Since our escape, the Empire has increased the number of guards who patrol the city-state, and were we to fail, this might very well be the last party ever to make the journey south from Ala Mhigo.
Ala Mhigan Resistance Captain Wrote:For every man and woman you see here standing before you, there are a thousand more who remain trapped in Ala Mhigo, suffering under the weight of the Empire's rule. Since the day the Wall was built, there has been only one way out of the city—a single road which stretches north into the Garlemald wastes. Unless something is done, a whole generation of children will grow up never knowing Eorzea. Never knowing freedom.

If you wanna know more about the Ala Mhigan Resistance and Baelsar's Wall, you should definitely check out this post on Ala Mhigo.

Thank you so much for your help, as always! <3