Hydaelyn Role-Players
Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community (/showthread.php?tid=19751)

Pages: 1 2

Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Vryn - 06-14-2017

Foreword: Hey All! So, I've been making the rounds on a few FFXIV gathering places promoting this message - but I'm pleasantly surprised to see you guys have been having this discussion already, and seem to be moving forward with it! To that end, I'm just going to leave my message below and say that me and my buddies are with you on it, and we look forward to helping you to sculpt Omega into another unofficial roleplaying server!

Quote:Calling all Roleplayers! Omega is ripe with opportunity - come seize it with us!

Hey. I’m Vryn, and with the new server Omega coming online with the Stormblood Early Access, a group of like-minded individuals are looking to bring players together to create a place to find roleplaying within Eorzea. I should clarify that this isn’t some ‘Join our free company!’ pitch - we’re not looking to make a guild and bring everyone into it, we want people to come together and create a vibrant server to find roleplaying opportunities.

So yeah - along with a few friends of mine I’m trying to encourage people to take up Square Enix’s generous offer to transfer to Omega for free, to try to develop a new roleplaying community, and get a whole lot of cool free items and money for doing it. With substantial benefits to transferring or even just making an alt on there, and with the unfortunate inconvenience of Balmung and Gilgagesh (the two most commonly frequented roleplaying communities) having their server transfer windows closed indefinitely, it seems like a good time to consider something new.

---

Understandably, there’s going to be a few questions about our ambitious undertaking. We’ve anticipated a few and outlined them below, but if you have any other questions don’t hesitate to post here and we’ll try to get round to answering them as soon as we can.

Q: So, what are you trying to accomplish here?
A: Basically, we want to try and make a new roleplaying community - another ‘unofficial’ roleplaying server on Omega. The people working with me to do this are all seasoned roleplayers, and we love the setting - but we’ve run into a fair few problems with roleplaying in the game. Firstly - there’s not that many communities. Balmung and Gilgagesh are great places to find cool people to roleplay with in abundance, but they’ve always been maxed out on capacity to the point that creating characters was impossible, and the only way in was to pay your way in via server transfer. With the recent change in location for the NA servers, Square Enix have made it you can’t even pay to transfer to to them anymore. As new roleplayers join in with Stormblood to check out what the expansion has to offer, they’ll likely encounter (as some of us did) that the roleplaying communities are few and far between and, now literally, are tough to get into. We want to give people a new option.

Q: How are you going to do this?
A: By making it as painless as possible. Anyone who has tried to join a roleplaying community in FFXIV in the past will know that it can be difficult - with the exceptions of Balmung and Gilgamesh, RP opportunities were really difficult to find and moreso to get into if you were doing it alone. We’ve got a couple of plans for how to do this: First, we intend to create an open house - a public building in one of the residential districts available to all to meet up with, and introduce yourself to, other roleplayers. Second, we’re going to make a Linkshell to try and insure communication is as open as possible between potential roleplayers so they can always find each other and participate in some RP when they’re looking for it.
EDIT: The Linkshell is up! Contact us in-game for an invite. It's called 'RP Network'.

Q: How would I get in contact with the community once I get there?
A: Well, you can either contact me here, or in-game (My in-game name is Vryn Swiftspear), join the Linkshell for Omega Roleplayers or come and find our communal Roleplaying Open House once we’ve set it up. Might want to wait a bit for that last suggestion, though - we’ve got to build it first!

