Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Mateus] It just keeps dragging me back! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: [Mateus] It just keeps dragging me back! (/showthread.php?tid=20005)

[Mateus] It just keeps dragging me back! - shotgunbadger - 07-05-2017

Hey all! It's been forever but once again the siren call of this game has dragged me back in. So now I get to play my poor little over RP'd under actual played level 25 Arcanist Lalafell and desperately rush her to 50 so I can finally make her the Red Mage she was always meant to be.

So yea, I think this is like my third introduction and I still suck at these, but hi! If you remember a tiny chef/fisher/magician named Zutoto Zuto that'd be me and I'm eager to come back! What all did I miss since last expansion with the community? Is Balmung still cartoonishly impossible to make a new character in? What's this Mateus stuff? How are you all? Are we loving this expansion? Does anyone have a spare cig?

RE: [Balmung] It just keeps dragging me back! - SicketySix - 07-05-2017

(07-05-2017, 03:53 PM)shotgunbadger Wrote: Hey all! It's been forever but once again the siren call of this game has dragged me back in. So now I get to play my poor little over RP'd under actual played level 25 Arcanist Lalafell and desperately rush her to 50 so I can finally make her the Red Mage she was always meant to be.

So yea, I think this is like my third introduction and I still suck at these, but hi! If you remember a tiny chef/fisher/magician named Zutoto Zuto that'd be me and I'm eager to come back! What all did I miss since last expansion with the community? Is Balmung still cartoonishly impossible to make a new character in? What's this Mateus stuff? How are you all? Are we loving this expansion? Does anyone have a spare cig?

Balmung is completely shut off to new characters and transfers as of now. Mateus seems to be the go to spot for RPers right now and has gathered quite an impressive amount in the short time it's been. If you plan to roll a new character, I'd advise to do so over there.

And welcome back!

RE: [Mateus] It just keeps dragging me back! - shotgunbadger - 07-05-2017

Wow that's...interesting.

Well, also kinda 'lucky' too because I've just found that buying FFXIV through steam is different than my old account, so this bundle of XIV and Storm can't be applied to my original account anyway! So...looks like I'm gonna go to Mateus after all! How's stuff there?

RE: [Mateus] It just keeps dragging me back! - SicketySix - 07-05-2017

(07-05-2017, 04:49 PM)shotgunbadger Wrote: Wow that's...interesting.

Well, also kinda 'lucky' too because I've just found that buying FFXIV through steam is different than my old account, so this bundle of XIV and Storm can't be applied to my original account anyway! So...looks like I'm gonna go to Mateus after all! How's stuff there?

It's a new RP scene, and all the growing pains and issues that accompany it. That being said it's a great server with friendly people. Finding RP should not be a problem for you

RE: [Mateus] It just keeps dragging me back! - shotgunbadger - 07-05-2017

Well that at least turns 'well shit' to more a mild annoyance. At least it'll be fun to be at the start of an RP scene again Tongue

RE: [Mateus] It just keeps dragging me back! - Thunderbolt300 - 07-06-2017

Hey there and welcome back aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

Best of luck over on Mateus!

RE: [Mateus] It just keeps dragging me back! - SicketySix - 07-06-2017

(07-05-2017, 05:05 PM)shotgunbadger Wrote: Well that at least turns 'well shit' to more a mild annoyance. At least it'll be fun to be at the start of an RP scene again Tongue

My one friend had that exact problem. Buying the game on Steam, the xpack from EB Games or something. Either way it's dumb but what can ya do.

Best of luck to you!