Hydaelyn Role-Players
NA Adventurers! Looking for RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: NA Adventurers! Looking for RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! (/showthread.php?tid=19752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

NA Adventurers! Looking for RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - FeuIzanami - 06-14-2017

Welcome Adventurers!                       

So. You joined FFXIV looking for RP, Maybe was hoping to join Balmung but learned the server was locked down. Maybe you want a fresh start, want somewhere to go to start a new life of RP and just get a chance to be a part of a smaller community again. Maybe you're new to RP and looking to get into it.

Well, look no further.

Mateus is a low-populated server in the Aether data center, the active community housing about 2500 members (i.e. data census site) Plenty of housing open, friendly small community that is rapidly expanding, and there IS that lovely free transfer bonus...

Question: Well the sound of a new RP community is nice and all, but I have seen RP communities try this before and fail. Why should I give this a shot?

A: Well, as I tell everyone, the reason why RP communities die in other servers, is because 
there isn't enough of a community to sustain it. With Mateus, and with the growing need to construct a new RP community for players, we can utilize the urgency to establish a new community by giving RPers a designated place for new and old players alike to go to! Consider it the Plymouth Rock of servers. As long as we have the demand for RP, the more people will come to Mateus!

Question: But I already have my established friends/FC! What about them?!

A: There are a couple of fun things about this. Since transfers will be free come Friday, you can have your friends come with you to make this fresh start a reality, and if they don't come? you can still chat and play with them via cross-party platforming. You'll never truly lose your friends, except not being able to stare at their avatar. FCs get an especially nice bonus, considering you can keep the money for your estate and the money you used to furnish it if you transfer over. (per what square deems refundable in terms of furnishing) So bring your friends! Bring your FC! Bring your goldfish and your chocobo too! 

Question: Well what about my house! My gil! I spent a good amount of time and money on those things I'll have you know!

A: As mentioned in the previous question, FC estates are reimbursed if you move. That being said, this also applies to anyone who owns an estate or apartment in the game. From what Square has stated, you will get reimbursed the full amount for both furnishings and the estate itself so you can buy another one come your transfer. As far as Mateus goes, the housing still has plots open so you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting a new plot! Large housing is the only housing not really available, but once stormblood housing is released, GO GET IT. Also, gil transfer is at 99,999,999 sooo you won't be losing ANY money for transferring!

Question: What's the MB like there? The people?

A: I am a new transfer over here myself, and I can tell you a good majority I have encountered here are friendly and willing to help you out if need be. I haven't seen anything that promotes negativity, everyone is nice and friendly, and YOU CAN MAKE MONEY HERE. The MB here is actually do-able for making gil, so have at it! 

So!

Still not convinced? 

Go make an alt, see the world for yourself! I joined an LS that was made only a day ago and already has 60+ people in it for RP connects. Without you and your support, we can't make Mateus a reality. It's already gaining a ton of footing, and I can already see this dream becoming a reality. 

So please...

Give Mateus the RP love it deserves!~

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking to leave Balmung but want RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Greenley - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 03:09 PM)YaraLyehga Wrote:
I can honestly tell you the community here is WAY BETTER than Balmung. 

As fresh Mateus native I personally appreciate any effort to promote the server because more RP for everyone means more RP for me, but this is not the attitude we should be presenting, much less on forums that are so heavily tilted in Balmung's favor at present. Many people who have been helping us here are from Balmung, or are Balmung people rolling alts, or they've moved / will move entirely but still understandably have a soft spot for their original server.

Really, people, stop saying things like this. While I've never played on Balmung, I have seen a lot of it due to the person who got me into this game being from there. Mateus is neither better (let alone "WAY BETTER") nor worse. It is different. 

Let's stop this ridiculous server rivalry trend. Balmung needs Mateus or when it opens again people will flood their server and they'll be right back to the issues they're having now. Mateus needs Balmung if it has any hope of ever having plentiful, varied events and FCs -- though I understand some people would prefer to be an oh-so-exclusively sandbox, but well, I'm not talking to those sorts. I'm afraid you'll just have to learn to share.

The focus should be "Welcome to Mateus!" not "lol Balmung suxorz amirite?" 

To anyone reading this from Balmung who is now concerned about joining us, this is not the prevailing attitude at all. I and many others welcome all of you and have nothing but respect for your server.

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking to leave Balmung but want RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - FeuIzanami - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 04:50 PM)Greenley Wrote:

As fresh Mateus native I personally appreciate any effort to promote the server because more RP for everyone means more RP for me, but this is not the attitude we should be presenting, much less on forums that are so heavily tilted in Balmung's favor at present. Many people who have been helping us here are from Balmung, or are Balmung people rolling alts, or they've moved / will move entirely but still understandably have a soft spot for their original server.

