Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Adventurer in need of acquaintances! (/showthread.php?tid=20164)

Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Lowen - 07-21-2017

Hello!

I suppose I don't really have much to tag here. I usually keep busy while in-game doing everything but roleplaying, but I've been itching to get the gears turning for some storytelling as of late. I tend to shy away from putting myself out there, however, and as such haven't really made many connections. So, here's to hoping this might spark a little something!

My character is open-ended enough to feasibly get involved in a variety of character types - from merchants, to adventurers like himself. I'm preferably looking for something light and casual, as I don't quite have the time to get into anything too serious right this moment.

I figure I'll just leave my character's wiki here, and you can take a glance over it. If you're interested in sparking something up, feel free to get in touch either here on the RPC (Through the thread, or DMs), or over on Discord @ Sylve#8278!

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Thunderbolt300 - 07-21-2017

Hey there! 

You're welcome to run into Kasi along the road sometime if you'd like. She's a wanderer, explorer, hunter, cook, and road-warrior, so she has enough cause to show up just about anywhere.

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - A'kos - 07-23-2017

You can hit me up sometime.  Light and casual is cool with me, A'kos is a friendly but not outgoing type.  He's a professional wanderer/adventurer, so can show up anywhere without needing much reason.  Doing some adventure rp while doing pve stuff is fine too.

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Lowen - 07-23-2017

Thank you, you two! (And everyone who DM'd) I'll do my best to be in touch soon. I'm looking forward to it.

As a side note, I tagged my Discord ID in the original post, since I know a lot of people use that these days to get in touch with each other. Feel free to poke me there as well!

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Lowen - 08-20-2017

Haven't had a chance to meet up with everyone that responded yet, with my schedule being as weird as it is. That being said, I'm definitely still actively looking for some new acquaintances and circles! My weekends are pretty much open now, so it should be a bit easier to find times that work.

I've really been itching for some more connections with characters that aren't adventurers/mercenaries. Something to give a bit of a contrast to my own character, to experience something a bit more "slice of life", I suppose. Some one to work for instead of with, for example. Or just friends on the other side of the fence who prefer to not get their hands too dirty.

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Constant Elevation - 08-21-2017

I roleplay a thirty five year old monk.  He wouldn't want to get involved in any ''dirty business'' but he'd be definitely up for some adventuring. If you are OK with that, you can contact me here to plan things out or hit me up in game!

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Lowen - 08-22-2017

Oh, I meant that in the literal sense, haha! As in some one who doesn't get their hands dirty with adventuring and what not. Merchants and the like. Civilian trades.

No shady business here. He's a pure cinnamon roll. But absolutely! I'll be in touch soon.

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Constant Elevation - 08-22-2017

(08-22-2017, 01:28 AM)Lowen Wrote: Oh, I meant that in the literal sense, haha! As in some one who doesn't get their hands dirty with adventuring and what not. Merchants and the like. Civilian trades.

No shady business here. He's a pure cinnamon roll. But absolutely! I'll be in touch soon.

Sounds good!

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Gegenji - 08-22-2017

(08-20-2017, 09:40 PM)Lowen Wrote: I've really been itching for some more connections with characters that aren't adventurers/mercenaries. Something to give a bit of a contrast to my own character, to experience something a bit more "slice of life", I suppose. Some one to work for instead of with, for example. Or just friends on the other side of the fence who prefer to not get their hands too dirty.

I noticed your character doesn't like cities too much... but if you're swinging around Ul'dah for any reason, I have a little smith who runs a shop in the Goblet. It's primarily armorsmithing since his pacifism makes him less eager to craft weaponry, but he does do weapon repairs. He's Doman as well, so Sylve might find his native expertise in maintaining and repairing his favored blade of choice handy.

The two being optimistic folk might mean they might hit it off on a friend level too. Chachan's always up for meeting and making new friends. Thumbsup

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - SapphireSkylines - 08-22-2017

If you do end up visiting Chachan's smithy, Sylve may or may not come across Zhara. She's a trained arcanist who has an interest in aetherial studies and history but her focus has mainly been on her music career. She's a songstress who performs at different venues on a regular basis. She's Chachan's girlfriend and she lives with him so if you want, you could hit two birds with one stone and visit us. Big Grin

RE: Adventurer in need of acquaintances! - Lowen - 08-23-2017

(08-22-2017, 10:17 AM)Gegenji Wrote: The two being optimistic folk might mean they might hit it off on a friend level too. Chachan's always up for meeting and making new friends. Thumbsup

That sounds fantastic! Definitely the sort of vibe I was looking for, something outside of the norm for him. I'm sure he'd love to makes friends with a reliable smithy. Or, you know. Friends, period.

(08-22-2017, 12:29 PM)SapphireSkylines Wrote: She's a trained arcanist who has an interest in aetherial studies and history but her focus has mainly been on her music career. She's a songstress who performs at different venues on a regular basis.

Absolutely! It'd be great to meet the two of you. I'll be in touch once I get a hold of a few others. Thank you for your interest!