Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! (/showthread.php?tid=20377)

Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - ScarletSamurai - 08-14-2017

EvilGage Ryugazaki Evil

Gage once was your average happy, and beautiful adolescent Doman girl, before everything in her life took a turn for the worse. Now she has completely forgotten some of her past, her hair has turned white, her eyes glow an eerie blue, and her skin has turned into something resembling a corpse.

WHY?

At the very young age of 8 years old Gage wandered into a mysterious temple-like cave. She was known for being overly curious and wandering to places she wasn't supposed to. This lead to practically the end of her life. Upon exploring this temple-like cave, Gage discovered a book tainted with black magic. It had symbols that glowed with a dark purple aura, and that was enticing to her! Gage picked up the book with her little frail hands, and opened it. Awakening a hellish being that would corrupt her forever. As Gage ran her little fingers across the pages, and against the words of the book, it would suddenly catch on fire. She was not supposed to be the one who touches that book afterall! Her hands would quickly catch on fire, and so would the rest of her body. She would fall to the ground, and lie there wondering if she should have listened to her parents more as everything became black. She wandered in limbo, thinking this must all be a dream. However, it was not a dream. Gage was dead, or was she? The funny thing about that book was, whoever opened it, would be tainted by the void. Gage's soul was sucked away, and replaced with darkness, and hell. She was no longer human (in a sense). She no longer knew what love felt like, or happiness, or even sorrow. She would awaken from the fire, seemingly alive, and would walk away. She would forget who her parents were, or where she lived. She did not wake afraid, or confused. Gage awoke like nothing happened, as if she was born this way. So she carried on, walking amongst those who could feel love, happiness, and sorrow. Up until this day, Gage has been void-touched, and strives to learn more about the enemy inside of her, and how to keep it under control.

Note-worthy mentions:

• Gage is not evil.
  • She is a black mage, but does not use it to harm, it is also kept a secret.
  • She is very morbid, and comes off creepy.
  • She likes to speak in riddles.
  • She will not mention that she is void-tainted.
  • She is a RAEN, even though in-game she is using a Xaela model.
  • She is Asexual.

Looking for:

• Roleplay connections with people that study alchemy, black magic, and the void. (Or anybody that wishes to RP with such a creep!)
  • Friendship! (Gage could really use a friend, she's pretty lonely.)
  • Enemies (Voidsents, People that kill for no good reason, Garleans, etc)
  • Events (Magic, Plots, Battles)

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - ScarletSamurai - 08-14-2017

Trying to figure out how to add an image of her, seemed to have messed up my post a little, please ignore the random codes.... -,-

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - ScarletSamurai - 08-15-2017

An imgur catalog of how she looks, since I can't figure out how to add an image to the regular post since bbcode isn't working. 

http://imgur.com/a/n45Ww

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - Seye Qhesu - 08-15-2017

Just wanted to give a few pointers. Just a heads up if you will....

There is no Doman language. It is just a different dialect. They don't speak Japanese or anything as such. It is common speak. Only race in othard that would have their own language is Xaela.

Void tainted would open her up to being found out by any player who practices conjury but also give you enemies of voidhunters so there are two more avenues for enemies there you could work with.

I suggest being careful when saying anything about black magic since it is forbidden. With her also tainted she may find issue trying to go through the Shroud. The elements may want to destroy her.

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - Kieron Lohengrin - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 12:03 AM)ScarletSamurai Wrote: An imgur catalog of how she looks, since I can't figure out how to add an image to the regular post since bbcode isn't working. 

http://imgur.com/a/n45Ww

the [img][/img] code tags are used for directlinking pictures

place your url in between the two tags and make sure it ends in the filetype, like .jpg or .gif

(08-15-2017, 12:26 AM)Rowena Everstone Wrote: Just wanted to give a few pointers. Just a heads up if you will....

There is no Doman language. It is just a different dialect. They don't speak Japanese or anything as such. It is common speak. Only race in othard that would have their own language is Xaela.

Void tainted would open her up to being found out by any player who practices conjury but also give you enemies of voidhunters so there are two more avenues for enemies there you could work with.

I suggest being careful when saying anything about black magic since it is forbidden. With her also tainted she may find issue trying to go through the Shroud. The elements may want to destroy her.
She will not mention anything about black magic, and if she does it will be in riddles. She will never mention herself being a Black Mage since it is outlawed. If she did tell somebody, they would have to be close to her. And you're correct about the voidhunters, she will embrace them with open arms aka ready to defend herself. And maybe a conjurer out there might want to help her Tongue.

I would also like to mention that I am looking for a RP Free Company that would be a good fit for Gage. Witches, Black Magic, Alchemy, Magic research, etc!!!TongueTongueTongue

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - Kilieit - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 12:26 AM)Rowena Everstone Wrote: There is no Doman language. It is just a different dialect. They don't speak Japanese or anything as such. It is common speak.

Untrue. Doman has its own script (clearly displayed in the game itself in multiple places during Stormblood), and the Doman culture developed on its own for thousands of years before being reintroduced to Western culture only about one generation ago.

It's not directly analogous to Japanese (that would be Hingan), but it's not an identical language to the one that Eorzean Hyur speak.

ETA: The place where the confusion comes in is that many Domans do speak [Eorzean] Hyuran Common. Younger ones (under 25 years) might even have been raised speaking it. That doesn't, however, mean that Doman as an independent language doesn't exist.

