Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ever Forward - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Ever Forward (/showthread.php?tid=20833)

Ever Forward - Kisa Treani - 10-27-2017

She sat at her desk, tapping a pen against the steel surfaceas she looked over the file she was reviewing, Her focus completely on the data as she read, losing track of time as she often did in the short hours of the night… or the morning… often she didn’t really make the distinction.

It had been a week since that night on the beach… threesince Dani had disappeared. As time went on she was feeling more herself again. She had made a few changes to herself and it made her feel whole once more. So much she had done for her starlight but as the days passed she knew that she had to prepare herself for…

She stopped and just set the file down on the desk givingoff a sigh as she leaned back in her chair. Closing her eyes a moment she just sat quietly in her office. This late at night it was rare to have a patient enter but still she remained open. Eorzea needed a place it could turn to even in the dead of night when sickness or injury struck.

“A place to turn to…” She said quietly to herself as shejust set the pen down and spun around in her chair like a child would. The thought of it gave her pause. She had put so much of herself out there for so many. Every patient that walked through her door was her greatest concern but… who did she have to turn to?

In truth… her friends had remained by her side and she knewin the end they would never leave her… though as that thought entered her head that dark voice began to speak to her once more. She had not heard it since that night she made a decision before her two closest friends… to reclaim who and what she was, but here it was once more.

She shook her head bidding it to quiet. Too much time had passed;she had fought too hard to allow those dark whispers to creep back into her life. She had decided that no matter what, the time had come to turn away from the darkness. She opened her eyes and looked at the set of wine glasses that sat on the cabinet nearby.

It was not that she herself was a drinker… far from it.These… these were a gift for her sister. To replace the one she had destroyed when for the briefest moment she had allowed the darkness to win. She had allowed the darkness to take hold of her and in doing so… darkness flowed from her.

She looked at her hand now and sighed shaking her head. Sheremembered that day vividly… Chloe had asked her back to her place to relax and try to calm herself. Chloe wasn’t like Elyeria… not like Dani was… but still, she thought her real sister would have liked the tall blonde that she had accepted as her new sister. This thought brought another pause to the pink haired Midlander as she thought back on her family.

“Eleryia… what I wouldn’t give to have you here by my side…helping me make sense of all of this…” She asked to the empty room, speaking tothe sister that had long since been one with the Twelve. She shook her head and stood, walking over to the cabinet and pulling out the resources to make herself a cup of tea as her eyes caught the wine glasses once more and her thoughts returned to that day.

Chloe was trying to help her… trying to bring calm to herbreaking heart but all she saw was the fire. She watched the flames leap and dance as she just let all sorts of thoughts stew in her mind. She thought about all the mistakes she had made, all the times she had failed… but then as it is wanton to do… sorrow turned to anger.

Chloe walked over and held out a glass of wine to her, butstill the fire danced in her eyes. She went from considering the mistakes to questioning why… so many questions remained upon her heart and in that moment the voices screamed… and she listened.

She punched the fireplace and turned to glare at Chloe andthen the wine glass. She was not angry at her sister… far from it. But anger had taken hold of her heart and as she looked at that glass and soon that anger manifested. The wine burst into flames and then the glass shattered, pieces falling to the ground. Chloe’s gloves had prevented her from receiving any serious injury and the power was too weak to do much more then burn away the wine but still…

She looked at her hands once more and sighed, shaking herhead. Conjury was not supposed to touch the aspect of fire… that was better left to practitioners of darker arts but here she was… calling upon her own anger to set the wine alight. As those pink eyes settled upon the shards of glass upon the floor she realized that something had to change…

Being so lost in memories, she was almost on autopilotbarely having noticed that she had completed the ritual of tea making. The whistle of the teapot broke her from her thoughts and she looked at it tilting her head. How much time had passed… what felt like seconds to her had apparently been minutes.

She shook her head, pulling a teacup from the cabinet andpouring some the tea she had apparently made into it before returning to her desk. She sat there holding the teacup in her hands pondering… everything. It was a lot to think about but that is what her mind did… thought. She was a thinker and a lot of times it got her in trouble as she allowed thoughts in her head that took her down dark paths.

But not this time however. As she sat in her overstuffedchair, just turning the teacup softly in her hands, her thoughts turned… forward. Images of her friends came into her mind and as they always did, brought a smile to her lips as she finally sipped from that tea. After a moment she took a breath and closed her eyes once more.

“Another week… another month… time passes…” She said softlyto herself. She knew no one would hear nor was she looking for a response. More she was giving herself assurance that despite all that had happened time did in fact move forward. Opening her eyes she looked at the teacup.

“You always liked your tea with honey in it…” A smile restedupon her lips as she spoke of her heart and soul. Dani was many things but a true tea drinker was not one of them. Dani always enjoyed the sweetness that life had to offer… it was her spark, her spirit. The pink haired woman leaned back in her chair once more and sighed.

“The clock ticks… ever forward…” She says to herself beforesetting the tea cup down upon her desk and standing. She walked to her window and looked out over the stars. The stars were always wonderful to her… beacons of the Twelve shining brightly upon Hydaelyn. She took a breath… the stars always brought energy to her and often that energy was expressed in words…

As my eyes look upon the starlit sky
In them I wish, I dream that I could fly
As my hand reaches out to the heavens above
In my soul, in my heart forever beating with love

The light shines brightly with the beauty on high
I sing these words hoping that you can hear my cry
Moments passing into the stream of stars
My notes hearkening back to a time that was ours

Hand in hand, heart to heart we moved towards the day
Whereas one we would stand and in love fly away
But as the clock continues its path towards the night
I look into the heavens, hoping, praying that I might seeyour light

Moment after moment my heart reaches out
Lyric after lyric my song given into a shout
My hope shall forever spring anew
That one day, one moment it will reach you

Time ever flowing does not wait
Each moment brings another question of fate
Because of you my heart stands with unfurled wing
Each day I smile at what the sun shall bring

Though for you my heart will always beat
The promise of a new day is what I shall rise to meet
A piece of you shall always fly with me
In the stars above shall our love always be

Time moves forward and so doth my sight
As the sun raises so does my heart set to flight
A place you shall always have my dearest starlight
I shall always see your beautiful smile in my dreams atnight

As my eyes onto a new world turn
Within my heart doth a new energy burn
For forward is where I must go
The woman you helped create to all I will show

Forever shall you stand by my side
Forever shall you be my joy and pride
But now the time has come for me to fly on my own
To show this world… to show myself how much I have grown

It is because of you that I can see
I shall never forget the gifts you have given me
As I move forever forward into this place
I shall allow my heart to shine with grace

As she finished the poem she placed her hand upon the glassas the stars twinkled brightly in the distance sky. She took a breath and smiled; just looking upon their light she gave a nod. Pulling her hand away, she turned from the window and returned to her desk looking at the open file upon it. She gave a small chuckle and shook her head.

“Odd that as I give a patient a new beginning, I decide thatperhaps the time has come for me to consider giving myself the same…” Shecaught a glimpse of the twinkle upon her finger and looked at that tiny band of platinum that had been given to her months before. She held her hand out before her, looking upon it, for but a fleeting moment her resolved wavered but quickly she regained herself.

“You… would have wanted me to not lose hope… to not losemyself…” She said closing her hand. For now the ring would remain but new pathsopened for her each day with the rising sun and no longer would she avoid the chances the light of day brought her…  once again her wings were unfurled… the timehad come to see how high she could fly…