Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Mateus] Zen Ares - Updated 11/22/17 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Mateus] Zen Ares - Updated 11/22/17 (/showthread.php?tid=20786)

Zen Ares - Updated 11/22/17 - Zen Ares - 10-19-2017

[Image: wTxXSuJ.png]

Zen Ares

Physical Description: Faded green eyes cast about the old ruin, showing signs of searage upon the cracked soapstone. Horror reflected in her visage with the unbidden image of sandy-hued tresses doused with dirt-caked blood pooled across the ruin. Giving her head a little shake, thoughts dislodged, and her silken long tresses flowed over tawny shoulders. Straightening, shoulders squared as she came to her full height, profiling delicately chiseled features, marked by her parentage. Supple fingers traveled across her mid-section, shaking, with her mind's eye focused on the past, dragging a sphere of metal out of her skin. With a shudder, fingertips glided across raised scar tissue and a sigh of relief escaped her. Turning, and with careful steps, the lissome line of her back disappeared from view.     

Psychological: To the casual viewer, Zen gives off the air of being open and friendly, and often becomes enraptured while watching others. Always polite, attentive, and rarely encroaches on another's personal space, unless she knows them well. 

Below the surface is another matter: Part of her personality is kept locked away tight. While she has many acquaintances, and of those who call her friend, she sets a higher bar of entry for those she lets in. She moves through a sea of sentient beings, casting acquaintanceship-nets wide, searching for deeper connections, as one ravenous would search for food. An ambivert in nature, she embraces social activities. However, there is always a price to pay for indulgence and she will disappear for a day or two at a time to recharge.   
"I have to be alone very often. 
I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday morning until
Monday morning alone in my apartment. 
That's how I refuel." ~ Audrey Hepburn

[youtube]ii1ys4bO7P0[/youtube]

OOC: 
Playtimes: Mountain time zone, U.S.A.; GMT -6 
On OOC communication: This character is operated on implied consent since she is not antagonistic (at least not at this stage). As long as an action makes sense to the setting and subject matter being  RPd, it's all good to me. Zen is a dynamic character and her psychological aspect can change depending on how profound her interactions and experiences with others are.  
RP philosophy: Seeking friends that share an accommodating RP style for maximum collaborative fun and value RP over gameplay. (Gameplay's fun, too! RP gets priority.) IC / OOC separation is important and have a strong preference for RPing character knowledge between scenes IC, rather than taking short-cuts with OOC. My style preference is for character-building RP over adventure RP, but don't partially DM'd adventure RP. I'm not much of an OOC plotter, preferring to leave plots development to organic character interaction, utilizing both the Snowball and Butterfly Effects. Lore is important and I view it as the foundation that makes it easy to RP with others on, which cuts down on the need for OOC chatter during RP, thus cultivating further immersion. 

RE: Zen Ares - PSDuckie - 10-19-2017

I had a lot of fun last time the two of us RPd together.  I'd like to continue that!