Hydaelyn Role-Players
White Auracite Question - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: White Auracite Question (/showthread.php?tid=20842)

White Auracite Question - FloppyDingo - 10-29-2017

Just a quick question: Where does one -get-, white auracite in the world? Other than Rabanastre, obviously. Are there any known locations one could get ahold of such a substance?

RE: White Auracite Question - Sounsyy - 10-29-2017

(10-29-2017, 01:58 AM)FloppyDingo Wrote: Just a quick question: Where does one -get-, white auracite in the world? Other than Rabanastre, obviously. Are there any known locations one could get ahold of such a substance?

Considering it was a subject of study for the Students of Baldesion prior to their obliteration, I would assume Sharlayan is your next best bet.

Minfilia Wrote:Also, as many of you are already aware, [Moenbryda] has been overseeing our research into white auracite - a sample of which she has been good enough to bring with her.

Though the crystals are incredibly rare. It's also not fully expressed what the difference is between white auracite and the auracite found in Rabanastre, or even that of the auracite found in the 13th Shard which fell to Darkness and became the Void.

Alma Wrote:When not touring, my father would organize expeditions into the Dalmasca Desert to search for proof of Ivalice's existence. Sometimes he would bring back strange artifacts, ancient tomes...and crystals. Crystals unlike any others. My father called them auracite and claimed they were vital to proving his theories. This is one such crystal.
Cid Wrote:Ivalician legend tells of crystals bequeathed by the gods unto those who would be kings. It is during his quest to gather auracite that young Delita rises to prominence.
Unukalhai Wrote:Though Sounsyy knew not that I spoke of my homeland, I have explained to her before the cause of its ruin. A magick was devised to contain a defeated primal's might within a stone known as “auracite.” And the energies which bled from this imperfect vessel gradually corrupted the champions who wielded it.

White auracite can contain untold amounts of aether for a very short duration. The 13th Shard auracite captured primals, yet their essences leaked from the crystal over time and corrupted the Warriors of Light there. But the "Ivalician" auracite does something a little different: absorbing the host's soul, altering it, and then returning it to the host.

Cid Wrote:...So, if I understand correctly, you're saying auracite does not work to facilitate the possession of a living host by an eikon, as was assumed to be the case with Ysayle and the archbishop... but rather absorbs the host's aether─its very soul─and somehow transforms it before returning it to the host's body. If that is the case, our Sharlayan allies will need to be informed immediately.

Alma Wrote:My father would often tell us how the auracite “spoke” to him. At the time, we assumed he was speaking figuratively─that the stones' beauty roused his muse. But then he began to act strangely... Following our arrival here in Hingashi, my father spent most of his time cloistered in his chambers, poring over his past research. And though he was alone, we could oft hear him in conversation. It was as if he was talking to my mother─my mother who passed several winters gone.
Lina Mewrilah Wrote:Might this not have been out of mere loneliness? Or perhaps the strain of your flight from Garlemald?
Alma Wrote:Possibly... But that would not explain the voices which answered him.

Hope this helps!