Really, people, stop saying things like this. While I've never played on Balmung, I have seen a lot of it due to the person who got me into this game being from there. Mateus is neither better (let alone "WAY BETTER") nor worse. It is different. 

Let's stop this ridiculous server rivalry trend. Balmung needs Mateus or when it opens again people will flood their server and they'll be right back to the issues they're having now. Mateus needs Balmung if it has any hope of ever having plentiful, varied events and FCs -- though I understand some people would prefer to be an oh-so-exclusively sandbox, but well, I'm not talking to those sorts. I'm afraid you'll just have to learn to share.

To anyone reading this from Balmung who is now concerned about joining us, this is not the prevailing attitude at all. I and many others welcome all of you and have nothing but respect for your server.

I just want to state that my intention isn't to say Balmung is a horrid server: In fact I really enjoyed it. But I also want to say that I have had my fair share of bad experiences as well on there. On Mateus I haven't had a bad experience. I'll edit accordingly to not make it sound condescending because that isn't my intention. I wanted to stress the fact that the RP here seems to be a bit more centralized around serious themes versus ERP.

That being said, I am here to make RP flourish in any server on FFXIV. I like RP, I support RP. I have no reason to make people think RP is a bad thing on any server. But I do know there is a group of people whom want to get away from the Balmung community because of how toxic some of the groups can be. Not saying everyone on Balmung is horrid obviously, just trying to encourage people who feel like Balmung is their only option to come and try out something that could be a potentially better experience for them.

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking to leave Balmung but want RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Fox - 06-14-2017

I agree. This is very, very derisive. This sort of talk needs to stop. It causes issues in every game; WRAxMG issue is one of the worst I've ever seen it. And people on the RPC are trying very hard to quash this sort of mentality. Because it does no one -any- good. It causes arguments constantly. Everyone who I know who is on Mateus is trying very hard to stop this sort of "we're better than Balmung", "Balmung is a terrible place". This only creates divide in a game that really does not need it's RP community severed... Again.

I have friends who I really cherish who are on Mateus; but they've shifted because of reasons or they're PVERs. Some were Balmung individuals themselves who worked very hard to help Mateus be where it is today. I'm not going to lie; seeing things like this does bother me and it does hurt. I'm someone who was on Balmung since 1.0 as it was Besaid. I have IRL friends who are PVERs I don't want to leave; I have long term friends on Balmung who are RPers. And being villain-ized or treated as "Icky Balmungers" is really... REALLY tiresome. As for ERPers; so what? That's their business as long as they're doing it privately.

And saying "I've had a bad time on Balmung therefore it's generally bad" does not help either. Do you honestly think that everything on Mateus will be devoid of the issues you're talking about? It will have these same issues; every community has these issues no matter which game or which sever you go to.

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking to leave Balmung but want RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Y'raya - 06-14-2017

I agree. There will always be people you might not like, parts of the community will always feel cliqueish, ERPers are there whether you like it or not (and still, really, what's the big deal?), and we shouldn't be taking shots at Balmung. Lots of good people there, who have helped found even this community here for us to use. People who even, in some cases, are reaching out to help, promoting us here, and even in some cases joining us. Let Mateus stand on it's own, and let's not get into the whole "comparing contrasting" game that keeps ripping these discussions apart, and potentially deterring people from joining us who may find it petty.

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking to leave Balmung but want RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Gen Quickpaw - 06-14-2017

"I am a new transfer over here myself, and I can honestly tell you the community here is WAY BETTER than Balmung. I haven't seen an erper, everyone is nice and friendly"

Oh yes, Alienate people who might ERP, no matter your stance on it, I will say that some of the most imaginative rp'ers i've played with, also dabbled in the ERPZ..

I'll just mirror the former poster and say that an attitude like this will sooner scare people away than lure them to you.

Also, I do have an alt on Mateus and the first thing that happened was me seeing shoutchat echoing with RP hate.. granted that will happen anywhere ~~

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking to leave Balmung but want RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - FeuIzanami - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 05:10 PM)Gen Quickpaw Wrote:  "I am a new transfer over here myself, and I can honestly tell you the community here is WAY BETTER than Balmung. I haven't seen an erper, everyone is nice and friendly"

Oh yes, Alienate people who might ERP, no matter your stance on it, I will say that some of the most imaginative rp'ers i've played with, also dabbled in the ERPZ..

I'll just mirror the former poster and say that an attitude like this will sooner scare people away than lure them to you.

