Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] [Help/Opinions] Changing characters/accounts - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] [Help/Opinions] Changing characters/accounts (/showthread.php?tid=19811)

[Help/Opinions] Changing characters/accounts - JudicialHunter - 06-19-2017

Hey, so, I have a little (big) problem.

Back when I got FFXIV like, a year or so ago? I accidentally put it on the wrong PS4 account. Which other PS4 players know is a pain because then your Square Enix account is then bound to that particular PS4 account. I know, I know, "JH, you should've checked!" Thing is, it's not my account, it's my dad's. I have several accounts for like, twelve different reasons, lmao (We use separate PS4s but I mooch off his games. Don't judge me.)

So the problem lies herein...

I need to get the characters over to my account, because if we want to play at the same time, womp womp, somebody can't... problem is, I talked to SE about it. They can't unlink the accounts since I've made characters on it already. So, here's the question:

Should I delete my old characters and start new, delete them and see if SE can relink and restore, or just leave them be and 'remake' them on my current account? I don't want to lose all my stuff but, like, eugh. I don't see many options.

Thoughts? Opinions?

RE: [Help/Opinions] Changing characters/accounts - Maril - 06-19-2017

Sticky situation! I really can't give you an answer, but - On the new worlds like Omega in the EU cluster, there is an experience buff going on which is substantial. You could roll a character there, level it up as you want, invest in the story-skip potions and then wait/hope/pray to transfer back to Balmung in the future - or seek out somewhere like Mateus for RP in the meantime, depending on your time zone of course. It's not the same as getting your characters back, but the exp buff and the story skip potions at least make starting anew bearable.

RE: [Help/Opinions] Changing characters/accounts - JudicialHunter - 09-05-2017

Bumping this old thread since I'm peeping the game again and I'm getting tempted to come back.

RE: [Help/Opinions] Changing characters/accounts - GhostlyMaiden - 09-05-2017

If you were to make a new account then this is a short little rundown:

- Balmung is officially locked.
- Mateus has an ever growing RP community due to Balmung locking down.
- For I think $50, you can get an item to skip ARR and HW quests so you can go headfirst into SB and a class of your choice will be boosted to 60. For right now, you can only buy this once per account

So there are pros and cons to "remaking" you characters on your new account and I hope that this was helpful.

RE: [Help/Opinions] Changing characters/accounts - Parvacake - 09-05-2017

I would contact SE, Microsoft, whomever you need and explain the situation. I don't know much about PS4's but exhaust those options first and foremost. I'm sure you're not the first person who's done this and they'll likely provide options or resources to help you.

Usually such things require security question checks and other things to verify things (which you'll probably need your dad's help on if you guys have swapped between things).

If that all doesn't work or customer support can't help? Remake the characters. If you have the money? Boost them. If you don't? Grab some friends and re-level the ol' fashioned way and make an adventure out of it!

RE: [Help/Opinions] Changing characters/accounts - Virella - 09-05-2017

SE or Microsoft won't do anything about this. I've seen similar threads on Reddit, and they were all like "Your problem, make a new account."

I'd honestly don't know what advice to give you. Unless your father wants your character deleted, I'd just keep them? Maybe when he isn't playing you can still log onto those characters, while in the meantime you level them up again on another, new account? I don't think anyone is going to get their panties in a twist if you changed their last names or something.

Doesn't solve the issue you can't go on Balmung though.

That said, I believe your father's account can at least RAF you, so that's something to keep in mind to when making a new account!

To be fair, I'd have a chat with your father about it and see what he wants you to do.