Hydaelyn Role-Players
To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: To everyone gunning for Shirogane (/showthread.php?tid=20715)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Charce - 10-11-2017

I got my medium house at 206 in queue on a PS4. 
It really is all about luck (though I heard some PC people were using log in scripts?) >.<
I gave my alt's FC mansion away to my FC since they didn't get their house, so it all worked out.

Honestly, the more I think about it I'm not sure what SE can do.
I held on to a mansion because I couldn't sell it back to the server and didn't want to sell it to a player and risk getting in trouble (Plus I didn't care for the gil). They have a system that's like...once you have it, you have it. The timers are down too. But they can't just take everyone's housing away either. I don't think it's really about SE ignoring people. At this point in the game, I think there's little they can do except maybe change the way housing can be relinquished and limiting how many one person can have.

Hopefully next time will be your chance!
Also, just a note...when the timer goes back up, wait 45 days and see what happens. Last time they shut the timer down and it went back up, a bunch of houses were freed up. So that will be another chance.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Nebbs - 10-11-2017

SE could do something, but they won't, except simply extending the problem. At this stage I don't think you can blame those grabbing housing as the system is working as intended. The problem lies in that intention.

Best to just ignore housing as there is only pain and disappointment there, and enjoy the rest of the game as there are some nice parts to it Smile

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Silmanos - 10-11-2017

There was apparently a GM post on the French forums in response to a petition they started there. According to the post they are passing all the threads onto Yoshi with the highest priority and ask a bit of patience so they can give an official response with more details.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Oroban - 10-11-2017

Haha, someone on reddit supposedly has sold a large plot on Excalibur for 1.1 billion gil. That's just insane. Ah well.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Silmanos - 10-11-2017

Meanwhile on the Japanese Data Center there is a player selling plots for real money. He's selling a small for something like $500-$600.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Aya - 10-11-2017

Love goes out to all of you frustrated and upset! I hope they're able to find a solution to the lack of housing in general on these servers. I wish I could be more helpful than that...!

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Nero - 10-11-2017

At the very least, the outcry of having every house on almost every semi-populated server (although I think even the low-pop ones had a lot sold out) hopefully compels them to change the housing system to something more substantial.

Since they don't have the server space for infinite wards, they really should just change to an instanced system.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Kilieit - 10-11-2017

For the curious, and since I saw someone in Balmung's Novice Network claiming that Shirogane apartments sold out inside of 30 minutes (they didn't - I logged on about 5 hours later and got Kobai Goten #30 no problem), here are the Kobai Goten buildings with apartments remaining:

Show Content

If I hate myself I'll go over the other areas in a bit. But the main point: apartments did not, by any means, sell out 30 minutes after the patch. Maybe in Ward 1...

EDIT because I do hate myself, apparently. Caveat that these will change very quickly and are mostly provided for the purposes of expressing that, no, not All The Apartments On Balmung Are Gone.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

TL;DR There are definitely free apartments. Most of them are in subdivisions; reminder both that subdivisions have their own separate apartment buildings, and that you can check the status of that building upon zone-in by clicking this:
[Image: 942f26b21d.jpg]
and looking to see if it has a red tick on it:
(red tick, building is full)
[Image: 9a99eef0b4.jpg]
(no red tick, building has free apartments)
[Image: 46722c0d06.jpg]

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Mermaid - 10-12-2017

Well, apparently we're getting more wards in 4.2. Not quite a fix to the overall problem but it's something, I guess?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/348376-In-Regard-to-Housing-in-Patch-4.1

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Nebbs - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 04:23 AM)Mermaid Wrote: Well, apparently we're getting more wards in 4.2. Not quite a fix to the overall problem but it's something, I guess?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/348376-In-Regard-to-Housing-in-Patch-4.1

More salt or maybe relief 

At least the Game of Housing continues.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Teadrinker - 10-12-2017

We can't see the server architecture obviously but I'm convinced without some sort of massive hardware addition they're going to have problems and players will want for space or get gated behind error messages.

I was getting the zoning error message today trying to get into a house. However SE has all this configured (and believe me, I don't know) it obviously can only handle SO many instanced spaces. See: Unable to load into houses/apts, Raubahn Savage, etc.

I agree adding instanced housing is likely the only solution. It pains me that not everyone will have access to the outside of the houses and how beautiful the wards can be but unless they want to bleed money in server resources this is likely the ONLY solution. Either way, they're looking at dumping some serious money into additional resources to begin with since loading into instances is already an issue.

Just slapping up more wards is like putting a strip of gauze on a gushing wound. At this point it's not a fix as much as it is adding frustration to the players. The entirety of the system needs an overhaul because, as is, it's destroying the community Yoshi said he wanted servers to have.

(10-12-2017, 05:11 AM)Teadrinker Wrote: Just slapping up more wards is like putting a strip of gauze on a gushing wound. At this point it's not a fix as much as it is adding frustration to the players. The entirety of the system needs an overhaul because, as is, it's destroying the community Yoshi said he wanted servers to have.

A lot of their solutions to things amount to applying band aids to leaks until too much water has flooded out and they have to actually fix it. I think this particular band aid might appease smaller servers, who by then will probably have seen some houses being sold by players or reclaimed, but Balmung and other high pop servers are just going to see another blood bath. If their servers are as bad as they seem to be they're going to run out of band aids for the housing problem soon.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Kieran - 10-12-2017

I didn't even try to get a house on Balmung as I didn't want to give up my apartment and end up with nothing.

On Mateus however, I was able to snag a medium plot, was number 39 in that queue.  Large and Medium houses went as fast there as I'm hearing they did here.  This took my FC by surprise because we had hoped Mateus would be a bit slower in the land grab and we'd be able to get a large FC house.

Housing is something I have wanted for years as well and just had to settle with an apartment.  Even got the plot I wanted which makes it all the sweeter. Cool

(10-12-2017, 09:59 AM)Kieran Wrote: I didn't even try to get a house on Balmung as I didn't want to give up my apartment and end up with nothing.

You wouldn't have had to give up your apartment. You can have an apartment, a house, and private chambers at a FC all at the same time

(10-12-2017, 09:59 AM)Kieran Wrote: On Mateus however, I was able to snag a medium plot, was number 39 in that queue. Large and Medium houses went as fast there as I'm hearing they did here. This took my FC by surprise because we had hoped Mateus would be a bit slower in the land grab and we'd be able to get a large FC house.

This is what I was hoping for on Jenova, where I play with my friends, and we had the same problem. It's easily smaller than Mateus with all the RPers going there now. I was like 400 in queue or something though so who knows how fast those larges actually went.

RE: To everyone gunning for Shirogane - Zhavi - 10-12-2017

Heh heh, I still am betting I won't get one, but the effort is appreciated. I'm more interested in seeing how they choose to 'fix' the issue -- most notably, whether or not they'll restrict how many houses people can own, or what they'll do to lessen the impact of scalpers.