Also, I do have an alt on Mateus and the first thing that happened was me seeing shoutchat echoing with RP hate.. granted that will happen anywhere ~~

Again, I didn't mean to make it seem like I am against Balmung in any fashion. I would honestly STAY on Balmung if it wasn't so packed! I sincerely apologize if the way I voiced this sounded like I was turning my nose up at Balmung. ERP is fine, I utilize ERP in RP but I don't strictly make it my thing or make it a public display as well. I'm not bashing ERP, I am just stating it's nice to have a more tasteful approach to ERP in RP. 

Again, last thing I was trying to do with this is create discord between groups. This is supposed to help encourage others to transfer and try something a bit more different. Apologies once more if I came across in a very rude manner, which it seems I did. *bows*

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking to leave Balmung but want RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Zhavi - 06-14-2017

Before this turns into iterations of the other threads -- I just wanna say that regardless of how much time I spend on Mateus or any other server (waitin' on those sweet, sweet rewards): I hope you continue to see positive growth on Mateus.

The more the word gets out, the more people there are spreading it, the better off everyone will be about all the server choices!

Good on you for being proactive.

My best to Mateus. <3 Here's a bump for new players needing a home!

edit - also maybe edit that out in the main post so you stop getting immediate reactions about it, just to help keep things positive. Smile

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking to leave Balmung but want RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Greenley - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 05:10 PM)Gen Quickpaw Wrote: Oh yes, Alienate people who might ERP, no matter your stance on it, I will say that some of the most imaginative rp'ers i've played with, also dabbled in the ERPZ..

Right? If anyone from the Moral Guardian crowd thinks everyone's characters on Mateus are celibate asexuals, whether compared to Balmung or not, boy do I have bad news for you. If you think that's the case I invite you to have so much as a fleeting glance at the Discord NSFW chat.

I'm not directing this at Yara, but speaking generally, because I've seen three people say similar things in the last two days.

Since apologies have been had I have nothing else to add, but I will repeat what I've said here on any thread I see like this because hurting the community hurts mine and my friends' RP, and it's the entire reason I joined this MMO and not one of several alternatives. I don't want to have to go to Balmung to get regular RP outside of a group of the same few dozen people.

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking to leave Balmung but want RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Erah'sae - 06-14-2017

One thing besides everything else.  Get used to the undercutting on the market board. 

It's a competitive market.  Seeing as you can't compete on quality in a fixed-product market like this, there are two avenues. Quantity and price.  Quantity on some things is gated by a fixed supply stream of other product.

Prices are high on Mataes right now due to a lack of suppliers.  More suppliers coming in will drive down prices and narrow profit margins.

Welcome to market pvp.

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking for RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Erah'sae - 06-14-2017

Question: Well what about my house! My gil! I spent a good amount of time and money on those things I'll have you know!

A: As mentioned in the previous question, FC estates are transferred over if you move. That being said, this also applies to anyone who owns an estate or apartment in the game. 

This is, as of today's post by SE, absolutely wrong.

FC's do not currently transfer at all.  There is no current FC transfer method. FC houses are not reimbursed.  Estates do not currently transfer at all. Personal estates are reimbursed.  

This is something on SE's wish list but, ye gods, fact check your stuff.

Ref: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5e1a319accdb6ec98b54ef82e35d22338cf55ce7

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking for RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Gen Quickpaw - 06-14-2017

Yeah pardon if I came across as a bit harsh after apologies had been made, I started writing the post and got sidelined by dinner before I finished it. Should have re-read the thread before posting Smile

And good luck! Might visit in a bit... after I've inhaled the whole Stormblood :3

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking for RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - FeuIzanami - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 05:40 PM)Erah Wrote:

A: As mentioned in the previous question, FC estates are transferred over if you move. That being said, this also applies to anyone who owns an estate or apartment in the game. 

This is, as of today's post by SE, absolutely wrong.

FC's do not currently transfer at all.  There is no current FC transfer method. FC houses are not reimbursed.  Estates do not currently transfer at all. Personal estates are reimbursed.  

This is something on SE's wish list but, ye gods, fact check your stuff.

I already changed it to where It was you getting reimbursed for your estate. If you read the entire answer, I messed up the first part but later go in to say you get reimbursed for your estate. I forgot to edit the first part when changed that from the statement posted by Square. Again, apologies.

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking for RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Dresden Voltaire - 06-14-2017

My SO and I are thinking of transferring to Mateus. The bonus incentives are really tempting and with RP stalling, a change of pace and a new community might be what we need!

RE: NA Adventurers! Looking for RP? New to RP? Welcome to Mateus! - Greenley - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 05:42 PM)Gen Quickpaw Wrote: Yeah pardon if I came across as a bit harsh after apologies had been made, I started writing the post and got sidelined by dinner before I finished it. Should have re-read the thread before posting Smile

Nah, mate, that last part wasn't directed toward you or any one specific person. All good. Thumbsup