Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Inactive] The Savage Wilds - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Inactive] The Savage Wilds (/showthread.php?tid=20327)

The Savage Wilds - Thunderbolt300 - 08-11-2017

[Image: jsZylxJ.png]

Nestled deep within the Twelveswood, far away from both trail and road, was a small gathering amongst the forest glades. Here, Miqo’te Seekers, Keepers, and even some others were gathered, and while it appeared like a trade bazaar, both the traders and the wares were a league apart from the typical market in Ul’dah. Salvaged Twin Adder armor- bloodstains included- was on display for trade, along with moko grass and somnus extract arrayed in baskets at the feet of another trader. Yet another trader appeared to be peddling concentrated poison extracts, while the one next to him was in the process of exchanging fur hides for vials of what looked to be blood that was hard to identify on glance where, exactly, it’d come from. Of course, more mundane traders were peddling day-to-day wares as well: meat, hides, and basic survival essentials.

The people here were hardly from civilized society, either. Some looked as though they had come off the streets of Ul’dah, while others were clothed in furs and hides, as though they were from poaching clans in the Twelveswood. Others were simply tribal barbarians and vagrants, dressed in the bare minimum. Regardless, these were all people who lived on the extreme fringe of society- just trying to survive any way they could with what they knew in an increasingly alien, modern and civilized age.

[Image: i6BSOSo.png]

The Savage Wilds is an OOC networking and event Linkshell where morally-grey pragmaticism, criminal underground, and the tribal, savage wilderness collide. Mature, dark, and gritty, The Savage Wilds draws loose inspiration from The Witcher series’ Scoia’tael. Here, off the beaten path and into the wild frontier, you can find a people who have been beaten down and brushed aside by the endless churn of social and economic progress. While some are certainly broken, others hope for and strive to see civilization tempered with the traditions of their ancestors. Regardless of their reasons, they come together to do whatever they must in order to make ends meet and survive the next sunrise.

Naturally, the exact means of their survival varies from person to person. Some ply a trade as wandering mercenaries and traders, living at the fringe of civilization, while others turn to banditry, poaching, or thievery. There is even the odd case of piracy and the nearly-defunct practice of humanoid trafficking. Yet others take advantage of the large swaths of untamed wilderness, harvesting and selling rare herbs that are difficult- if not impossible- to obtain off the typical civilized markets. There are even some that are extremists, looking to defy the rule of civilization and law no matter where they go, and even attack it given the chance.

In spite of there being such a diverse ecosystem of lifestyles and professions, there is a steadfast rule in the wilds: a campfire is an open invitation in the heart of the wilds, and an opportunity to meet, trade, and gossip among kindred souls living a hard life. Those who are at least familiar with the wilderness will be able to find friends aplenty among the winding, overgrown paths…

[Image: m1gx5SH.png]

There is no real requirement to joining beyond having a vested interest in world RP away from the towns and cities. Still, it’s good to keep in mind that this is a mature, dark, and gritty Linkshell and it’s very likely you will encounter those themes. Naturally, grey and pragmatic characters will fit in well, but you don’t necessarily need to fit that mold to participate. In fact, you could join the Linkshell as a good-aligned character looking to stem the tide- anything’s possible! We welcome rivalry with both individuals and groups, and will be reaching out to counterpart organizations to collaborate.

That being said, we will maintain activity requirements for the Linkshell and cull inactive players or players that join and don’t participate on a monthly basis. These requirements aren’t anything significant- we just want to avoid a situation where the Linkshell accrues dead-weight over the course of months until it bogs down and dies from inactivity. At the same time, we’ll also limit our maximum membership to 50 players (subject to adjustment) in order to prevent becoming so large that we collapse under our own weight. Really, this is just housekeeping stuff to ensure the Linkshell has a long life and meets its intended goals.

For recruitment information, questions, and joining, contact Kasi Nebuko (Thunderbolt300 on the RPC). We are also available on Discord, which is available on request! When joining the Discord, please remember to change your nickname to the character relevant to the Linkshell.

RE: The Savage Wilds - Savarah - 08-11-2017

Preliminary Sav stamp of approval, because yes. Moogle

RE: The Savage Wilds - Larswith Medwyn - 08-11-2017

I cannot possibly endorse this enough!

RE: The Savage Wilds - Miriamele - 08-12-2017

Another LS for my tiny collection! I can't endorse this enough and I haven't even joined yet!

RE: The Savage Wilds - Thunderbolt300 - 08-18-2017

Thanks for all the interest in this! I've added 12 other people to the Linkshell and we've done a few meetups already, and will continue to do more 'campsites' spread out all over the world in the future. I wish I took more screenshots of them, but I'll remember next time!

RE: The Savage Wilds - Yahdo - 09-01-2017

Tryed messaging you in game but can't seem to get you when you're on. Would love to join this Linkshell with my character Vexlu Dhoro if you aren't full up.