Hydaelyn Role-Players
THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH (/showthread.php?tid=19847)

Pages: 1 2

THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Y'raya - 06-23-2017

Sorry. I'm just expressing how awesome it is to be on Mateus right now, and just do story quests/class quests/hunting log so far and just be able to crank through stuff. This is awesome. Thanks, Squeenix!

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Gegenji - 06-23-2017

Is it really that good? I'm kinda psyched to see how much bonus XP I'll be getting when I finally make my Mateus alt with the server bonus, the +XP items, and so on...

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Y'raya - 06-23-2017

I'm nearly level 20, and I have done nothing but what was listed above. I'm well ahead of my story quest level, too.

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Y'raya - 06-23-2017

What I don't know yet is how it counts the levels. Anyone know if the boost counts other jobs/classes or profession classes towards that level 60 count?

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - foxfirestorm - 06-24-2017

(06-23-2017, 05:32 PM)SoMuchY Wrote: What I don't know yet is how it counts the levels. Anyone know if the boost counts other jobs/classes or profession classes towards that level 60 count?

I have no clue, but once I can get to freakin' 50 on my brd, I plan to unlock mch, so I'll let you know if it still counts or not.

Also have to love how it stacks with the novice xp ring and ala mhigan earrings-- along side FC bonus xp. The xp! The xp runs like gooooold!!

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Y'raya - 06-24-2017

(06-24-2017, 10:28 AM)foxfirestorm Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 05:32 PM)SoMuchY Wrote: What I don't know yet is how it counts the levels. Anyone know if the boost counts other jobs/classes or profession classes towards that level 60 count?

I have no clue, but once I can get to freakin' 50 on my brd, I plan to unlock mch, so I'll let you know if it still counts or not.

Also have to love how it stacks with the novice xp ring and ala mhigan earrings-- along side FC bonus xp. The xp! The xp runs like gooooold!!
 OH MY GOD, I KNOW. It feels so breezy. I've level two people to 20 just in the evenings after work (I am diagnosed with Altitis). I'm probably going to take Y'raya to like... 59 and then risk it, just to be safe. Maybe knock out from crafting/gathering while I'm at it, or go for Ninja on top of Monk.

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Oats McGoats - 06-26-2017

Has anyone checked queue times on Mateus? How are they looking?

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - SicketySix - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 11:27 AM)Yazi Wrote: Has anyone checked queue times on Mateus? How are they looking?

If you mean server queue, there is none.

And if you mean dungeon queues, all worlds share same match making so, just as long as other servers.

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Oats McGoats - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 11:39 AM)SicketySix Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 11:27 AM)Yazi Wrote: Has anyone checked queue times on Mateus? How are they looking?

And if you mean dungeon queues, all worlds share same match making so, just as long as other servers.

Ah sorry, I meant for roulettes and DF in general.

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - SicketySix - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 11:41 AM)Yazi Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 11:39 AM)SicketySix Wrote:

Ah sorry, I meant for roulettes and DF in general.

Then yes, they are the same queue times as any of the other servers since they are shared.Thumbsup

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Gegenji - 06-27-2017

So, I made my Mateus alt and MY GOD.

I would already get +80% XP just from equipment: the Friendship Circlet (from Recruit-a-Friend, +20% XP for classes up to 25), the Ala Mhigo Earring (Preorder bonus for Stormblood, +30% XP for classes up to 50), and the Brand-New Ring (Hall of the Novice, +30% XP for classes up to 30)...

But the XP bonus for the chosen servers seems to be just a flat doubler for XP. Quests give +100% and all my equipment (and food) seems to have double the XP bonus.

So... yeah. 100%+((80%+3%)x2) = +266% XP for each mob kill.

I've only just cleared Satasha and my alt is level 24. And that's after I finally broke my habit of doing all the side quests at around the time I started city-hopping for the MSQ. I made him at around 6pm, went to bed around 11pm. So... 5 levels an hour on average.

AND I'm not even in an FC yet to get the bonus for killing stuff that they can give you or any rested or combo-chain XP. I know it'll taper off as I hit the markers where I can't use some of my +XP equipment (25 loses the hat, 30 the ring... so down 50% there...), but I'll still be getting... what... +166% up to level 50? It's pretty ridiculous, frankly.

Seriously, if you're concerned about having to level up an alt on Mateus or the other servers on the "PLEASE GO HERE" list... don't be. I'm honestly curious to see if I can have him to 60 before the week's end.

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - SicketySix - 06-27-2017

Awesome isn't it? Just reached Tam-Tara and level 27

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Gegenji - 06-27-2017

I just never realized how much it was boosting. A straight up doubler on ALL your XP, including any other bonuses you have? That's crazy, no matter how much or little of the +XP equipment you have.

... Do we have any confirmation if it goes away once you hit 60 or collectively have gained 60 levels or whatever? Because if it sticks around while you still have stuff under 60, then you might be able to get the Armory bonus on top of everything else. Dazed

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - Aqah - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 10:14 AM)Gegenji Wrote: ... Do we have any confirmation if it goes away once you hit 60 or collectively have gained 60 levels or whatever? Because if it sticks around while you still have stuff under 60, then you might be able to get the Armory bonus on top of everything else. Dazed
Once you reach lvl60 in certain class, the buff will switch off for that particular class but will automatically switch on for any other class under lvl60.

With that though, I also wanted to remind that Omega has the same exp buff for new characters as well as one time reward of 1,000,000 gil for reaching lvl30 in any class! Cool And that is twice as awesome!

RE: THIS LEVELING BOOST THOUGH - SicketySix - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 10:29 AM)Aqah Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 10:14 AM)Gegenji Wrote: ... Do we have any confirmation if it goes away once you hit 60 or collectively have gained 60 levels or whatever? Because if it sticks around while you still have stuff under 60, then you might be able to get the Armory bonus on top of everything else. Dazed
Once you reach lvl60 in certain class, the buff will switch off for that particular class but will automatically switch on for any other class under lvl60.

With that though, I also wanted to remind that Omega has the same exp buff for new characters as well as one time reward of 1,000,000 gil for reaching lvl30 in any class! Cool And that is twice as awesome!

Mmmm, yeah but it's primarily an EU server so, cancels it out for me.