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - Stacesune - 08-15-2017

*Sits a big papa bear Hyurgadyn who is fairly good at ignoring the morbid and instead laughing his way through such, though may get slapped often for his naturally flirty tongue*

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - Seye Qhesu - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 11:31 AM)Kilieit Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 12:26 AM)Rowena Everstone Wrote: There is no Doman language. It is just a different dialect. They don't speak Japanese or anything as such. It is common speak.

Untrue. Doman has its own script (clearly displayed in the game itself in multiple places during Stormblood), and the Doman culture developed on its own for thousands of years before being reintroduced to Western culture only about one generation ago.

It's not directly analogous to Japanese (that would be Hingan), but it's not an identical language to the one that Eorzean Hyur speak.

ETA: The place where the confusion comes in is that many Domans do speak [Eorzean] Hyuran Common. Younger ones (under 25 years) might even have been raised speaking it. That doesn't, however, mean that Doman as an independent language doesn't exist.
The lore book states that they speak Eorzean. Written is a bit different. I am clarifying since people like to run around using Google translator and attempting to speak Japanese or throwing out random anime terms. Saying you speak Doman is not saying you read Doman. It is easier to just nip it in the bud then have people continue to spam kawaii desu all over the place.

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - Kilieit - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 12:50 PM)Rowena Everstone Wrote: The lore book states that they speak Eorzean. Written is a bit different. I am clarifying since people like to run around using Google translator and attempting to speak Japanese or throwing out random anime terms. Saying you speak Doman is not saying you read Doman. It is easier to just nip it in the bud then have people continue to spam kawaii desu all over the place.

Yes, most Raen Au Ra (simplified by the fanbase to imply Domans, since Raen naming conventions = Doman naming conventions) are stated in the lore book to speak the common tongue of the Hyur (colloquially/fanonically known as "Eorzean" - if it's ever referred to this way in canon, please feel free to inform me, but I don't recall it as being so). But as I suggested with my edit, "Domans speak the common tongue of the Hyur" and "Doman is its own independent language" are not mutually exclusive concepts. To suggest they are and to simplify the matter to "Doman isn't a language" doesn't help people get a clear picture of the lore.

You can encourage people to roleplay language barriers in ways that make sense without perpetuating incorrect ideas about the lore.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say on the matter, since this is a Making Connections thread and not a Character Workshop thread. OP, I hope you find what it is you're looking for; best of luck!

(08-15-2017, 12:10 PM)Stacesune Wrote: *Sits a big papa bear Hyurgadyn who is fairly good at ignoring the morbid and instead laughing his way through such, though may get slapped often for his naturally flirty tongue*
Gage does not understand flirting.. She is naive to a lot of stuff. She could use a good friend to teach her though, if you're interested. Smile

(08-15-2017, 03:18 PM)Kilieit Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 12:50 PM)Rowena Everstone Wrote: The lore book states that they speak Eorzean. Written is a bit different. I am clarifying since people like to run around using Google translator and attempting to speak Japanese or throwing out random anime terms. Saying you speak Doman is not saying you read Doman. It is easier to just nip it in the bud then have people continue to spam kawaii desu all over the place.

Yes, most Raen Au Ra (simplified by the fanbase to imply Domans, since Raen naming conventions = Doman naming conventions) are stated in the lore book to speak the common tongue of the Hyur (colloquially/fanonically known as "Eorzean" - if it's ever referred to this way in canon, please feel free to inform me, but I don't recall it as being so). But as I suggested with my edit, "Domans speak the common tongue of the Hyur" and "Doman is its own independent language" are not mutually exclusive concepts. To suggest they are and to simplify the matter to "Doman isn't a language" doesn't help people get a clear picture of the lore.

You can encourage people to roleplay language barriers in ways that make sense without perpetuating incorrect ideas about the lore.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say on the matter, since this is a Making Connections thread and not a Character Workshop thread. OP, I hope you find what it is you're looking for; best of luck!
I appreciate your help, and kindness. I am not here to be judged by my lack of lore knowledge, or mess ups with writing. I am just trying to find connections. Heart

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - Stacesune - 08-16-2017

(08-15-2017, 08:03 PM)ScarletSamurai Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 12:10 PM)Stacesune Wrote: *Sits a big papa bear Hyurgadyn who is fairly good at ignoring the morbid and instead laughing his way through such, though may get slapped often for his naturally flirty tongue*
Gage does not understand flirting.. She is naive to a lot of stuff. She could use a good friend to teach her though, if you're interested. Smile

Bring. It. On!

RE: Morbid / Creepy Au Ra LF Contacts! - Thunderbolt300 - 08-18-2017

Iiiiiiinteresting.

Gage is certainly welcome to run across Kasi sometime! She's a grey character herself, and can turn up just about anywhere as a roaming mercenary for any number of reasons. She could be a drinking partner as easily as a rival or even an enemy, depending on what you'd like. Regardless of how creepy Gage is, Kasi has her own quirks which range from maniacal laughing to outright battlefield bloodthirst, medium-rare steak supremacy, bread allergies and a few other things. She can get on with just about anyone, so it'd be interesting to see her and Gage encounter each other sometime. Let me know if any of this tickles! 

Regardless, best of luck out there on the search!