Hydaelyn Role-Players
Introduction: Suki Maibito - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Introduction: Suki Maibito (/showthread.php?tid=20645)

Introduction: Suki Maibito - Suki Maibito - 09-25-2017

Hello!  I've been in FFXIV now for a few weeks and I'm truly loving both the game play and the rich story as it evolves.  While new to this game, I'm an old time roleplayer, both tabletop, LARPing (usually one-shots at game cons), and collaborative storytelling.  I started with collaborative storytelling first in WoW of all places and then a friend introduced me to Second Life where I find an immensely rich RP community.  That said, I'm excited to come to FFXIV and weave a brand new story with like minded RPers.

My style tends to reflect the style of those around me.  I can be a full on paraRPer, or I can keep it short.  I generally follow a post order unless it's a massive crowd in which case I adapt to a mini post order with whomever is nearest and engaged with my character.  I have a firm grasp of the divide between IC and OOC, am absolutely averse to powergaming or metagaming and keep my primary goal as "take the path of most fun".  I love helping other characters develop and I love growing my own.  I love writing overarching stories that involve groups, background arcs, even the world itself.  Pretty much, I love immersive writing and story of any kind Smile

I've been pretty reclusive so far as I'm trying to suss out the RP etiquette here in FFXIV.  I enjoy many sets and settings, including mature themes so long as they fit the story and keeping in mind the IC / OOC divide.

I look forward to hopefully RPing with folks along the way of working through the main quest line Smile  I want to learn your stories.  I wrote a detailed bio on the RPC Wiki which can be read here:

https://tinyurl.com/yarbmols

Thank you so much for providing this forum.

RE: Introduction: Suki Maibito - Taranis Mor'rioghain - 09-25-2017

that was quite the bio story for a character to read, i rather enjoyed it Smile I have many ideas in my head, pieces of a puzzle really that im sorting together to form my own story. Your's was rather inspiring as much as it was a joy to read. I look forwards to perhaps reading more of your characters adventures! Also, though i myself am still quite new here, welcome to the RPC! I see you've chosen mateus server, that is the best place for RPer's to be currently in my personal opinion based off of what i've read about.

RE: Introduction: Suki Maibito - Parvacake - 09-26-2017

Welcome to the forums! \o/

RE: Introduction: Suki Maibito - Zhauric - 09-27-2017

Greetings and welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing you around.

RE: Introduction: Suki Maibito - Shady Individual - 09-29-2017

Welcome to the RPC! Big Grin
Sounds like you're ready for a good time, RP-wise! You're all ready and rarring to go, and I have no doubts you'll be able to find some splendid RP over in Mateus! Wishing you the best from Balmung on your RP experience over there, and may Suki find what it is the Spinner has planned for her yet! Thumbsup

RE: Introduction: Suki Maibito - PSDuckie - 09-29-2017

(09-25-2017, 03:43 AM)Suki Maibito Wrote: Hello!  I've been in FFXIV now for a few weeks and I'm truly loving both the game play and the rich story as it evolves.  While new to this game, I'm an old time roleplayer, both tabletop, LARPing (usually one-shots at game cons), and collaborative storytelling.  I started with collaborative storytelling first in WoW of all places and then a friend introduced me to Second Life where I find an immensely rich RP community.  That said, I'm excited to come to FFXIV and weave a brand new story with like minded RPers.

My style tends to reflect the style of those around me.  I can be a full on paraRPer, or I can keep it short.  I generally follow a post order unless it's a massive crowd in which case I adapt to a mini post order with whomever is nearest and engaged with my character.  I have a firm grasp of the divide between IC and OOC, am absolutely averse to powergaming or metagaming and keep my primary goal as "take the path of most fun".  I love helping other characters develop and I love growing my own.  I love writing overarching stories that involve groups, background arcs, even the world itself.  Pretty much, I love immersive writing and story of any kind Smile

I've been pretty reclusive so far as I'm trying to suss out the RP etiquette here in FFXIV.  I enjoy many sets and settings, including mature themes so long as they fit the story and keeping in mind the IC / OOC divide.

I look forward to hopefully RPing with folks along the way of working through the main quest line Smile  I want to learn your stories.  I wrote a detailed bio on the RPC Wiki which can be read here:

https://tinyurl.com/yarbmols

Thank you so much for providing this forum.

It looks like our RP styles are quite similar.  I'd definitely be interested in having Tyll meet Suki!