Q: Any benefits to just making an alt on Omega to check out the RP community? I just want to be sure it’s for me.
A: Yeah, there’s benefits! Heck, I actively encourage you to do this, the incentives are great. If you make a new character on Omega, Squeenix are giving you Double XP gain until you hit 60, 1 million gil for hitting 30, and 15 days free play time. Then hey, once you’re here, maybe hit up our linkshell and come check out the roleplaying? (Full ‘New World’ Character Creation and Transfer details can be found here: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/54b16fc0f43a225bb4d72b9e28f136e7c4fe2596 )

Q: If I transfer my character, I’ve got a cool house and a lot of stuff on my server I’d lament to lose - are you sure this roleplaying community will take off?
A: Honestly? No. I can’t offer you a guarantee. But what I can promise is this: We’re going to be roleplaying on Omega, and we’re going to do our damndest to help other people who want to do the same.Since they’ve announced transfers to Omega will be free, it doesn’t cost you anything to transfer. If you’re worried about your gil or your house, I can sympathise - but Square Enix are offering some very attractive incentives including practically unlimited gil transfer limit and FULL housing reimbursement to switch server to Omega, so you definitely won’t be out-of-pocket money-wise. We’ll still be part of the cross-server Party Finder, so you can still take part in dungeons and duties with friends elsewhere. If you’ve got friends who enjoy roleplaying - encourage them to come with you, get yourselves involved in our community and snatch either 1 mil in gil for hitting 30 with a new alt, or some golden chocobo feathers for transferring across that main of yours. Alternatively, give it time - Housing Transfers are something they’re planning in the future (see the link below). Make an alt with us in the meantime! (Full ‘New World’ Character Creation and Transfer details can be found here: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/54b16fc0f43a225bb4d72b9e28f136e7c4fe2596 )

Q: What about my free company? I don’t really want to abandon it.
A: That’s fair. Squeenix haven’t rolled out plans for transferring Free Companies or Housing between servers yet (though they did stipulate that it’s part of the plan eventually: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/54b16fc0f43a225bb4d72b9e28f136e7c4fe2596 ), so if you’ve got a Rank 8 Free Company you’ve built from the ground up, I can sympathise with not wanting to leave it behind. Maybe make an alt with us on Omega, be a part of our RP community, then decide if it’s worth making something new. If you want to make a FC, you can - or maybe just wait until they roll out the FC Server Transfer options.

Q: Is this some kind of invitation to your free company?
A: No - I suspect me and my friends will make one, but that’s completely unrelated. We want to let people know that roleplaying will be taking place on Omega, and that they’re free to join us and add to the number of available characters theirs might encounter while roleplaying. We do not want to develop a free company to host roleplaying on Omega. Ignoring the fact that’s basically the opposite of our mission statement, putting it simply - I just don’t have the time to run one! I’d like to establish a network of roleplayers that can host events among one another or find each other for some RP when the mood strikes (be it casual or co-ordinated). That’s the aim here: Lay the groundwork for a roleplaying community to develop naturally. If you want to make an RP FC on Omega, go for it! Just let us know what its name is so we can keep our eyes out for other roleplayers!

---

I think that about covers it! Long story short - I love roleplaying. I want to encourage you guys to roleplay with us on Omega, so we can have a really cool and diverse community of characters and cultures that everybody can be involved in. Now is the best time to do it with Squeenix offering incentives to come be a part of Omega and an influx of players old and new returning to check out Stormblood. Come say Hi, and be a part of developing a more living, breathing Eorzea on Omega!

TL;DR - Me and a few friends are going to Roleplay on Omega (the new server opening with SB), and we want to turn it into another unofficial roleplaying server akin to Balmung and Gilgamesh. Come check out Omega now, and Squeenix will pay your transfer cost or reward you for making an Alt and levelling it to 30 with a million gil and two weeks free play time, so you stand to gain a whole lot just for checking it out at the very least! If you want to find the roleplayers on Omega, you can contact me in-game (Vryn Swiftspear) or join the linkshell (Omega Roleplayers) once the server is live.

If you have any questions I failed to mention above, don't hesitate to ask. Hope to see you there!

- Vryn

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - FeuIzanami - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 02:12 PM)Vryn Wrote: Foreword: Hey All! So, I've been making the rounds on a few FFXIV gathering places promoting this message - but I'm pleasantly surprised to see you guys have been having this discussion already, and seem to be moving forward with it! To that end, I'm just going to leave my message below and say that me and my buddies are with you on it, and we look forward to helping you to sculpt Omega into another unofficial roleplaying server!

