Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character's Profile - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Character's Profile (/showthread.php?tid=20153)

Character's Profile - Yurimochi - 07-19-2017

Hi there, this is my Character's Info so far that I've come up with. It is still in WIP but that's why I'm here, so any critiques or help would be greatly appreciated!

Name: Yuri Momochi
Race: Au Ra - Raen

Personality: 
Smart, timid, kind, caring, oblivious in her studies.

Bio: 
Born in Doma and raised in Shirogane with her mother, she was a young prodigy with the art of arcanima. She loved reading old knowledgeable tomes to begin with, but being able to use aether with the tomes and summon forth pets and faeries sealed the deal. Always studying and reading her tomes but as well as daydreaming here and there. Mostly quiet but is approachable, just when she has a book you have to tap her on the shoulder to bring her out of her little world. 

She became a scholar to learn the ways of being a healer and helping those in need, as well as a summoner to test her own strengths and abilities. She could even manipulate aether on her own without having to use her codexes, which only a few handful could do. But mainly became a healer due to her past, the death of her childhood friend. Yuri was much younger at the time but still she couldn't save her friend from a wrongful death. The tragedy made her mute for a while until she moved over to Eorzea and to learn more of the art of arcanima. Her mother showed her and guided her the way to what her daughter wanted the most, for she too was an arcanist  as well.

For 5 years, Yuri spent her time in the arcanist's guild studying all about the arcanima arts as much as she could. Her studies made her travel all over Eorzea, meeting new faces and discovering new areas, so far Gridania is her favorite since she could sit under a tree and enjoy a nice book (and maybe take a nap). Although she spends a lot of time on her own, she does enjoy company and clearing dungeons with them. You'll frequently see her at the Arcanist's guild, Gold Saucer for Triple Triad or somewhere in Gridania.

Family: 
Her mother raised Yuri all on her own due to her father passed away, she never got to meet him. Her parents are both Au Ra Raen, her mother didn't have limbal rings nor as many scales that everyone does, but her father loved her the way she was for her free sprirt. Her father was a well liked man of their clan, always looked up to and reliable. He was sick for a very long time but was able to keep his symptoms hidden, even from his own wife to not worry her and just enjoy everyday like it would be the last. He knew he would die some day so he saved up for her and Yuri to move out of the house and start a new life that he knew he couldn't be a part of, so they took off for Kugane and lived in Shirogane happily.

That's all I got for now, but this is my first RP character heh, but this is the basis of what I would like her to be ^^ Any advice would be helpful!

There are still somethings I am unsure of, such as lore about the Raens, arcanima, her personality, and my story as well. Any links about those or you think that would help and make this more concrete would be great!

RE: Character's Profile - Arashin Kujqai - 07-20-2017

totally not bumping this for her

I'm actually curious myself about Raens too, other than the obvious "I ran away from home" ideas or something... Considering their place in SB, what room do they actually have to RP otherwise? Because it sounds like....

Show Content

RE: Character's Profile - SapphireSkylines - 07-20-2017

Hey there! What you have so far looks good but I do have some pointers. Scholars originated from Nym which was the main city state in Vylbrand (La Noscea) about 2,000 years ago, give or take. I think it's possible for a character to become a scholar, if they end up digging in the ruins of Nym and come across a soul stone. 

Becoming a summoner is even more difficult. Soul stones are very hard to come by, not to mention just learning how to summon an egi takes work. Your character would've either needed to slay a primal, or have traveled to a place where a primal was slain to gain it's essence and aether to make an egi. 

And Raen don't have clans. Only Xaela have clans.

RE: Character's Profile - Silmanos - 07-20-2017

Actually as per the lore book ((and the fact that you run into raen npcs in numerous places)) the raen have completely integrated themselves into the Doman and Hingan cultures. All of those raen npcs you see in Kugane are actually most likely natives of Kugane and have been there for a very long time. So the above is an extreme misconception born from those spoilers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a raen from Hingashi in the slightest. 

The biggest issue I see is the whole arcanist, scholar, and summoner thing. Firstly the latter both require soul crystals to actually utilize those jobs. SCH soul crystals containing the fairy, and summoner soul crystals assisting in the art itself. SCH soul crystals are only found in the ruins of Nym in La Nosea, and she'd either need to be taught by someone who has knowledge of Nymian tablets written in the Nymian language, or have access to them herself. As for SMN those soul crystals have been found by Saint Coinach's Find but being a SMN requires you to have been there at the defeat of a primal to use their arts. This is not a common thing for most people to survive, though they do exist.

My suggestion is to stick to arcanist as they do still have the ability to heal with the spell Physick, and ro set a goal to have her become a scholar by finding a soul crystal in rp. You can put it as part of her backstory but it would need to be written to accommodate it specifically.

RE: Character's Profile - Maia - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 09:27 AM)Valic Wrote: totally not bumping this for her

I'm actually curious myself about Raens too, other than the obvious "I ran away from home" ideas or something... Considering their place in SB, what room do they actually have to RP otherwise? Because it sounds like....

Show Content

My friend and I actually had a very in depth conversation about Raen in the lore, and I don't think their backstory options are as "boxed in" as the MSQ portrays.

Show Content

RE: Character's Profile - Yurimochi - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 09:46 AM)Silmanos Wrote: Actually as per the lore book ((and the fact that you run into raen npcs in numerous places)) the raen have completely integrated themselves into the Doman and Hingan cultures. All of those raen npcs you see in Kugane are actually most likely natives of Kugane and have been there for a very long time. So the above is an extreme misconception born from those spoilers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a raen from Hingashi in the slightest. 

The biggest issue I see is the whole arcanist, scholar, and summoner thing. Firstly the latter both require soul crystals to actually utilize those jobs. SCH soul crystals containing the fairy, and summoner soul crystals assisting in the art itself. SCH soul crystals are only found in the ruins of Nym in La Nosea, and she'd either need to be taught by someone who has knowledge of Nymian tablets written in the Nymian language, or have access to them herself. As for SMN those soul crystals have been found by Saint Coinach's Find but being a SMN requires you to have been there at the defeat of a primal to use their arts. This is not a common thing for most people to survive, though they do exist.

My suggestion is to stick to arcanist as they do still have the ability to heal with the spell Physick, and ro set a goal to have her become a scholar by finding a soul crystal in rp. You can put it as part of her backstory but it would need to be written to accommodate it specifically.

Makes sense! So I could make her an arcanist right now that studies constantly of the Nymian language and the soul of scholar?

RE: Character's Profile - LiadansWhisper - 07-20-2017

Also, I thought I would mention that Shirogane is a new settlement being developed exclusively for foreigners. In the context of the quest to show you it, it's not even built yet and no one has lived there to date.

Your character could have been raised in Kugane, even without being able to own land. There are too many Windows for there not to be rental spaces available, imo.