Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ask a character 3 questions! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Ask a character 3 questions! (/showthread.php?tid=20481)

Pages: 1 2

Ask a character 3 questions! - Lucius Ignatius - 09-01-2017

I thought of this the other day, thinking it might help people give their characters some depth, perhaps some questions asked may have not been something the creator of said character never thought of before. The questions can only be three or less in number, as to give others a chance to ask, and be answered.  Examples: "What is your favorite color, what is your favorite place to visit in Eorzea, what are your Eorzean political views?"

You can post your characters on a list, or just pick one main character if you like. The point of this thread is to pick at the creator's mind so they can better understand their character. It is preferred the questions to be asked OOC.

I'd like questions for me to be asked for my character Lucius Ignatius. He has a wiki, if anyone would like to look over it before asking.

If this thread has been created before, or in the wrong place, please feel free to close/move the thread, moderators~!

RE: Ask the character above you 3 questions! - Firefly - 09-01-2017

yo, wouldnt it work better if you ask the person below you?

because if i ask you 3 questions, and then you answer, we'll be stuck in a loop

RE: Ask the character above you 3 questions! - Warren Castille - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 02:13 PM)Firefly Wrote: yo, wouldnt it work better if you ask the person below you?

because if i ask you 3 questions, and then you answer, we'll be stuck in a loop

Nope. Too bad.

1) Your favorite food

2) Your favorite color

3) The war is over. What do you do for a living, as soldiers and adventurers are phased out?

RE: Ask the character above you 3 questions! - Firefly - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 02:24 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Too bad.

motherfucker

Quote:1) Your favorite food

2) Your favorite color

3) The war is over. What do you do for a living, as soldiers and adventurers are phased out?

1) Coconut anything.
2) Red.
3) Open a self-defense school. Run a gym. Or guard duty. Whichever is most practical at the time.

Questions for Warren:

1. Do you play an instrument?
ii] What is your favourite animal?
Three: Political power grows from the tip of a sword. Agree or disagree?

RE: Ask the character above you 3 questions! - Warren Castille - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 02:34 PM)Firefly Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 02:24 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Too bad.

motherfucker

Quote:1) Your favorite food

2) Your favorite color

1) Coconut anything.
2) Red.
3) Open a self-defense school. Run a gym. Or guard duty. Whichever is most practical at the time.

Questions for Warren:

1. Do you play an instrument?
ii] What is your favourite animal?
Three: Political power grows from the tip of a sword. Agree or disagree?

1) Warren does not play an instrument aside from the generic masturbation jokes. 1a) He wishes he could play a string instrument, possibly a violin.

2) Warren is partials to aldgoats and apkallu.

3) Political power grows opposite the tip of the sword. Those who can, will, so long as they do not get executed.

RE: Ask the character above you 3 questions! - Roen - 09-01-2017

I think y'all are in a loop EITHER way. o__O

How about just ask 3 questions to anyone participating in the thread?

Okay I will ask the OP 3 questions:

1) What were your childhood aspirations?
2) Favorite toy as a child?
3) Your character's current guilty pleasure.

RE: Ask the character above you 3 questions! - Lucius Ignatius - 09-01-2017

Rofl! @_@ Yeah, that doooes make sense. I derped. I started the thread before I went to bed, thats what I get. *dies*

But, three questions for anyone in the thread works better! I just wanted everyone to be able to get some questions asked/answered. XP

Quote:Posted by Roen - Today 03:21 PMI think y'all are in a loop EITHER way. o__O

1. To see the world, travel, and live a life away from Garlemald's influences and propaganda. I also had a dream to become a great engineer, like Cid Garlond, but I knew I'd never get that good.
2. It'd probably have to be a toy dragon carved out of wood that I was given by a slave friend. She was an Au Ra, from the eastern shores. I couldn't free her, but I tried my best when I could to give her decent food and water, before my father locked me in my room to work on things for him all the time.
3. I tend to like rather frilly dresses, and extravagant clothing when wearing something that is supposed to be 'formal'.