Quote:Calling all Roleplayers! Omega is ripe with opportunity - come seize it with us!

Hey. I’m Vryn, and with the new server Omega coming online with the Stormblood Early Access, a group of like-minded individuals are looking to bring players together to create a place to find roleplaying within Eorzea. I should clarify that this isn’t some ‘Join our free company!’ pitch - we’re not looking to make a guild and bring everyone into it, we want people to come together and create a vibrant server to find roleplaying opportunities.

So yeah - along with a few friends of mine I’m trying to encourage people to take up Square Enix’s generous offer to transfer to Omega for free, to try to develop a new roleplaying community, and get a whole lot of cool free items and money for doing it. With substantial benefits to transferring or even just making an alt on there, and with the unfortunate inconvenience of Balmung and Gilgagesh (the two most commonly frequented roleplaying communities) having their server transfer windows closed indefinitely, it seems like a good time to consider something new.

---

Understandably, there’s going to be a few questions about our ambitious undertaking. We’ve anticipated a few and outlined them below, but if you have any other questions don’t hesitate to post here and we’ll try to get round to answering them as soon as we can.

Q: So, what are you trying to accomplish here?
A: Basically, we want to try and make a new roleplaying community - another ‘unofficial’ roleplaying server on Omega. The people working with me to do this are all seasoned roleplayers, and we love the setting - but we’ve run into a fair few problems with roleplaying in the game. Firstly - there’s not that many communities. Balmung and Gilgagesh are great places to find cool people to roleplay with in abundance, but they’ve always been maxed out on capacity to the point that creating characters was impossible, and the only way in was to pay your way in via server transfer. With the recent change in location for the NA servers, Square Enix have made it you can’t even pay to transfer to to them anymore. As new roleplayers join in with Stormblood to check out what the expansion has to offer, they’ll likely encounter (as some of us did) that the roleplaying communities are few and far between and, now literally, are tough to get into. We want to give people a new option.

Q: How are you going to do this?
A: By making it as painless as possible. Anyone who has tried to join a roleplaying community in FFXIV in the past will know that it can be difficult - with the exceptions of Balmung and Gilgamesh, RP opportunities were really difficult to find and moreso to get into if you were doing it alone. We’ve got a couple of plans for how to do this: First, we intend to create an open house - a public building in one of the residential districts available to all to meet up with, and introduce yourself to, other roleplayers. Second, we’re going to make a Linkshell to try and insure communication is as open as possible between potential roleplayers so they can always find each other and participate in some RP when they’re looking for it.

Q: How would I get in contact with the community once I get there?
A: Well, you can either contact me here, or in-game (My in-game name is Vryn Swiftspear), join the Linkshell for Omega Roleplayers or come and find our communal Roleplaying Open House once we’ve set it up. Might want to wait a bit for that last suggestion, though - we’ve got to build it first!

Q: Any benefits to just making an alt on Omega to check out the RP community? I just want to be sure it’s for me.
A: Yeah, there’s benefits! Heck, I actively encourage you to do this, the incentives are great. If you make a new character on Omega, Squeenix are giving you Double XP gain until you hit 60, 1 million gil for hitting 30, and 15 days free play time. Then hey, once you’re here, maybe hit up our linkshell and come check out the roleplaying? (Full ‘New World’ Character Creation and Transfer details can be found here: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/54b16fc0f43a225bb4d72b9e28f136e7c4fe2596 )

