Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Hingashi "Clan Lord" Seeks Fresh Meat? ♥ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Hingashi "Clan Lord" Seeks Fresh Meat? ♥ (/showthread.php?tid=20482)

Hingashi "Clan Lord" Seeks Fresh Meat? ♥ - Akeno Asukai - 09-01-2017

Meet Akeno Asukai, the first-born daughter of Lord Yasuari and the "rightful heir" to the Asukai Clan mantle; or so she would have the world believe, but a woman cannot become a Clan Lord... can they?

As a Hingashi native, Akeno spends the vast majority of her time within Kugane (given that the rest of Hingashi isn't available in-game at the moment), sorting out the sordid details of her planned rise to power and observing the influx of Eorzean-born mercenaries into Hingashi lands. A bigot, raised on the belief that her bloodline is superior and that the mixing of races (Hingashi Au Ra and Hyur are excluded from this) is an abomination to one's lineage. 
          Raised on a number of traditions, there is one which truly unsettles the chocolate haired vixen: the first-born son is always Clan successor. Who in the hell designed such a silly rule, hm? It is the one tradition which vexes Akeno to no end and leaves her with a rather sour taste in her mouth. In fact, it is this rule which has brought the woman to Kugane and into the lives of Eorzean-born mercenaries, scholars and bounty-hunters. 
-  -  -  -  -
Unfortunately, such characters can pose quite the problem when attempting to fish up some walk-up RP from the local watering hole. Believe me, I've tried just about everything I can think of short of an uber-desperate search info line. So, I've come to you Coalition. ^^; Won't you help me find some more contacts for my "sweet", little Akeno? 

Now, you're probably asking yourself: Self, what in the world is this girl looking for? I've got an answer for that. In fact, I've got several! 
Akeno is a big picture kind of girl with end-game plans of overthrowing her younger brother and claiming what she believes is rightfully hers -- the mantle of Asukai Clan Lord. But how exactly does a girl get to such a place? With an army of course! That's right, Akeno has traveled to Kugane and accepted (much to her dismay) that she needs the blood of Eorzean men and women to fill ranks. 
          However, it's going to take more than numbers to overthrow Akeno's younger brother -- it's going to take power and that's precisely what she intends to gain. Tall tales about treasure-filled Canals and buried artifacts have indeed caught the woman's ear and what secrets lay out in the world, Akeno intends to find them and put them to "good use". 

You might be asking yourself: What does this all mean? And to that, I want to face palm and sob a little on the inside... kidding. Sort of. 
What this means is there's ample opportunity for long-term story-driven RP between you and me. ^^; Doesn't that sound awesome!? No? Well fine then... rude. 
          But seriously, Akeno is a somewhat flexible character as far as where she might be found. While yes, her majority is Kugane, she's also taken an interest in places such as the Grindstone and the Runestone; and while she hasn't made it to the frosty lands of Ishgard, she's heard stories of dragons and is quite interested in their bones. Don't ask.

You do not have to become a member of Akeno's FC to become a member of the Vanguard however, there are some events that will be FC-only. While you may be working on Akeno's dime, you aren't obligated to pledge yourself to her name or her Clan. ^^; 

I feel as if this is getting entirely too long. I apologize. 
In short: Akeno needs more activity. I cannot grow her story alone.

Question, comments and concerns can be directed to me via the following options:
*Private Message here on the Coalition.
*Private Message in-game on Akeno Asukai.
*Direct Message over Discord @KiraKitsune#8883