Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character References - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Character References (/showthread.php?tid=1999)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Character References - Kylin - 05-22-2013

Since our artists like doing random drawings of other characters from time to time, I figured it would be nice to have an organized thread where everyone can post references for their characters. This post will be updated by myself and/or other mods as people post! If you have more than one character, please put secondary characters in a separate post for an easier to follow table of contents.

Table of Contents:

RE: Character References - Kylin - 05-22-2013

Kylin Felstar

Kylin is a hyur midlander. I think Gerik got Kylin pretty good body-wise in one of his silly cosplay drawings here: http://i.imgur.com/FfT5x4y.jpg . A real life reference, actor-wise, would be the following: http://www.kazeo.com/sites/fr/photos/132/caleb-lane_1324590-M.jpg . He has a sole tattoo on his back, representing his past with the Order of the Stormguard. The tattoo is viewable on his wiki.

Ky is now in pretty good shape after the 5 year skip. Not as bulky as a highlander of course, but pretty nicely cut for a midlander. Facial-wise, I've said it many times already but he's kind of a 'pretty boy.' I think people really misunderstand what I mean by this though. By pretty boy, I mean along the lines of someone like Zac Efron for example (lol). He really doesn't look all that different from his current wiki photo: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kylin_Felstar

Complexion: Nicely tan, as he grew up/lives in Ul'dah the desert city.

Clothing-wise, Ky doesn't really wear anything overly baggy. He likes to show off his body with form-fitting clothing more often than not. This gear style is very much the style Kylin takes a personal liking to: http://i.imgur.com/F9GlsEp.jpg . That's kind of going to be Ky's signature style of outfits XD.

RE: Character References - CassandraJean - 05-22-2013

Oooh, this is a nice idea! I do want to draw more of everyone else's characters. And if people post their profiles here I can get a better idea of who -wants- their characters drawn too.

Tim'a Fei
Miqo'te :: A Keeper of the Moon :: Male
Skin color: Light Gray
Eye color: Blue
Hair/Ears/Tail color: Black
Hair Style: Short and messy
Expression: Almost always grumpy
Marks: A scar on his cheek
Body Type: Lean & muscular
Clothing: Usually half-dressed (unless someone badgers him into dressing properly)

More info on his Wiki-page: [LINK]

Picture:
[Image: tumblr_mimk7kxQKY1qck31zo1_1280.jpg]

RE: Character References - Deirdre - 05-22-2013

Most of Deirdre's information can be found on her Wiki, please use it as the main reference.

Hair: Azure, long and unruly.
Eyes: Darkly rimmed heavy lashes, icy coloured orbs.
Build: Overall hourglass figure. Round hips, a handful of breast. Long muscled legs.
Demeanor: Not often happy, a distant or angry gaze. Very elegant of stature.

Again, best pictures are on the wiki, but here is one. Smile

Show Content

LOVE ALL THE ARTSSSS! <3

RE: Character References - Gerik - 05-22-2013

I'm stealing CassandraJean's template cause I'm lazy. (Hope you don't mind :P)

Hyur :: Highlander :: Male
Skin color: Tanned
Eye color: Light Blue
Hair color: Dark Burgundy
Hair Length: Short and cropped, ranges from shaved to perhaps 3-4 inches.
Expression: Nonchalant, often lazing about
Marks: Symmetrical Facial Tattoos
Body Type: Muscular, Gymnast's build
Clothing: Shirtless

Gerik's Skintone Palette
Show Content

Body and Clothes Sheet
Show Content

Underwear Shot
Show Content

More Underwear Shots
Show Content

One More for Good Luck
Show Content

Here is my wiki

And the real-life actor who would play Gerik is Marco Dapper

RE: Character References - Eva - 05-22-2013

Eva Zelorius

Foreword:  Great idea!!  Most everything here is subject to change depending on what we decide for Phase 3 beta with the rest of the appearance options are made available.  Odds are there will not be any major changes though.  Some may note there are a few subtle differences from 1.0 listed already.  Most of this is borrowed from a draft of the wiki page, which we're still working on.  This post will be edited shortly after Phase 3 once we've pinned down more of the specifics.

Face:
A pair of large, round amethysts examine nearly everything with childlike curiosity and smile in compliment with her lips, which are soft and full and most often are painted some shade of red.  Her nose is gently rounded and of normal size and shape.  Her face is framed by her long, straight hair and a smooth, feminine jawline.  Probably the most striking feature on Eva's face is a gray tattoo in the shape of a gnarled tree branch which begins on the left side of her forehead, goes down at an angle over her eyelid, and tapers off in several directions on her left cheek.

Hair:
Yellow-blonde hair sweeps back from her brow and cascades down the entirety of her back, ending a bit below her waistline.  It is soft, clean, and cared for fastidiously.  She often wears a small braid within her hair to one side.  Often when working or fighting she will tie it back in a ponytail to keep it out of her face, but she prefers to leave it be for the most part.  She often threads her knitting needles within her hair when she's not using them as well.

