Hydaelyn Role-Players
New classes announced - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New classes announced (/showthread.php?tid=201)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: New classes announced - Aveline - 07-10-2010

Wow there are more of us in the test than it seems ^_^ we should all try to get together sometime during beta.

Re: New classes announced - Eva - 07-10-2010

Of course it occurs to me that the allocation of skill/attribute points (STR, DEX, INT, etc.), if they haven't changed it from the alpha, is still going to play a factor and may prove inhibitive for some classes if you sacrifice a lot of something in order to gain something else (i.e. lots of STR at the cost of a minimal INT score). I can see how if someone wanted to play several jobs, or dabble even, this may prove difficult with only one character if they wanted to excel at one in particular. I was happy being a skilled dragoon in FFXI with a mediocre black mage for when it was needed (which, imo, was far too often). I suppose this post can apply to the "To alt or not to alt" thread as well...

I'd still consider Flayer as a sort of 'main melee' job if it became available, though I have enjoyed lancer and pugilist as well.

What I find myself wondering is whether, and to what degree, these attribute points would impact the Disciples of the Hand/Land jobs... like will MND make a difference for weaving, and STR for blacksmithing?

Re: New classes announced - Hiname - 07-10-2010

*happily jumps to her e-mails... and returns with a sad face shortly after*

Meh... Well, if someone would be as nice and tell me a bit about how leveling(I thought I heard there are no levels here.. Oh well, things do change.) a Disciple of the Hand works out thus far, that would be majorly nice.

Edit] Pretty much everything I know is, that they are able to repair other party members stuff and that you can "lvel up" by simple doing your merry crafting stuff.
How every this may look like, Im curious.

Re: New classes announced - Aveline - 07-10-2010

Just to note, I know the Japanese class lists translated Botanist to Harvester, but I am fairly certain that the English-language version of the class name is still Botanist.

Re: New classes announced - Rikitiki - 07-10-2010

Digression from topic for technical support! :study:

Neilietheous, I'll bet you did the same thing I did... clicked on the word "REVEAL" next to the word "SPOILER" (in ArmachiA's first post on page 1), and nothing happened.

You, my friend, have JavaScript turned off. Big Grin

If you're using Firefox, you're probably also using NoScript. Just allow "jquery.com" scripts to run, then go back to page 1 and click "REVEAL". The list of jobs will show up.

If you're not using Firefox... you should be! Big Grin

(Seriously, though, I have absolutely no doubt that whatever browser you're using, we have somebody here who knows how to fix the problem. Big Grin)

We now return to your regularly-scheduled forum.