Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] Fleshing out my Xaela - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] Fleshing out my Xaela (/showthread.php?tid=20368)

Fleshing out my Xaela - Alan'ghoa Dotharl - 08-14-2017

I am working on fleshing out my Xaela Dotharl. I had figured out that she is a Warrior who is a mercenary looking for work. I want to flesh out her history so I was hoping for some help on Xaela lore and Dotharl lore in particular.

RE: Fleshing out my Xaela - Gegenji - 08-14-2017

If you want some solid Xaela and Dotharl lore, I highly recommend getting out to the Steppes in Stormblood if you can. There's an entire section of the MSQ (and accompanying sidequests) out there that are all about the Xaela, plus you dip by a camp of Dotharl during it as well. If you can't, hopefully someone will swing by with relevant quotes and the like... but in the meantime I'm going to generalize what I can remember from there.

The Dotharl, in particular, are a very warlike and aggressive tribe - but before SB shed some light on them, that just meant many Dotharl players just made them unnecessarily bloodthirsty and violent for no real reason. However, the MSQ managed to explain specifically why they're so very gungho.

And that is they believe in reincarnation. Specifically that if they perform grand enough deeds for the Dotharl tribe, they will be reborn not too long after their moment of glorious demise. Even people of other tribes could be reborn as a Dotharl if they did something important enough for them. That's why they're such an aggressive tribe; they have a sort of zealousness to them that is wrought from this belief. It's really kind of interesting and puts an unique twist on why they behave the way that they do.

As for Warrior, I do recall (though I have yet to do it myself) that the level 60-70 WAR quests actually touch on a Xaela who is a Warrior. Something about them basically falling into an uncontrollable rage (their Inner Beast, which they were unaware was controllable, I think?) and thus those that do often end up separated from their tribe since they're a threat to not just their enemies but to their own allies as well. Even with a tribe as aggressive as the Dotharl, I'm sure none of them would want to fall to the axe-edge of a tribe-mate.

Which could theoretically give a reason why your Dotharl Warrior is out and about, away from her tribe like she is. If you want to go that route, of course. There could be plenty of other reasons, that's just an idea that pops into mind thinking on what bits of lore I know offhand.

Hopefully, though, someone will follow up with something a bit more substantial than my remembrances and musings. Blush

Good luck with your character and happy RPing!

RE: Fleshing out my Xaela - Sounsyy - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 08:29 AM)Alanghoa Dotharl Wrote: I am working on fleshing out my Xaela Dotharl. I had figured out that she is a Warrior who is a mercenary looking for work. I want to flesh out her history so I was hoping for some help on Xaela lore and Dotharl lore in particular.

The Dotharl tribe of the Azim Steppe gets covered quite extensively in the Stormblood MSQ, so if you're really wanting to get the most info, I'd definitely recommend pushing to that zone and doing all of their side quests.

In short though, the Dotharl are a people who've earned a fearsome reputation as fierce warriors because they do not fear death. They do not fear death because they believe that if they die a good death, their soul will be reincarnated within a new baby born that year. The gender of the child does not matter. A soul can be reincarnated as a woman or man - but the name of their soul remains and is given to them by the tribe's Khatun. Despite the Dotharl's reputation, they are more accepting of outside clans than some of their kin - in that they believe that those souls belonging to other tribes can die honorably and be reborn among their tribe as Dotharl.

You can find out more lore in game or in the links below! Hope this helps! ^^

- Au Ra Lore
- Dotharl Tribe Lore
- Xaela Warrior Job and the Will of Karash

RE: Fleshing out my Xaela - Kieron Lohengrin - 08-14-2017

In addition to MSQs, you'll also want to complete all the Dotharl 65-67 sidequests in Azim. One of them involves breaking the cycle of reincarnation and "going back" to the mother goddess.

Show Content

RE: Fleshing out my Xaela - Alan'ghoa Dotharl - 09-15-2017

(08-14-2017, 08:59 AM)Thank you that information does help greatlySounsyy Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 08:29 AM)Alan Wrote: I am working on fleshing out my Xaela Dotharl. I had figured out that she is a Warrior who is a mercenary looking for work. I want to flesh out her history so I was hoping for some help on Xaela lore and Dotharl lore in particular.

The Dotharl tribe of the Azim Steppe gets covered quite extensively in the Stormblood MSQ, so if you're really wanting to get the most info, I'd definitely recommend pushing to that zone and doing all of their side quests.

In short though, the Dotharl are a people who've earned a fearsome reputation as fierce warriors because they do not fear death. They do not fear death because they believe that if they die a good death, their soul will be reincarnated within a new baby born that year. The gender of the child does not matter. A soul can be reincarnated as a woman or man - but the name of their soul remains and is given to them by the tribe's Khatun. Despite the Dotharl's reputation, they are more accepting of outside clans than some of their kin - in that they believe that those souls belonging to other tribes can die honorably and be reborn among their tribe as Dotharl.

You can find out more lore in game or in the links below! Hope this helps! ^^

- Au Ra Lore
- Dotharl Tribe Lore
- Xaela Warrior Job and the Will of Karash