Complexion:
Eva's skin is ashen like most duskwights, but it is pale and has a very slight gray-blue tint to it.  It is smooth and soft, and very meticulously looked after.  While in her early thirties, most might guess her age to be in the mid-twenties instead.  With the exception of the tattoo on her face (see above) and two piercings at the base of each ear, her skin is entirely unmarred and unblemished.

Body:
By and far, her most prominent figure is her extremely ample bosom (yes she has enormous boobs).  She often goes to great lengths to try (often in vain) to conceal this.  Her body is soft and curvaceous; broad hips and a slender waistline give her a beautiful hourglass figure.  Her arms and legs are moderately toned, though she lacks any significant muscle mass.

Fashion:
Having spent most of her adult life overweight, Eva is extremely self-conscious about her appearance, even though she is today considered by most to be stunningly beautiful.  As a result she generally prefers robes, cloaks, shawls, and heavier garments that help conceal her overly buxom figure.  She has had alterations made to armor in order to accomodate her oversized chest, and has found herself at times going as far as wrapping binding cloth around her torso before suiting up in armor.  As a weaver by trade she is moderately aware of fashion trends and tries to meld her own conservative style with that what is popular in search of a happy middle ground.

She prefers white, purple, blue, black, gray, and green to other colors but has been known to wear the entire spectrum.  She does not wear gold jewelry, preferring the look of silver or mythril (bluish).  Her favorite gemstone is the opal.

Eva will wear more revealing garments when she knows she is alone (such as around her home).  She has also been coaxed out of her proverbial shell on rare occasions by friends and has been seen wearing low-cut gowns for events such as masquerade balls and galas, and even the occasional casual social gathering as well.  Recently becoming aware of the effect that wearing such clothing has - particularly on men - she has begun weaving more clothing designed to be low-cut, tight, or otherwise risque. She has not worked up the nerve to wear most of it herself, however.

A Few Plausible Depictions:
Swimming
Knitting/spinning/sewing
Making/pouring/drinking Tea
White mage
Dancing (ballroom)
Spending time with friends
Healing/Nurse
Offering counsel
Robed/Spiritual
Prayer or meditation
In Rain (or really any kind of water)
Practicing with polearm
Eating a sun lemon plain
Brushing hair
Spending time with pet bat
etc.

We've had a fair bit of commissioned artwork done and to date these three depictions of Eva feel the most accurate representations of her - the first in particular stands out to us as being the truest representation of her:

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

Here are a few good screenshots of Eva as she'll appear in ARR from the Beta:

Show Content
Show Content

Here are a couple older hi-res screenshots from 1.0 as well, in various attire and lighting (though these are probably now somewhat outdated):

Show Content
Show Content

Also on the model/actress thread from awhile back, Gerik discovered for us  this model, Claire Tully who looks a bit as we would imagine Eva - albeit with less mascara, paler ashen skin, longer elezen ears, etc.

Any questions about her may be PM'd to us.  We're always glad to talk about her and her nuances!

RE: Character References - Xenedra - 05-22-2013

Xenedra!

Race: Miqo'te Sun Seeker
Skin: Pale, but rosey
Hair: Red, wavy when down, usually straight when up
[Image: nkQWIwy.jpg]
Eye color: Left is blue-gray, Right is blue-green
Build: petite, but curvy
Demeanor: Playful, flirty
Clothing: Favorites!
[Image: GQ0WTSF.jpg]

Xenedra's Wiki

RE: Character References - Moonfire - 05-22-2013

This is no longer my main. Feel free to draw her if you wish though. I will be adding the info for my main soon.

I love art in all different styles. I love this idea. Here is some stuff about my character.

K'eizaki Shakoo (Key-ZAH-key)

Race:
Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun

Face:
Her face is an oval shape with a more pointed chin. Her orange eyes with cat-like pupils are always filled with wonder and glisten. She usually has a smirk or smile on her face. She has white markings on her cheeks. Her cheeks aren't sunk in nor are they overly chubby.

Hair:
Sienna with a fair bit of golden blonde highlight to it. She keeps it pushed out of her face but doesn't do much else with it except brush it. It's thick and falls just a touch below her shoulders.

Complexion:
She has a golden tanned complexion with no real blemishes or marks that stand out.

Body:
Average height. Her shoulders are narrow and sets the stage for the rest of her  frame/ small bone structure. Her waist is defined but her hips are not overly large. Her arms and legs have some muscle definition to them though. Her bosom is noticeable but certainly not large and falls into proportion with her slender body.

Personality: 
Optimistic, adventurous, naive, curious, humanitarian.

Fashion:
Prefers suedes and leathers but will also don white mage robes if that is what is needed. The brighter the better. The more fringe, feathers, buttons, the better. She doesn't like anything made from delicate or fancy material unless she is going to a ball which rarely happens.

Hobbies and potential scenes:
Gazing up at the sky 
Fishing
Archery
Martial arts
Playing a pan flute
Climbing trees

And the real life actress to play her would probably be Jennifer Aniston.

