Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! (/showthread.php?tid=19992)

Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - Alkazyma - 07-04-2017

[Image: 8Qe2gpc.png]

Greetings everyone!

Hylda Brood, fighter-witch of Gaza, is a priestess of Rhalgr native to the Peaks. This thirty-something Highlander evacuated the Peaks shortly after Garlean takeover with her father, to the Shroud and later to Thanalan after being denied entry to the wood. For twenty years, she would travel Eorzea as a mercenary, sail abroad with privateers and pirates alike as a mender-on-sea and bestow knowledge of her seer-like magics involving soil and earth to those who desired. As someone without self-imposed rules or moral codes, she has (and still does) participate in groups both upstanding and dastardly. 

She is a light-hearted soul upon first impression, finding herself more comfortable when she can make others laugh. Hylda picks and chooses her moments of serious tones and imposing of clarity, much preferring to be an ease of the mind and heart. However, she is aggressive when threatened and boisterous and loud in combat and argument alike. This, paired with her inability to maintain sides in moral conflicts and unwant of staying in one place for too long often cost her admirers and companions. She is wild and free in both body and mind; not afraid to be open and honest with others about any subject and mostly unwilling to accept rules placed upon her. To limit her freedom is considered a great offense, and she will go great lengths to prove as much, as well as assist others finding themselves under such positions.

More of Hylda can be found here, which is constantly updating.

What Hylda is looking for:

• Friends/Business partners/Relationships - Hylda finds herself most comfortable around shady individuals; pirates, rogues, bandits and the like. This is mostly due to the fact they are more accepting of her ways than the upper echelon. This is not to cast aside more morally stout characters, of course! Hylda is fairly easy to get along with on even a most simple level, nonjudging as she is. I'm also open for such friendships blossoming into more mutual relationships. Hylda could also do good with some business partners. Being a priestess witch doesn't exactly pay well. Simple mercenary work, minor mending and medicine, gathering, trinketcrafting and woodcarving are all things she is capable of. 
  • Enemies/Rivals - Whether it be her lifestyle, her practice of magic, or the people she associates with, Hylda is certainly in a position to gain some ire. Just as well, the boisterous Highlander enjoys a good challenge of mind and brawn both. She would happily be open to meeting and entertaining those who would challenge her. 
  • Students - Anyone who wishes to learn and entertain her lifestyle, a wandering into the soil and its purpose in all things, magics bordering on conjury, combined with sword and fist combat, are welcome to seek her out! She would deny none who wish to learn more.
If anyone at all is interested, or would like to discuss more, post away! Likewise, feel free to contact me in-game or on Discord, morne#8219. I'm open to any and all characters and ideas. Thanks!

RE: Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - Virella - 07-04-2017

Heya!

While I'd sadly enough cannot offer my main, as my older cranky Fist will flip her shit instantly about a non-Fist claiming to be Rhalgr's priest and start to scream heresy and all that attached to that in a heartbeat, I can offer out my alt out instead! Seeming she's like a young social outcast who didn't really grow up with the culture pre-conquest of Ala Mhigo!

While she will be confused, she won't go screaming that's an insult to her dead order, unlike my main. In fact, she'd probably just be confused for the rest of the conversation if she finds out. And probably go ask people if she missed something vital about Fists being witches now!

Only drawback with my alt though, and it's completely fine if you'd rather shy away roleplaying with her, if you don't like these characters, is that she's a half-Garlean half-Ala Mhigan offspring. I made her a small Google Docs document I've been working on, before I end up making her wiki page. It's really barebones though. In any case, her tl: dr is: unhappy union between pureblood and Ala Mhigan woman, woman got chased out by Garleans and Ala Mhigans both with her baby, sort of lived all over the place in Gyr Abania. Helena in turn anxious of everything due to run ins with people being racist towards her to various degrees. (That said, as the player, I don't mind people being vile towards her, that's an option as well!)

In any case, Helena might not be the character for you, as I know some people don't enjoy the topics attached what comes with most Ala Mhigan Garlean/Highlander offsprings.

Best of luck finding people to roleplay with o/

RE: Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - Alkazyma - 07-04-2017

(07-04-2017, 09:04 PM)Virella Wrote: Heya!

While I'd sadly enough cannot offer my main, as my older cranky Fist will flip her shit instantly about a non-Fist claiming to be Rhalgr's priest and start to scream heresy and all that attached to that in a heartbeat, I can offer out my alt out instead! Seeming she's like a young social outcast who didn't really grow up with the culture pre-conquest of Ala Mhigo!

While she will be confused, she won't go screaming that's an insult to her dead order, unlike my main. In fact, she'd probably just be confused for the rest of the conversation if she finds out. And probably go ask people if she missed something vital about Fists being witches now!

