Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Is gil-digger a word? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Is gil-digger a word? (/showthread.php?tid=20260)

Is gil-digger a word? - Veda - 08-01-2017

I'm asking for a friend, honest!

[Image: tCrEtUG.jpg]

Hello everyone! I'm here looking to meet new people and knock on some RP opportunity doors. My character is J'veda Yhiro, an adventuring/mercenary-ing, treasure hunting, gil loving Seeker. She'll do just about anything to deepen her pockets then walk the extra malm just to listen to the coins jingle.

So what am I looking for? Any and anyone looking to enjoy everything life has to offer.
If your character knows how to look on the bright side of things, find silver linings, can take a joke, or is just generally positive we'll be sure to get along. It would be great to meet some people who don't let the troubles of the world get them down.

What can offer? My character enjoys life and is hopeful for the future. She's not bubbly or annoying (imo) and has a firm grasp on how f*cked our world can be. That being said, she isn't the type to dwell on the sh*t and instead focuses on the reasons to smile.

Need someone to spar with? Veda will keep you on your toes. Need a hand pick-pocketing in Pearl Lane? Veda's got your back. Need someone to fill in last minute at your show with a song and dance number? Veda has the razzle-dazzle you need. Got a mission coming up and need some extra muscle? /flex

Need someone to sit in a dark corner and stare into glasses of liquor while their eyes glow red from the turmoil of the world? Sorry, can't help you.

Feel free to hollar at me here, on discord, or in game if you'd like to RP! If you don't think our characters would mesh then feel free to hollar at me anyway, I promise to wave or /hug you.

In game is J'veda Yhiro and Discord is DarthVeda#6398

[Image: zP4lyHd.jpg]

RE: Is gil-digger a word? - Kieron Lohengrin - 08-01-2017

Now I ain't sayin she a gil digger ♪
But she ain't messin with no broke mhiggers ♫

oh right welcome \o

RE: Is gil-digger a word? - Arashin Kujqai - 08-01-2017

I imagine it's as much a word as rolanberry replaces common fruits like strawberries. Though gil is just the currency used in FF14, so I'm trying to picture it in a sentence. Do we say "dollar digger" or anything like that IRL? It's a lil iffy, I think no one would pay any mind if the term was used though since the meaning still gets across. I do wonder if there's a term for gold or if it exists as such a concept to have an amount of gil = an amount of gold.

tl;dr: Go nuts with it, it's anyone's guess.

RE: Is gil-digger a word? - Veda - 08-02-2017

Lol I'm afraid gil-digger isn't the right description for Veda. I only meant it as a hook! While she loves money and will Scrooge McDuck into a pile of gil without shame, it isn't /all/ she cares about.

RE: Is gil-digger a word? - Cocotsu - 08-03-2017

If it wasnt, I am tottaly using it now.

RE: Is gil-digger a word? - Veda - 08-04-2017

(08-03-2017, 12:29 AM)Cocotsu Wrote: If it wasnt, I am tottaly using it now.

Theef! Throw them in gaol for stealing my stuff!

Also, still looking to make friends!

RE: Is gil-digger a word? - Kaiverta - 08-05-2017

Gil-digger, ha. xD

Welcome, Veda! Big Grin Your character is an adorable design.