RE: Ask a character 3 questions! - Lucius Ignatius - 09-01-2017

Questions for Roen:

1. If you could choose to be any other race than what you were born as, what would you choose and why?

2. What  would your ideal life be like when you would retire from an adventurers status/settle down?

3. What do you hate more, Voidsent or Garleans?

Questions for Vilette Laurent:

1. If you were given an item of great power, so much so that it would rival the destruction of the Calamity, but you can use it for good (healing, curing any illness in Eorzea, etc)/bad (destruction, etc.), how would you use it/would you keep it hidden away, or use it on friends/enemies?

2. One super-power, and one super-weakness. What would they be?

3. What is your worst character trait?

Questions for Warren:

1. If you could save only one of the current city state leaders, who would it be and why?

2. If you could take a diplomatic approach to asking Bahamut/Nael van Darnus 'not' to cause the Calamity, what would you say to try and convince them?

3. Favorite dress code?

RE: Ask a character 3 questions! - Kieron Lohengrin - 09-02-2017

aren't these things usually ask the next person below you three questions to avoid loops

RE: Ask a character 3 questions! - Kaiverta - 09-02-2017

(09-01-2017, 03:21 PM)Roen Wrote: I think y'all are in a loop EITHER way. o__O

I like these questions. xD

1) Never had any.
2) Had katanas (real ones - warrior trained from an early age)
3) A married woman! (he's very honourable though so they haven't done anything xD)

I bounce them back at you, Roen!

RE: Ask a character 3 questions! - Firefly - 09-02-2017

(09-01-2017, 06:29 PM)Lucius Ignatius Wrote: Questions for Vilette Laurent:

1. If you were given an item of great power, so much so that it would rival the destruction of the Calamity, but you can use it for good (healing, curing any illness in Eorzea, etc)/bad (destruction, etc.), how would you use it/would you keep it hidden away, or use it on friends/enemies?

1. Bring back Spring to Coerthas
2. Super speed, and the ridiculous metabolism that'd come from it
3. Envy and pettiness

To the person's character below me:

1. Who is your role-model?
2. Describe your family's dynamic. Are you satisfied with it?
3. What is the greatest challenge you've had to face?

RE: Ask a character 3 questions! - Askier - 09-02-2017

(09-02-2017, 08:36 AM)Firefly Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 06:29 PM)Lucius Ignatius Wrote: Questions for Vilette Laurent:

1. Bring back Spring to Coerthas
2. Super speed, and the ridiculous metabolism that'd come from it
3. Envy and pettiness

To the person's character below me:

1. Who is your role-model?
2. Describe your family's dynamic. Are you satisfied with it?
3. What is the greatest challenge you've had to face?

Ooh fun. Let's seee, for Tray

1. "Other than myself. Let's see, totally have to be the old madam that runs my orphanage. Any lady who can raise six orphans and not drink is a damn hero. Actually maybe anyone with kids. Kids are bastards, especially orphans. Hehe"

2. "My dynamic. Well My mothers a scary lady and I haven't seen my tribe in years. As for me, my mate is dead and I'm trying to help raise six orphans so unique is probably the word I'd use."

3. "Probably faking my own death after gettting involved with Garleans, vigilanties, and Moniterists."

Questions for below:

1 If you could do something over again, what would it be?

2 How do you want to die?

3 What is your idea of a fabulous outfit?

RE: Ask a character 3 questions! - Taejin - 09-03-2017

(09-02-2017, 09:08 AM)undefined Wrote: 1 If you could do something over again, what would it be?

2 How do you want to die?

3 What is your idea of a fabulous outfit?

1. I would, uh... "outsource" another Imperial wreckage from somewhere in Gyr Abania.
Finally getting my hands on one of their Predator models, restoring it to full operation, really finding out what makes it TICK... Sorry, getting kind of excited.

2. Old.

3. SOLID GOLD GARLEAN ARMOR. Strange, yes, but I recall a rumor of the late Legatus van Baelsar subscribing to this particular style. Never took him for a man of fashion...

For the next:

1.What region would you like to spend the rest of you days in?

2.Who's your favorite Songbird?

3. If you could pick another discipline to train in (or plan to), what's next?