Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! (/showthread.php?tid=20595)

Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 09-15-2017

Greetings everyone!

I've been a bit of a lurker in these forums, simply watching posts come and go, so I figured I'd try my hand at my own! Given that I've returned from a semi-hiatus from FFXIV.

Update: A link to Grant's RPC! (https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Grant_Yaeger)

Overview
I'll describe here the general gist of my main character, Grant, as best I can as I am currently lacking a wiki page for him (note to self: must stop being lazy about it Tongue).

[Grant Yaeger - Balmung] Age: 33

My main character so to speak. Grant is a traveling and self proclaimed knight of the 'people' that seeks to protect innocents from injustices wherever they may occur within the realm. He strictly upholds a personal code, often being single minded in its fulfilment thus he often appears as stoic and standoff-ish to most, rarely speaking or initiating conversation unless talked to first. When he does speak however, he most certainly attempts to shift the conversation away from himself, and more towards any possible problem the current conversation partner may have.
[Image: Vtq5GoJ.jpg]
However it is quite clear that the man, despite his expression rarely changing or breaking is constantly alert and studying of his surroundings as though he is always on the look out for even the slightest trouble that may occur. Whenever he does enter into a conversation with someone, however, he is almost always certainly polite and impersonal, treating those he does not consider as threats as above himself and thus deserving of the utmost respect. In addition, when pressed, the man is quite frank about his motives and what he aims to do, though he may describe it in vague terms. From his gaze to his speech, it is clear that he is devoted to his ideals and so called 'duties' that he imposes upon himself yet at the same time it would seem that something else is also driving him to fulfil his ideals, a burning determination briefly seen in his eyes.Although formerly hesitant and unresponsive to most efforts that attempt to befriend him, recent events have caused him to appreciate the presence of others more and thus he has began to act somewhat more personably towards others though he still remains quiet and polite for the most part.
[Image: pQCXAxf.jpg]

Nevertheless, he does not hesitate in immediately moving to the defense of those he deems as 'innocent' and under attack, such as a random mugging of a traveler by bandits or a targetted assassination or murder of an individual. It matters not what the circumstances or the situation, should he see something he deems as 'injustice' he will immediately move to act. He is also very quick to offer to people services as a hired security, typically for free, citing it as his simple 'duty.' Overall he is a man that is dedicated to his duty as a protector of the defenseless, and thus should there be anyone in need, he will not hesitate to lend a hand to fulfill his mission: to ensure of future of hopes rather than despair.
[Image: zg0pMtt.jpg]

Currently Looking For:

Recent adventures have forced him to reevaluate his stance upon his duties as well as himself as such he has become more personable as well as more expressive about though he will appear for the most part to be quiet. In addition to his duties as a knight he now personally seeks a true 'hero,' someone whom he believes that could change the world without needing weapons or violence. He seeks to find that person and fight the battles for them that they should not.

He is also looking for any fellow knights whom are struggling or in need of guidance. He seeks to collaborate as well as guide others into the righteous path of protecting the innocent.

He is also looking for a squire. Someone of which he could pass on his blade as well as the skills needed to wield it in the name of others.

He is also looking for more friends and perhaps traveling companions to wander the world with so as to better understand the people he fights to protect as well as the world that they live in.

Some Disclaimers

I am -not- looking for.

ERP and Romance. Grant is very much devoted to a particular Xaela and thus I am not looking for any connections that lead to ERP or romance. Sorry!

RP out scenes that harm or otherwise inappropriate abuse minors. I am on board with most mature and adult themes however onscreen violence against children are something I would firmly prefer to avoid.

If any of these seem interesting to you please do feel free to message me here or add me on discord (Grant Yaeger#5713)

Thanks for reading! And I hope everyone has a pleasant and fun RP experience!

RE: [Balmung/Mateus(?)]Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 09-25-2017

Bump! Still looking for both characters!

RE: [Balmung/Mateus(?)]Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - Syranelle Ironleaf - 09-25-2017

I saw Grant out at the Ryuusei Tea Room this evening and he was a pretty solid roleplayer!  While I didn't get a chance to interact with him myself, his posts were still a pleasure to read.  Hopefully people pick up the opportunity to get to know him and roleplay with him some!

Smile  Welcome to Balmung, regardless, and I look forward to seeing you around!

RE: [Balmung/Mateus(?)]Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 09-25-2017

(09-25-2017, 01:51 AM)Syranelle Ironleaf Wrote: I saw Grant out at the Ryuusei Tea Room this evening and he was a pretty solid roleplayer!  While I didn't get a chance to interact with him myself, his posts were still a pleasure to read.  Hopefully people pick up the opportunity to get to know him and roleplay with him some!

Smile  Welcome to Balmung, regardless, and I look forward to seeing you around!
Thank you for the kind words! Syranelle was very interesting too Big Grin. Hope to see you around more events!

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - Charce - 09-25-2017

Did your discord change? Tryin' to add ya

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 09-25-2017

(09-25-2017, 10:17 PM)Charce Wrote: Did your discord change? Tryin' to add ya
Ah! I recently changed it to Grant Yaeger#5713 instead of the Nameless one if that's the one youv'e been trying. Sorry about the confusion!

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - Charce - 09-25-2017

(09-25-2017, 10:52 PM)TNSLowell Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 10:17 PM)Charce Wrote: Did your discord change? Tryin' to add ya
Ah! I recently changed it to Grant Yaeger#5713 instead of the Nameless one if that's the one youv'e been trying. Sorry about the confusion!
No problem.
I think that's the one I had and was like...completely writing it wrong :/

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 09-30-2017

Shameless bump. But made some major edits to the post in order to focus on one character for the time being. Second character might possibly be reintroduced in the future!

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 10-05-2017

Made some minor changes and cleaned things up. And also a BUMP!

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 10-18-2017

Do excuse the bump. Still looking and eager to get some more RP!

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 10-30-2017

Bump! Made some changes here and there to the description and pictures! Still looking!

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - maoilmhin - 10-31-2017

If he were looking at alternate sources of Gil, Grant could consider treasure hunting with the Reliquarian's Guild.

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 10-31-2017

(10-31-2017, 12:02 AM)maoilmhin Wrote: If he were looking at alternate sources of Gil, Grant could consider treasure hunting with the Reliquarian's Guild.

Definitely will consider it! Though currently he is looking more to assist others rather than make gil for himself. If he ran into one of the treasure hunters however. He would definitely help out should they ask!

RE: Looking for Connections/Jobs/IC links! - TNSLowell - 11-13-2017

Finally got to making Grant's RPC! Making another bump as well! Still looking and eager for more RP!