Q: If I transfer my character, I’ve got a cool house and a lot of stuff on my server I’d lament to lose - are you sure this roleplaying community will take off?
A: Honestly? No. I can’t offer you a guarantee. But what I can promise is this: We’re going to be roleplaying on Omega, and we’re going to do our damndest to help other people who want to do the same.Since they’ve announced transfers to Omega will be free, it doesn’t cost you anything to transfer. If you’re worried about your gil or your house, I can sympathise - but Square Enix are offering some very attractive incentives including practically unlimited gil transfer limit and FULL housing reimbursement to switch server to Omega, so you definitely won’t be out-of-pocket money-wise. We’ll still be part of the cross-server Party Finder, so you can still take part in dungeons and duties with friends elsewhere. If you’ve got friends who enjoy roleplaying - encourage them to come with you, get yourselves involved in our community and snatch either 1 mil in gil for hitting 30 with a new alt, or some golden chocobo feathers for transferring across that main of yours. Alternatively, give it time - Housing Transfers are something they’re planning in the future (see the link below). Make an alt with us in the meantime! (Full ‘New World’ Character Creation and Transfer details can be found here: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/54b16fc0f43a225bb4d72b9e28f136e7c4fe2596 )

Q: What about my free company? I don’t really want to abandon it.
A: That’s fair. Squeenix haven’t rolled out plans for transferring Free Companies or Housing between servers yet (though they did stipulate that it’s part of the plan eventually: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/54b16fc0f43a225bb4d72b9e28f136e7c4fe2596 ), so if you’ve got a Rank 8 Free Company you’ve built from the ground up, I can sympathise with not wanting to leave it behind. Maybe make an alt with us on Omega, be a part of our RP community, then decide if it’s worth making something new. If you want to make a FC, you can - or maybe just wait until they roll out the FC Server Transfer options.

Q: Is this some kind of invitation to your free company?
A: No - I suspect me and my friends will make one, but that’s completely unrelated. We want to let people know that roleplaying will be taking place on Omega, and that they’re free to join us and add to the number of available characters theirs might encounter while roleplaying. We do not want to develop a free company to host roleplaying on Omega. Ignoring the fact that’s basically the opposite of our mission statement, putting it simply - I just don’t have the time to run one! I’d like to establish a network of roleplayers that can host events among one another or find each other for some RP when the mood strikes (be it casual or co-ordinated). That’s the aim here: Lay the groundwork for a roleplaying community to develop naturally. If you want to make an RP FC on Omega, go for it! Just let us know what its name is so we can keep our eyes out for other roleplayers!

---

I think that about covers it! Long story short - I love roleplaying. I want to encourage you guys to roleplay with us on Omega, so we can have a really cool and diverse community of characters and cultures that everybody can be involved in. Now is the best time to do it with Squeenix offering incentives to come be a part of Omega and an influx of players old and new returning to check out Stormblood. Come say Hi, and be a part of developing a more living, breathing Eorzea on Omega!

TL;DR - Me and a few friends are going to Roleplay on Omega (the new server opening with SB), and we want to turn it into another unofficial roleplaying server akin to Balmung and Gilgamesh. Come check out Omega now, and Squeenix will pay your transfer cost or reward you for making an Alt and levelling it to 30 with a million gil and two weeks free play time, so you stand to gain a whole lot just for checking it out at the very least! If you want to find the roleplayers on Omega, you can contact me in-game (Vryn Swiftspear) or join the linkshell (Omega Roleplayers) once the server is live.

If you have any questions I failed to mention above, don't hesitate to ask. Hope to see you there!

- Vryn

As nice as this is, and I appreciate your efforts, but I am not going to join a server that is meant for EU players. I live on the East Coast, and I don't want to try to join an rp community that is only active when it is super late at night. I am currently actually joining Mateus, which is a server we discussed about making it RP focused and it's already gaining a shit ton of RP players. 

Good luck on your Omega RP server though for EU o7

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Vryn - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 02:18 PM)YaraLyehga Wrote: As nice as this is, and I appreciate your efforts, but I am not going to join a server that is meant for EU players. I live on the East Coast, and I don't want to try to join an rp community that is only active when it is super late at night. I am currently actually joining Mateus, which is a server we discussed about making it RP focused and it's already gaining a shit ton of RP players. 

