Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Geostigma comes to Hydaelyn - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Geostigma comes to Hydaelyn (/showthread.php?tid=20348)

Geostigma comes to Hydaelyn - Khaine - 08-12-2017

[Image: tsTludK.jpg]

Geostigma comes to FFXIV

When someone is infected with Geostigma they contract foreign cells, and the immune system works to try and eliminate them. This fails to remove the cells, and the immune system overcompensates fighting an incurable contamination. Those infected with Geostigma experience debilitating weakness as their bodies devote energy to fighting off these foreign cells, and develop open sores on their body that secrete black ooze. Some sufferers experience hallucinations and seizures.

Although its severity varies from person to person. The disease is not contagious, but is believed to be so.

You may choose if you’d like your character to come down with the Geostigma, since it affects everyone differently you have free rein on how it will affect your particular character.

If you would like the stigma to effect an NPC ,Main, or alt that is part of your role play you may do so.

For those seeking combat you will find the following to combat as the story progresses, in the post below will be a posted timeline of what would be seen happening around Hydaelyn and what is common knowledge as things are uncovered.

The Enhanced: These will serve as roamers that can be found almost anywhere, these enhanced Hyur/Elezen/Roegadyn/Miqo'te/Lalafell/Auri have superhuman strength, speed and endurance. Most notable about the superhumans is that the pupils of the affected have changed into a feline slit.

Creatures: For an unknown reason organisms affected by the stigma often grow a single wing incapable of flight and the pupils of the affected can change into a feline slit, though the rest of the eye remains unchanged. This would turn these organisms into violent monsters.

Those seeking further involvement in the arc, to uncover the root of this mysterious illness that has befallen the realm, feel free to reach out to us.

This event presents a unique opportunity to bring the Balmung community closer, by having an event that has an impact on everyone, be it passing someone with Geostigma.

Please feel free to incorporate this into your RP as you see fit.

Event is open to all and begins August 20th

For questions to additional details, pm me here or message myself or Aegir on Discord

RE: Geostigma comes to Hydaelyn - Khaine - 08-12-2017

[Image: dkdlCGz.jpg]

RE: Geostigma comes to Hydaelyn - Khaine - 08-12-2017

~IC~

An illness is sweeping across the lands, from east to west. This illness has no preference, the strong, the weak, the young or the old. It first appears amongst the creatures of Hydaelyn. Making them more aggressive and in some cases it enlarges them, making them nearly numb to pain and more formidable than usual. These creatures secrete the black ooze from wounds inflicted.

~OOC~

This event is open to the entire server, this event is inspired by the events of Advent Children and Geostigma. The lifestream is being infected by some unknown source. It will be up to the server to find this threat and eliminate it before it's too late. There will be enemies, bosses, mystery. This event offers ways to bring the community together, because in this story we are all the heroes fighting a common threat that has no alliance. The world is in danger and the citizens of Balmung are its only hope. All are welcome to participate in any capacity, this will be an event that plays out over time this event is driven by the players, so it could take anywhere from a month to two months tops to fully play out.

Geostigma: Although its severity varies from person to person. The disease is not contagious, but is believed to be so. Details on cures and etc to come later.

The Enchanced: These enemies are open to your own interpretations. Make their abilities however you see fit.

The ill creatures: No is no creature or beastmen exampt from coming down with this illness. Some growing weak others growing strong. What's the difference? What will you uncover?

The first signs of this illness start August 20th, the time line will update as the illness spread and discoveries are made. Come one come all, together let us make this a historical event.

I'd be happy to facilitate this for other RP realms.

Any FC or Linkshells looking for a larger roles or events built around Geostigma. Reach out to myself or Aegir

Post any question, concerns or ideas below. Also feel free to reach out to me on Discord: Firecage#0529 or Aegir#5138

RE: Geostigma comes to Hydaelyn - Khaine - 08-13-2017

Rabid Creature: Attack on Hawthorne Hut, 8pm EST 8/21/17

RE: Geostigma comes to Hydaelyn - Khaine - 08-14-2017

Geostigma Discord Link: https://discord.gg/9u2WkB7

Feel free to join for up to date information and discussions.

RE: Geostigma comes to Hydaelyn - Khaine - 08-22-2017

Geostigma's Common Knowledge/Chain of Events

Day 1: Eorzean Alliance is attacked by a deranged Muud Suud, at Ala Ghiri.

Immortal Flames Officer Feco Boco
“Took nearly fifty plus to fall the beast, we lost a dozen good men and about another dozen severely injured.This Muud Suud’s was twice the normal size its skin was like armor, those attacks that would break through did not even phase it. I have never seen anything quite like it, perhaps another Garlean abomination. What was most weird is it dissolved before our very eyes into this puddle of black goo. We came back some bells later to clean up and found it was gone. No trace of it.”

Day 2: Twin Adders respond to an attack on Hawthorne Hut. The situation proving too much for the Wood Wailers and Twin Adders that they called out to the Adventurer's guild in Gridania in need of aid from anyone who would answer the call to arms.

Hawthorne sustained some damage. Fallen tents, broken merchant carts, fallen trees. Four confirmed Wood Wailers dead. Six Adders confirmed dead. 1 Adventurer. Fourteen injured.

Serpent Officer Esinne Kucaux.

“After responding to a call from the Wood Wailers of Hawthorne Hut about a giant wild boar attacking. We brought a dozen to respond. Upon arriving I knew we did not have enough to take this not with our numbers being so scarce with many off fighting for Ala Mhigo. I sent my squad in to lure the Boar from the Hawthorne, while I sent word to Gridania for adventurer’s that a call to arms was needed. Some passersby saw the destruction and came to aid. Some came by requests of the Adventurer's guild as well, even a noble free company Gold & Glory came. Ever am I grateful they did. Had I not seen this thing with my own two eyes I'd never have believed it.

These adventurers and local moogle, all fought valiantly, this boar would barely flinch at their attacks as they would carve away at it. It was bleeding like one would expect but also bleeding this thick black ichor. There was also some kind of crystal or something, I can't confirm as it exploded after the beast died. Let me not forget the part of the beast turning into a puddle of that black ichor, and the crystal turned the rain black killing much of the grass. I had never seen or felt the presence of this thing before.

We came back several bells later to clean up for the moogle and found the black ichor was hard and breaking down blowing away in the wind like dust or sand.”

Day 3: Northern Shroud Wood Wailer report. “There was massive explosion to the southwest of Fallgourd Float, it lit up the night sky like fireworks. These explosions lasted several minutes being heard as far east as Gridania, and when they did finally stop the sky went dark and lights that looked like stars would shine through but they were this red color it did not last very long, but a weird phenomenon nonetheless.”

RE: Geostigma comes to Hydaelyn - Aegir - 11-29-2017

Beyond the Wasteland @ (11/29) 9:30PM Est Nanawa Mines, Central Thanalan

- Calling all healers! The village of Nanawa has been striken with a mysterious illness. Patroling brass blades may warn you to stay away, but they need healers!