Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nhyra's corner - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Nhyra's corner (/showthread.php?tid=1997)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Nhyra's corner - Xenedra - 05-27-2013

I'm partial to the first one, though I think the second one has the slightly more mature look I imagine Eva having. I like the sketchy look :D

RE: Nhyra's corner - Nhyra - 05-28-2013

(05-27-2013, 05:00 PM)Mtoto Wamoto Wrote: I really love the first pic of Eva, although I feel the ear might be a tad to high. Lovely work nonetheless!
 I still have so much to improve at when it comes to anatomy x_x thanks for pointing it out.

And thanks to everyone else who bothered to comment :>

And little piece of non XIV... I saw a pretty picture and "cartoonized" it. The one who guesses reference gets a cookie.

[Image: 8869508331_0b58e65e21_z.jpg]

RE: Nhyra's corner - Edricane - 05-28-2013

Looks good! However I think I might miss out on the cookie cause I have no idea where it's from.

RE: Nhyra's corner - Aysun - 05-28-2013

I duno but she looks like an Alice.

RE: Nhyra's corner - Nhyra - 06-03-2013

Presenting today, after selecting random wiki page to draw... Tessa Jalloh! At least it tries... Figuring out how to use Photoshop again.

[Image: 8939624266_fd088f1b00_o.jpg]
Going to be a long week, all morning shifts at work... lots of time to draw if I don't die to the heat outside x_x

And err, the mystery picture was actually a photo of Lana Del Rey. I never tried to make it look like the original so it might've come out like Alice!

RE: Nhyra's corner - Xenedra - 06-03-2013

Oooh! I kinda see it. I've been listening her to her song from the Great Gatsby a lot >.>. I like the Tessa picture. She looks both tough and adorable, which is pretty Tessa-like as I recall : P

RE: Nhyra's corner - Aysun - 06-03-2013

If morning shifts = lots of time to draw.. that's epic.

Very cute Tessa rendition. Miqo'te always look like they're swimming in their armor when they wear the heavy stuff. XD

RE: Nhyra's corner - Nhyra - 06-04-2013

Thanks for comments again<3 And well, evening shifts would be lots of time to draw too, if I didn't always manage to sleep so late..

For Moonfire this time~  I saw that you only had one picture of your character and wanted to try how she'd turn out in my hands. :3

After struggling with the hair and with no idea how to fix it.. I'll just post it in the state I managed to get it to. No idea how to paint hair today ._.; Apologies. I will return to it later...

[Image: 8950511489_3416c2a3fb_o.jpg]

It's frustrating, when you first feel like you know how to do something and next all self-condifence is crumbling. *mutters* Should start from easy things.

RE: Nhyra's corner - Eva - 06-04-2013

This is amazing!!  I love how you've painted her skin and the way her face/skin looks.  Wonderful job on this!!

RE: Nhyra's corner - allgivenover - 06-04-2013

Reminds me of the style I see here, which is really, really cool.

[youtube]EYh-dCFb4Sg[/youtube]

RE: Nhyra's corner - Arlon - 06-04-2013

Very impressive work!

RE: Nhyra's corner - Rhostel - 06-04-2013

Oh! I know exactly where you've gone wrong with her hair: Her hairline is way too high. Her forehead should be between a half and two-thirds as high before it reaches the hairline. Adjust that, and you should be able to bring down the general volume at the back to something more manageable. The hairline does not start at the very top of the skull, and is lower on women in particular.

<-See my avatar for reference (ignoring the problems it has in other respects).

It's kind of like she's bald and you've put an over-sized wig on her, then padded out the inside of the wig so it's shaped  right, then put it over her skull only to find it now doesn't fit all the way over to her forehead, if that helps you visualise it. Drawing an outline of her skull, keeping it on a separate layer that you can remove later, as you draw the hair in should take care of issue. Smile

Really nice face, though. Very delicate work. The hair's pretty other than the misalignment, too. Thumbsup

RE: Nhyra's corner - Aysun - 06-04-2013

You paint faces so prettyyy o-oHeart

RE: Nhyra's corner - Kassandra Dawn - 06-04-2013

It's still gorgeous!

RE: Nhyra's corner - Alothia - 06-04-2013

Beautiful! Love it, and keep them coming.