Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello folks! Officially hailing from Balmung! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello folks! Officially hailing from Balmung! (/showthread.php?tid=20059)

Hello folks! Officially hailing from Balmung! - AlgusMarquis - 07-09-2017

I figure now that I've had the opportunity to rp with a few people at random in Ul'dah, and even got to further one development with someone at the Grindstone last night, I figure now is a good time as any to just jump in the deep end and start getting involved in the party.

My character is named Algus Marquis - actually got it as a combination as I absolutely loved the original Final Fantasy Tactics.

Using the template as supplied by Sorcini, just a few details about myself:

Common things your fellow RPers may be interested in knowing about you if you choose to share.
  • MMORPG background

- Relatively experienced with MMOs. My first gateway into it was Final Fantasy XI, which eventually led me to World of Warcraft, Aeon, Star Wars The Old Republic, EVE Online, and FFXIV after 2.0

• RP experience

-  very little in my personal opinion. While the concept I understand, I still know there is so much for me to learn and master. But practice makes perfect, and hopefully while practicing I can enhance the experience for everyone one involved

• Character ideas/info

- the character I have is a tinkerer by trade; he takes on every possible trade job he can because he enjoys working with his hands, and to be able to visually see his work. He will rarely ever take the initiative in any social situation, unless it absolutely calls for it and there's clearly no other choice except failure.
  • How did you learn about the coalition?

- Googling. Hey, search engines are there for a reason.
  • What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

- I would imagine medium, as while I see my character as being an individual entity, at the end of the day I don't want to be cut off from other aspects in the game just because it doesn't "fit the profile".
  • Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)

- I work 40+ hours a week in retail, while still in school at a university for an accounting degree. Not many hobbies since gaming is my immediate go to for the real life escape.

.....so I guess past that, going to see where the road takes me from here. 

I hope I have the opportunity to contribute in a positive manner towards the stories you continue to write (and haven't had a chance to write yet).

RE: Hello folks! Officially hailing from Balmung! - Maril - 07-09-2017

Welcome aboard! o/

RE: Hello folks! Officially hailing from Balmung! - Thunderbolt300 - 07-10-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

You gone done lucked out being on Balmung already- and it sounds like you're off to a pretty good start with the Grindstone, too! The Quicksand in Ul'dah is also a pretty good place to eavesdrop and cut your teeth as you get deeper into the RP world. There's a whole lot of opportunity out there though, and it's a pretty big community, so it can take some time to settle in. If you haven't already, it might be worth tossing up a Making Connections post here- that'll give you some more direct contacts to work with that suit your character more perfectly. 

As for FFT...

"I find dead men rout more easily."

RE: Hello folks! Officially hailing from Balmung! - AlgusMarquis - 07-10-2017

(07-10-2017, 09:57 AM)Thank you for the warm welcomes! I'll probably post a connections article later tonight as suggested when I'm ata keyboard and desk.Also....Thunderbolt300 Wrote: As for FFT...

Good choice of quote, considering I named my feather beaked yellow friend Gafgarion.Chocobo

RE: Hello folks! Officially hailing from Balmung! - Thunderbolt300 - 07-10-2017

(07-10-2017, 11:37 AM)AlgusMarquis Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 09:57 AM)Thank you for the warm welcomes! I'll probably post a connections article later tonight as suggested when I'm ata keyboard and desk.Also....Thunderbolt300 Wrote: As for FFT...

Good choice of quote, considering I named my feather beaked yellow friend Gafgarion.Chocobo

You, sir, have excellent taste. You'll have to dye him a proper bronze later!