Good luck on your Omega RP server though for EU o7

I've had similar conversations on here regarding Balmung, as I'm an EU player - so I completely understand. Thanks for your well-wishes! o/

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Kilieit - 06-14-2017

...ngl, level 30 is ezpz for me, so rolling an alt is really tempting. I have several character concepts that never made the cut for Balmung, so maybe I'll see about rolling up one of them...

The only problem is I already have ten alts, so it might end up falling off the priorities a bit regarding getting to endgame, especially with being on a separate data centre. But it should give me someone to bring to the RP events I have no doubt you guys will be holding, at least...

(06-14-2017, 02:32 PM)Kilieit Wrote: ...ngl, level 30 is ezpz for me, so rolling an alt is really tempting. I have several character concepts that never made the cut for Balmung, so maybe I'll see about rolling up one of them...

The only problem is I already have ten alts, so it might end up falling off the priorities a bit regarding getting to endgame, especially with being on a separate data centre. But it should give me someone to bring to the RP events I have no doubt you guys will be holding, at least...

It's not about how much you can RP - more that you do when you want to and let Omega host you! Give in to the temptation, come join us on Omega, and net yourself some of that sweet level 30 bonus money! Wink

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - TrueGota - 06-14-2017

I'd definitely be interested in going to Omega but I'm not sure how high my chances are to find members and customers for my cabaret club FC there, so I should probably just watch it for now.

(06-14-2017, 02:43 PM)TrueGota Wrote: I'd definitely be interested in going to Omega but I'm not sure how high my chances are to find members and customers for my hostess club FC there, so I should probably just watch it for now.

Perfectly understandable. With a new server/new community, it's all speculation until go-time. But it's great to hear you'll be keeping an eye on it all the same!

Is there an Omega Discord server yet? If not, it would be a pretty good idea. Cactuar

(06-14-2017, 02:54 PM)TrueGota Wrote: Is there a Omega Discord server yet? If not, it would be a pretty good idea. Cactuar

There isn't (I think?) - BUT! There is an FFXIV EU Roleplayers Discord with a *ton* of people declaring their intent for Omega. Big Grin

EDIT: FFXIV EU Roleplayer Discord - https://discordapp.com/channels/315085611503583233/315085611503583233

I think I'll take a risk and move - if I wait too long there is the danger of no apartments being available anymore and she could do as a solo cabaret girl for the starting time (would still need to find customers, though).

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Leggerless - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 02:55 PM)Vryn Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 02:54 PM)TrueGota Wrote: Is there a Omega Discord server yet? If not, it would be a pretty good idea. Cactuar

There isn't (I think?) - BUT! There is an FFXIV EU Roleplayers Discord with a *ton* of people declaring their intent for Omega. Big Grin

EDIT: FFXIV EU Roleplayer Discord - https://discordapp.com/channels/315085611503583233/315085611503583233

You linked a channel, not an instant invite there.

(06-14-2017, 04:02 PM)Leggerless Wrote: You linked a channel, not an instant invite there.

I suuuuuck. Sorry!

https://discord.gg/EB4F9x

TrueGota Wrote:I think I'll take a risk and move - if I wait too long there is the danger of no apartments being available anymore and she could do as a solo hostess for the starting time (would still need to find customers, though).

Glad to hear it! Smile Look forward to seeing you there.

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Erah'sae - 06-14-2017

I'll probably have a fresh alt over on Omega to keep in touch with some EU friends.  I'll hop in once I get it created.

(probably not until slightly after launch.  I have gathering to do!)

(06-14-2017, 05:58 PM)Erah Wrote: I'll probably have a fresh alt over on Omega to keep in touch with some EU friends.  I'll hop in once I get it created.

(probably not until slightly after launch.  I have gathering to do!)

Sounds great! If you're not against making some new ones too, I'll see you there! Tongue

RE: Adventurers Wanted - Omega RP Community - Aldotsk - 06-14-2017

Best wishes to you guys. Those are quite good offers for those who are hesitant in moving.