Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] OG Pharos Sirius - Best Dungeon? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] OG Pharos Sirius - Best Dungeon? (/showthread.php?tid=20625)

OG Pharos Sirius - Best Dungeon? - Yahdo - 09-21-2017

I can't be the only one missing the original difficulty the original PS gave when it first came out. It is still by far my favorite dungeon to come out since release. It was interesting location with interesting and challenging bosses. The Siren at the end just was crazy fun and now it feels like bosses in the dungeons are just way to dumbed down even to casual standards. I'm a casual myself honestly. 

Anyone else feel the same? What was/is is your favorite dungeon and why?

RE: OG Pharos Sirius - Best Dungeon? - Valence - 09-21-2017

Meridianum and Praetorium, but got to admit that the latter got very stale and tedious very fast after a while.

With speed runs though, it spoils everything out of the fun. I still have a lot of fun in Meridianum with jobs that can send nukes everywhere though...

But.

The real deal is running them min ilvl with cutscenes. That's something else.

Edit: well if we are speaking about raids, then all Coils blow everything else out of the picture for me.

RE: OG Pharos Sirius - Best Dungeon? - Teadrinker - 09-21-2017

Second Coil will always be important to me. Mainly because I'm just happy I went and did it and met the people I did.

RE: OG Pharos Sirius - Best Dungeon? - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-21-2017

I have a love/hate relationship with the original release Amdapor Keep and Wanderer's Palace.

Back when your AF1 gear was the best you could equip right at endgame. Back when Demon Wall easily wiped parties with DPS checks, bees/hornets, and paying attention checks. Back when a friendly tonberry hug meant dying and you had better kill those pudding adds in the right order.

I wasn't a very good player when 2.0 launched. I was actually kinda bad all through 2.0 and a fair amount of 2.1 before things started to click for me, so it was cool being gatekeeped on dungeons that tried to push me to do better.

I do think SE does a pretty good job of balancing new content to the average item level of players who will be experiencing it for the first time. But with better gear, that difficulty fades pretty fast into the mindless grind which is why I've lost the motivation to grind out content for the weekly gear. While the minimum item level challenges are a bit intense, it'd be cool to have like a "originally intended" sync that would scale gear down to the first-released feeling. ...but I wouldn't really expect anyone to default to that in the duty finder. Not when the 10 minute completion time speedrun is still a thing. And it makes sense when the goal is to just cap tomestones each week. It just makes the dungeons bland in the process because 2-3 options for 3 months gets tiring.