Hydaelyn Role-Players
4.05 Patch Notes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 4.05 Patch Notes (/showthread.php?tid=20139)

Pages: 1 2

4.05 Patch Notes - Kieron Lohengrin - 07-18-2017

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/99b3a5c490b174e2e8382b05eb1fc7fea9115bfc

you can still spam pvp all day for creation tomes ahuahuahuehue \o/

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Yian Kutku - 07-18-2017

Show Content

Should we talk about the elephant in the room.

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Teadrinker - 07-18-2017

I dig the AST change.

Now instead of being slightly OP they're more balanced and have 3 DPS card options. Win/Win imo.

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Kilieit - 07-18-2017

There's this too (note the date is today's):

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/a17b92457955d60a1b16d2bc103c4dfa1fd24154

Kind of unfortunate that they reintroduced this at the same time as new Aqua...

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Maril - 07-18-2017

*An issue in the Lost Canals of Uznair wherein the sound effects for selecting the wrong door are played even when selecting the correct door under certain conditions.

So you can open the right door but get the wrong animations and sounds... That's nightmare fodder.

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Kieron Lohengrin - 07-18-2017

(07-18-2017, 04:00 AM)Maril Wrote: *An issue in the Lost Canals of Uznair wherein the sound effects for selecting the wrong door are played even when selecting the correct door under certain conditions.

So you can open the right door but get the wrong animations and sounds... That's nightmare fodder.

[Image: 1w6DRLS.jpg]

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Silmanos - 07-18-2017

(07-18-2017, 04:00 AM)Maril Wrote: *An issue in the Lost Canals of Uznair wherein the sound effects for selecting the wrong door are played even when selecting the correct door under certain conditions.

Troll doors were already painful in Aqua.... pls no

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Yian Kutku - 07-18-2017

(07-18-2017, 02:53 AM)Teadrinker Wrote: I dig the AST change.

Now instead of being slightly OP they're more balanced and have 3 DPS card options. Win/Win imo.

I'm predicting, at least early on, that AST/SCH will be even more meta, due to Chain Strategem, Spear, and Critlo.

I'm not sure yet what to think about the Scholar changes, since my primary irritation (increased cost on Adloquium) has not changed. I did not expect the Indomitability buff (was actually expecting a nerf), which makes me even more nervous that there will be content requiring such massive AoE healing.

Excogitation has graduated from "what the hell is this" to "well, okay". Having its recharge be the same as its uptime might be nice? Would still be better if it went off at the end, regardless of whether the target's HP dropped below 50%, but that might be too overpowered.

Guaranteed recharge reduction of Aetherflow by five seconds every time we use an Aetherflow ability is pretty nice.

The reduction in MP cost of Esuna might actually be the change I'm happiest about. No longer do I have to go OOM in the first boss of Great Gubally Lubrally because the party just will not stop standing in bad.

EDIT: The Job Guide for Scholar has been updated.

Quote:Deals unaspected damage with a potency of 100 to all nearby enemies.
Additional Effect: Unaspected damage over time
Potency: 25
Duration: 12s

That's pretty amazing.

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - SapphireSkylines - 07-18-2017

I know my FC is going to put at least four of those elephant statues in the house. And yay! More stuff and things and changes.

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Gegenji - 07-18-2017

(07-18-2017, 04:41 AM)Yian Kutku Wrote: I'm not sure yet what to think about the Scholar changes, since my primary irritation (increased cost on Adloquium) has not changed. I did not expect the Indomitability buff (was actually expecting a nerf), which makes me even more nervous that there will be content requiring such massive AoE healing.

The fact that Adloquium's cost is still a bit high sucks, but on the whole it seems like all good changes to me:
  • The changes to Emergency Tactics and Indomitability help by bolstering SCH's AoE healing potential, as well as let you use Adlo for a big, shieldless heal more often. Needing to spam them a bit less should also help with the MP drain inherent in trying to heal an entire group effectively. But that could just be me - I have a nasty habit of trying to use Succor just as an HP heal even without ET if my team is low.
  • Excogitation now actually looks like it'll be usable rather than just a worse Lustrate. I do agree that it'd be nice if it popped the heal or turned it into a shield should the "trigger" not go off, but then it would definitely need a longer recovery time for balance's sake. At least I'll be more willing to try to use it, especially if I'm aware enough to toss it up before a tankbuster.
  • The changes to Fey Union and the Fairy Gauge hopefully will mean that it'll be more useful for tank healing. I still don't know if turning off your fairy's other abilities to do this is still a good thing, but I suppose it'd be less of a problem if I actually micromanaged my fairy and toggled Fey Union on and off to use the other abilities.
  • Quickened Aetherflow seems like probably the unsung "best buff" for this. It guarantees you'll be able to use your Aetherflow (and the MP recovery from it) basically 25% more often. And if you pop your fairy for more stacks, then you can cut the recovery time in half for those MP-tight situations.

SCHs will still need to be a bit more careful with their MP, but being able to heal more and use Aetherflow more often should help balance it out some. Will have to actually run Gogon through some dungeons as healer to see (I've been taking him as a RDM instead for the past couple weeks. Blush ).

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Silmanos - 07-18-2017

Personally I don't think the aetherflow buff goes far enough. All it does is shorten my moments of praying by fifteen seconds when things go wrong. I haven't tested it yet, but with the pull everything mentality that still exists I still expect to see me sitting there spamming physick hoping it is enough to keep the tank up till I can use lustrate again. Which means while miasma II is nice it will possibly see little use. I really hope I am wrong and the buffs are better than anticipated,  but after the hell that SCH was reduced to I am not holding my breath.

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Sophia_Grave - 07-18-2017

RIP Machinist lol

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Eses Fafa - 07-18-2017

Yeah that's great and all..but Dragoons need to be able to use NASTROND more often! Like reduce the cooldown on Nastrond or Jump/Spineshatter , give us a means to extend Life of the Dragon or MAKE LIFE OF THE DRAGON BLOODY 30 TO START WITH!

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Gegenji - 07-18-2017

(07-18-2017, 11:07 AM)Silmanos Wrote: Personally I don't think the aetherflow buff goes far enough. All it does is shorten my moments of praying by fifteen seconds when things go wrong. I haven't tested it yet, but with the pull everything mentality that still exists I still expect to see me sitting there spamming physick hoping it is enough to keep the tank up till I can use lustrate again. Which means while miasma II is nice it will possibly see little use. I really hope I am wrong and the buffs are better than anticipated,  but after the hell that SCH was reduced to I am not holding my breath.

I was about to argue that you could also be able to do more Emergency Tactics'd Adlos as well with the reduced ET cooldown, but then I realized that an ET'd Adlo and one that isn't still technically "heals" the same amount - just whether part of it is barrier or not - regardless. Bleh. I concede that point. Blush

RE: 4.05 Patch Notes - Melkire - 07-18-2017

Steel Cyclone now has sustain akin to Inner Beast and Storm's Path....

Ha. Aha. Ahahahahahahaha. Yes. Good. I shall be taking out the trash. All of the trash. All of the time.
(I still miss Bloodbath-Vengeance, damn whichever developers took that away from me)

The other WAR changes seem really nice. Letting them stance-dance without cost was kind of a no-brainer, as that's how the kit was designed in 3.0. Make {Shake It Off} actually useful, UNCOUPLE THE SHARED CD BETWEEN UNCHAINED AND INNER RELEASE FFS, and that'll be it as far as much-needed QoL fixes for WAR.