Only drawback with my alt though, and it's completely fine if you'd rather shy away roleplaying with her, if you don't like these characters, is that she's a half-Garlean half-Ala Mhigan offspring. I made her a small Google Docs document I've been working on, before I end up making her wiki page. It's really barebones though. In any case, her tl: dr is: unhappy union between pureblood and Ala Mhigan woman, woman got chased out by Garleans and Ala Mhigans both with her baby, sort of lived all over the place in Gyr Abania. Helena in turn anxious of everything due to run ins with people being racist towards her to various degrees. (That said, as the player, I don't mind people being vile towards her, that's an option as well!)

In any case, Helena might not be the character for you, as I know some people don't enjoy the topics attached what comes with most Ala Mhigan Garlean/Highlander offsprings.

Best of luck finding people to roleplay with o/

I dunno, cranky Fist and Hylda getting into it sounds like it could be fun too! Hylda's titles are all self-imposed, and it would be interesting seeing her attempt to defend such claims. But anyway.

Helena sounds just as interesting! Hylda wouldn't take issue with her at all so long as she isn't affiliated with the Garleans, which I see she is not. I am very much interested in having Hylda meet them both, either way! Can talk more if you're interested in setting something up!

RE: Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - Virella - 07-05-2017

(07-04-2017, 09:35 PM)Alkazyma Wrote: I dunno, cranky Fist and Hylda getting into it sounds like it could be fun too! Hylda's titles are all self-imposed, and it would be interesting seeing her attempt to defend such claims. But anyway.

Helena sounds just as interesting! Hylda wouldn't take issue with her at all so long as she isn't affiliated with the Garleans, which I see she is not. I am very much interested in having Hylda meet them both, either way! Can talk more if you're interested in setting something up!
Toss me a PM in game on either Helena Bloodbinder, or Avelyn Firestone (I tend to bounce between the two) and we can try to work something out!

RE: Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - Thunderbolt300 - 07-05-2017

Hey there!

You're certainly welcome to run into Kasi sometime, or have had a past encounter with her as a connection. Much like Hylda, Kasi has spent the better part of her last 17 years on the road as a wandering mercenary. She's operated mostly out of Gridania and Ul'dah over the years and tends to be a free spirit as well that's motivated more by exploration, sightseeing, and challenges than she is by gil (given that she's got her own moral code and tries rather hard to stay on the legal side of the profession). She's been involved with several criminal rings / underground organizations as well to various degrees- although she tries to keep that on the down low (if there aren't any witnesses, nothing happened). Currently she's most involved with an underground organization called the Veil. 

Anyway, you can delve into those things more in-depth via the links below- let me know if something tickles your interest!

RE: Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - Alkazyma - 07-05-2017

(07-05-2017, 09:07 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there!

You're certainly welcome to run into Kasi sometime, or have had a past encounter with her as a connection. Much like Hylda, Kasi has spent the better part of her last 17 years on the road as a wandering mercenary. She's operated mostly out of Gridania and Ul'dah over the years and tends to be a free spirit as well that's motivated more by exploration, sightseeing, and challenges than she is by gil (given that she's got her own moral code and tries rather hard to stay on the legal side of the profession). She's been involved with several criminal rings / underground organizations as well to various degrees- although she tries to keep that on the down low (if there aren't any witnesses, nothing happened). Currently she's most involved with an underground organization called the Veil. 

Anyway, you can delve into those things more in-depth via the links below- let me know if something tickles your interest!

Oooooh. A past encounter and meeting again could be interesting. Can I contact you in-game? Smile

(07-05-2017, 06:21 AM)Virella Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 09:35 PM)Alkazyma Wrote: I dunno, cranky Fist and Hylda getting into it sounds like it could be fun too! Hylda's titles are all self-imposed, and it would be interesting seeing her attempt to defend such claims. But anyway.

Toss me a PM in game on either Helena Bloodbinder, or Avelyn Firestone (I tend to bounce between the two) and we can try to work something out!
Will do!

RE: Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - Nebbs - 07-05-2017

A witch you say?

Well may I interest you in [Our IC Witching LS], we may be small but all are IC playing witches of one form or another.

(07-05-2017, 12:22 PM)Nebbs Wrote: A witch you say?

Well may I interest you in [Our IC Witching LS], we may be small but all are IC playing witches of one form or another.
Yes please!

RE: Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - Thunderbolt300 - 07-05-2017

(07-05-2017, 12:17 PM)Alkazyma Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 09:07 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there!

Oooooh. A past encounter and meeting again could be interesting. Can I contact you in-game? Smile

Totally! I'm usually in-game from around 5 PM CST - 11 PM CST, and all day on the weekends. I'm also on Discord too, if you want to poke me there! Thunderbolt300#0807.

RE: Ala Mhigan Witch looking for RP! - SicketySix - 07-05-2017

Hey there!

Added you on Discord but thought I'd make a post in here as well.

I have a character you may be interested in, though the connection wouldn't be the more lawless type you are looking for. Instead, she's a young Highlander, age 20yrs old who quite simply is trying to find her place in where she belongs.

She has a heart of gold, but is easily impressionable and manipulated into things less so. She's quick to befriend people of all race/gender and is quick to offer a hand to those in need.

If you wish to know more you can browse her wiki listed below or hit me on Discord.
https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Savona_Drake