Hydaelyn Role-Players
Furnishing Design Contest - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Furnishing Design Contest (/showthread.php?tid=20253)

Pages: 1 2

Furnishing Design Contest - Aegir - 08-01-2017

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7c85959feec46a40d2cc9f580b8c069d877196e7

BALMUNGERS, ASSEMBLE!

---------------------------------

FFXIV Furnishing Design Contest: Create a furnishing item you would like for your house!

- Any furnishings aside from housing exteriors (e.g., roofs, roof decorations, exterior walls, exterior wall decorations, windows, doors, placards, and fences).
- The FINAL FANTASY XIV development and operations teams will select 100 winning entries.
- Square Enix will announce winners via the Lodestone on or around Friday, November 10, 2017..

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Gegenji - 08-01-2017

I'm not much of an artist, but I may have something I might sketch out for this... a housing item I've wanted for a while now.

Though, to be fair, it's technically something we've seen in game already, but it's just not something you can make and have in your house/apartment/FC room. I'd just include a screenshot of it from one of the many times you see it, but I doubt that'd count. Laugh

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Saravahn - 08-01-2017

Doors that match walls other than just the mahogany door.
Armor and weapon stands.

It's a shame I can barely even manage to draw stick figures, otherwise I'd jump all over this. Sad

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Teadrinker - 08-01-2017

Just give me a damn seedbox for gardening.

It looks like a box. It holds all the seeds. I put it on the floor of my house.

Please.

(08-01-2017, 10:48 AM)Cvahn Wrote: Armor and weapon stands.

That's literally it. You see castform shapes when you present equipment in the various crafting quest lines. And yet you have no way to do a similar thing and show off equipment in your house. Terrible for those RPers who delve into those roles - can't show off your work!

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Kilieit - 08-01-2017

(08-01-2017, 11:41 AM)Gegenji Wrote:

That's literally it. You see castform shapes when you present equipment in the various crafting quest lines. And yet you have no way to do a similar thing and show off equipment in your house. Terrible for those RPers who delve into those roles - can't show off your work!

This is already confirmed:

PAX East 2017 Community Q+A Wrote:Question 18 - Armour and Weapon Display in Housing
Audience Member 9: I pride myself in being an interior decorator mean in Eorzea, and I have always wanted to be able to display my epic gear and my weapons that I've worked really hard on in the house. So I was wondering if maybe we could get mannequins or weapon racks? (audience applause)
Yoshi-P: (thumbs up as Aimi translates "interior designer") We just so happen to have a similar conversation to that about four days ago in Japan. But somewhere along hopefully the 4.X series, we're looking into the possibility of it.
Aimi: Oh, I'm sorry - definitive! We will accomplish it in the 4.X series!

(08-01-2017, 11:47 AM)Kilieit Wrote:

PAX East 2017 Community Q+A Wrote:Question 18 - Armour and Weapon Display in Housing
Audience Member 9: I pride myself in being an interior decorator mean in Eorzea, and I have always wanted to be able to display my epic gear and my weapons that I've worked really hard on in the house. So I was wondering if maybe we could get mannequins or weapon racks? (audience applause)
Yoshi-P: (thumbs up as Aimi translates "interior designer") We just so happen to have a similar conversation to that about four days ago in Japan. But somewhere along hopefully the 4.X series, we're looking into the possibility of it.

Oh, awesome! Less terrible art from me then. Laugh

... Unless... hm.

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Saravahn - 08-01-2017

(08-01-2017, 11:52 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 11:47 AM)Kilieit Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 10:48 AM)C Wrote: Armor and weapon stands.

Oh, awesome! Less terrible art from me then. Laugh

... Unless... hm.
Thank. god. finally.

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Arashin Kujqai - 08-01-2017

Things that people would really love to see in their houses...

Just gonna leave this here... ya know... in case anyone needs ideas Or would like to submit things we desperately need and should have by now.

Like how the interior of the lobby in Goblet has these wall candle lanterns that we don't have... etc >o>

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Leggerless - 08-01-2017

If I get lucky, I could probably nab a copy of SolidWorks and build models of items.

...Or do moving parts not exist with furniture in FFXIV >.>

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Arashin Kujqai - 08-03-2017

(08-01-2017, 05:08 PM)Leggerless Wrote: If I get lucky, I could probably nab a copy of SolidWorks and build models of items.

...Or do moving parts not exist with furniture in FFXIV >.>
We have a coffin that folds to close and open from Void Ark, we could have more. I kinda wish we had a step ladder that could fold into different lengths for you to walk up but I'm sure that'd get glitchy. Or at least a tabletop book that you can leave open or close.... #dreams...

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - H.H. - 08-03-2017

Show Content

maybe if i get a centaur pillow i'll finally be motivated enough to get an apartment or something

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Arashin Kujqai - 08-10-2017

(08-03-2017, 05:34 PM)H.H. Wrote: maybe if i get a centaur pillow i'll finally be motivated enough to get an apartment or something

[youtube]8s-oQK8c5Ik[/youtube]

Real talk though, if anyone has any submissions, I hope you post em here. Would love to see what we could expect <3

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Yian Kutku - 08-11-2017

To be honest, one of the housing items I've been hoping for is a mirror.

It doesn't even have to reflect anything. It could just be a shiny surface framed and placed on a wall or something.

I just want it for the verisimilitude of having a "livable space" that includes various items for daily life, even if in truth they are not interactable.

Sadly, I suspect we'll never get mirrors, because my opinion of "it doesn't have to reflect anything, it just has to look like a mirror at first glance" is probably in the minority.

(I know reflections in games is very difficult to do, and most devs just have a duplicate world behind the mirror.)

RE: Furnishing Design Contest - Kilieit - 08-11-2017

(08-10-2017, 11:51 PM)Valic Wrote: Real talk though, if anyone has any submissions, I hope you post em here. Would love to see what we could expect <3

This competition is under the same "NDA" as the equipment competitions were - if you post your entry on social media, it's grounds for disqualification. :(

I have a few ideas, I just need to get off my arse and actually mock them up...