Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello from a newly returning player (Balmung) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello from a newly returning player (Balmung) (/showthread.php?tid=19986)

Hello from a newly returning player (Balmung) - Muse - 07-04-2017

Now that fortune has smiled upon me for timing,  I have resubscribed as well as purchased the expansion.  I hope to get more into RP this time around.  I have mainly role played in other games that I have played like SWTOR and TSW.  Right now, I am experimenting to see what main character that I may like, but I still do have the fondness for my scholar.   I pick up this game on and off, but with giving up guild leadership in
a RP guild in another game, so now have more time as well as interest in exploration of more RP wthin FF.

Running around some of the cities today, it has been great seeing a lot of RP going on, and very encouraging!  I am currently on Balmung and checking things out again.

Do not really know many as I lost track of some I knew that used to play. 

I see that there is a new RP server as it appears too.  I may check that out as there are classes that I want to try, but Balmung does not allow for new characters, of course.  Though, at the moment, Balmung is still my home, so I will look around there. Good to see the RP community expanding and thriving in this game.

RE: Hello from a newly returning player - - Muse - 07-04-2017

Please ignore the double post. Apologies.

RE: Hello from a newly returning player - - Dinah-mite! - 07-04-2017

Welcome back! I sadly can't help with RP because different server, but Balmung is a super wonderful server and the people there are awesome so I hope you have a great time!!

Welcome back again doll!
<3
Dinah!

RE: Hello from a newly returning player - - Muse - 07-04-2017

(07-04-2017, 08:36 AM)Dinah-mite! Wrote: Welcome back! I sadly can't help with RP because different server, but Balmung is a super wonderful server and the people there are awesome so I hope you have a great time!!

Welcome back again doll!
<3
Dinah!
Thank you for the welcome and reply.  Yes, I always found Balmung to be great.  I just read about the new server, Mateus, and it looks possibly interesting as I do want to try another class/character but cannot create on Balmung.

RE: Hello from a newly returning player (Balmung) - Maril - 07-04-2017

Welcome back! Smile

RE: Hello from a newly returning player (Balmung) - Muse - 07-04-2017

(07-04-2017, 08:45 AM)Maril Wrote: Welcome back! Smile
Thanks!

RE: Hello from a newly returning player (Balmung) - Thunderbolt300 - 07-04-2017

Hey there and welcome back aboard the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

Gone done lucked out having a character over here already since the server has been completely locked down (albeit temporarily) with the coming of Stormblood (too big for our own good apparently). Also, not sure if you're aware, but any single character can swap to any class they want, so if you're looking to try out the new classes you can still do that on Balmung! 

If you're looking to hit the ground running, it may also help to toss up a Making Connections post here on the RPC forums. You can do some targeted "spear fishing" to find characters that'd mesh well with your own.

RE: Hello from a newly returning player (Balmung) - Muse - 07-04-2017

(07-04-2017, 09:03 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there and welcome back aboard the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

Gone done lucked out having a character over here already since the server has been completely locked down (albeit temporarily) with the coming of Stormblood (too big for our own good apparently). Also, not sure if you're aware, but any single character can swap to any class they want, so if you're looking to try out the new classes you can still do that on Balmung! 

If you're looking to hit the ground running, it may also help to toss up a Making Connections post here on the RPC forums. You can do some targeted "spear fishing" to find characters that'd mesh well with your own.
Oh, right! I had forgotten that detail about being able to do different classes on the same character.  Handy!  Thank you very much for the reminder.   I will definitely looking into the "Making Connections" post very soon.  Thank you again!

RE: Hello from a newly returning player (Mateus) - Muse - 07-22-2017

Little update... moved to Mateus mainly after hearing from friends, and found a nice FC there too.

Still always open to RP and meeting new folks! Cheers.