Here are some screenies
[Image: 1820190.jpg][Image: 1820159.jpg]

RE: Character References - Kannadi - 05-22-2013

Name: Kannadi Albedo
Race: Hyur Midlander
Skin: Light to medium brown, trending darker on sunny days of field study.
Hair: Very neatly kept. Dark brown, shoulder-length and gently wavy before the Calamity; may or may not change in coming months.
Eyes: Gray
Build: Respectably fit.
Demeanor: Polite, serious, educated, observant, and reluctant to engage in frivolity. Dislikes being made the center of attention unless it's on her terms.
Clothing: Generally conservative and expensive. Doesn't typically show skin outside of her face and hands if she has things her way. Prefers cool colors to warm ones.

Imagery:

Crafting/casual:
[Image: kannadis.jpg]
[Image: kannadi22a.jpg]
[Image: kannadi20.jpg]

Mage gear:
[Image: Kannadi18.jpg]

And then of course there's her wiki page.

Edit: And a recent drawing from Gerik!
Show Content

Edit: And a full-body drawing by Xenedra!
Show Content

Edit: Some Dragon Age 2 representations.
Show Content

Edit: A drawing from Zeyith!
Show Content

RE: Character References - Valan - 05-22-2013

interesting. maybe she never be draw but... why not?

Sarah Dòxa

Body:  More muscolare than average witha flat chest.
Eyes:  Grey.
Hair:  Short and light grey colored.
Skin:  Slighty pale.
Marks:  Scar on her nose.
Clothing:  Her favourite outfit is a dark red cotton breastcloth, a black dated leather subligar and a pair of Ul'dan soldier's boot. from her waits hang a rifle
[Image: lastlog2.jpg]

Demeanor:she look violent, vengeful, inpulsive and acts before thinking.

Possible Depictions:
fighting (hand to hand, with or without trick, shooting from every distance, even during a bare hand combat)
eating
sleeping
teasing somebody
trying to intoxicate cooking for somebody.

Wiki

Show Content

RE: Character References - Alothia - 05-22-2013

me: Alothia Starkwood

Race: Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te

Skin: Pale

Hair: Long hair, pulled back on the sides. Light pink with medium blue highlights

Eyes: Round pupil, Purple-Gray Iris

Build: Alothia is tall and slight, with a larger bust and hip than can be seen in 1.0

Demeanor: Alothia is flirty and easy of manner, she enjoys having a good time. She's generally not shy, but in intimate situations she can blush rather easily, and because of the pallor of her skin, she shows it.  She does not anger easily, but will stand up for her friends if the need arises with no thought to her own health

Clothing: She dresses mostly in tops and skirts, liking a mix of cloth and leather in her outfits. For special dates, she'll wear a coatee. She also enjoys bliauds and tunics.

Show Content

RE: Character References - Ronberku - 05-22-2013

Name: Ronberku Vantarius
Profession: Blacksmith / Gladiator

Height: Quite tall for a male elezen.

Body: Clear visibly toned muscles that leans more towards muscular than toned. Due to many years working at a forge and carrying all his creations around to be sold. He also has broader shoulders than the average elezen.

Quick example I made in the past. Still needs to be longer more elezen like.
Show Content

Hair: Dark half long hair, which is often pulled back and tied up together behind his head and shoulders. When loose, his hair reaches down his neck to between his shoulders.

Eyes: Golden, which often causes people to think he's an evil man or angry. Only wears glasses when reading books or small letters. Othwerwise he has good eyesight.

Skin: A healthy brown/caramel skin tone.

Scars: One diagonal scar on each of his cheeks.

Clothing: Ronberku is often seen in towns wearing his trademark white shirt, red pants and thigh-high black boots. While his hands are usually covered by a pair of black gloves. Otherwise he likes to wear all kind of matching shirts and pants

Personality: Laid back, flirty, tend to come off as arrogant

Images and drawings

Show Content

RE: Character References - Uther - 05-22-2013

EDIT:

No one ever draws me. I want to be drawn.

Race/Clan/Gender: Hyur/Midlander/Male

Name: Uther Skystrider

Profession: Adventurer/Exiled Dragoon

Personality: Most of all chivalrous and knightly. Also, introspective, though friendly and helpful. Can be fun and humorous, but in combat he's steel-eyed and mean.

Body type: Average height, average build leaning on thin.

Clothing: almost always leather, chain, or heavy cloth. form-fitting.

Activities: There are a few pictures I have in my head of Uther. Usually something like leaning against a wall or sitting in a tree. Simple things. I would really like to see him doing the classic dragoon stance ( http://www.finalfantasy-fxn.net/images/media/5193ce48_final-fantasy-xiv-14-dragoon-art.jpg and http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/115/1151515/dissidia-012-final-fantasy-20110222072727194.jpg ) with a standard issue spear and generic random-nobody leather armor. I think it'd be really cool, since he's always a dragoon at heart even without the armor or lance.

Here are some pictures.

Ä°mage
Ä°mage
Ä°mage

RE: Character References - Caysen - 05-22-2013

Removed.

RE: Character References - Sienna - 05-22-2013

Show Content