Hydaelyn Role-Players
Xaela - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Xaela (/showthread.php?tid=20742)

Xaela - RaenRain - 10-15-2017

I'm ashamed to say this is my second thread in a row but I just recently switched to a Xaela and I am COMPLETELY lost in what I should draw from for her new backstory because she's a dark horned lady now.

RE: Xaela - Teadrinker - 10-15-2017

I'd take a step back and ask why you chose Xaela. Is there something in their lore that intrigued you in the MSQ? Did you like a tribe? The Stepps were pretty awesome.

Once you've got that figured out you basically have the beginnings of a concept that can start to form and take shape.

RE: Xaela - RaenRain - 10-15-2017

After readings a bot into their lore and such, I really got into the aspect of them being farmers but also warriors and nomads and I don't know but that really grasped me if that makes sense ??

RE: Xaela - Arashin Kujqai - 10-16-2017

(10-15-2017, 02:02 PM)RaenRain Wrote: After readings a bot into their lore and such, I really got into the aspect of them being farmers but also warriors and nomads and I don't know but that really grasped me if that makes sense ??
If you haven't made it to the Azim Steppe in stormblood, you're in for a fun treat. They're essentially Mongolian inspired and have a lot more lore to them than just being farmers/warriors. Overall, nothing's stopping you from having a civilized Xaela just as you would any other race. At the same time, the oppurtunity to be a tribal Xaela is definitely more popular given what stormblood has brought in terms of immersion. I strongly advise continuing the MSQ, talking to NPC's and maybe even doing a few quests in the Steppe when you get there. You're still free to write a Xaela just about however you want; but as far as tribal cultures go, the Steppe is an excellent source to view first hand if you meant to go that route.

RE: Xaela - RaenRain - 10-16-2017

(10-16-2017, 05:50 AM)Arashin Kujqai Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 02:02 PM)RaenRain Wrote: After readings a bot into their lore and such, I really got into the aspect of them being farmers but also warriors and nomads and I don't know but that really grasped me if that makes sense ??
If you haven't made it to the Azim Steppe in stormblood, you're in for a fun treat. They're essentially Mongolian inspired and have a lot more lore to them than just being farmers/warriors. Overall, nothing's stopping you from having a civilized Xaela just as you would any other race. At the same time, the oppurtunity to be a tribal Xaela is definitely more popular given what stormblood has brought in terms of immersion. I strongly advise continuing the MSQ, talking to NPC's and maybe even doing a few quests in the Steppe when you get there. You're still free to write a Xaela just about however you want; but as far as tribal cultures go, the Steppe is an excellent source to view first hand if you meant to go that route.
I just went through the MSQ as fast as I could so I should probably go back and finish side quests, I watched the Nadaam scene and that's about it sadly. Thanks for the tip!