Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) (/showthread.php?tid=2086)

Pages: 1 2

Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Mtoto Wamoto - 06-05-2013

Show Content

---

Not a bell after, Baderon had sent out one of his retainers to scout for idle adventures with the promise of gil and treasure should they take up the offer. Standing in the middle of the Octant, the slender Seawolf woman looked about as men and women of all races and creeds crossed the plaza between the Chocobo Stables and the Market Alleys.

She muttered to herself something to the extent of “Damn that bloody Baderon...” before cupping her hands around her mouth and calling out in hopes someone would pause to listen.

“Adventurer’s of Eorzea! The Adventurer’s Guild of Limsa Lominsa is seeking able men and women to assist in the recovery of a lost vessel! As a reward for your services, the Guild is paying the hefty sum of twenty thousand gil to any group that can return the vessel and its cargo back to the docks of Limsa before the morrow’s dawn! Those wishing to undertake this request are asked to head to the Zephyr Gate within a bell’s time and speak to Alecfort and Javeant!”

----

OOC:

Please note that this RP is the test RP session which will be using the system as outlined in my other thread. Please do not post unless you are one of the testers who volunteered.

The following characters are set for this RP.
  • Xenedra
  • Kannadi
  • Tyonis
  • Caysen
  • Fearless
  • Remi
  • Myllor

Show Content

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Varus - 06-07-2013

Tyonis rubbed his ears irately; he was standing right next to the female Roegadyn just as she began bellowing her pitch. After the initial desire to punch the woman in the face passed, he listened to her repeat the quest a number of times, tapping his chin thoughtfully. Since coming to Limsa, the swordsman made ends-meet by hunting down the wide variety of scum that clung to the city’s lower decks. But the pay was bad and the fights were even worse.

At the very least, this job promised a great sum. With that much money, he could afford the company of fine wine and finer women. Convinced, Tyonis made his way to Zephyr Gate – and with a quick spin and flourish, pilfered a bright Faerie Apple from the food basket of a passerby who stopped to gawk at one of the prettier entertainers that littered the Octant.

His trip to the Gates reflected his current situation: boring and uneventful. He half-expected the Yellow Jackets to chase him down the decks for stealing in broad daylight, but it appeared his thievery was too good for his own good.

"Years of living as a street rat in Ul’dah are paying off in spades," he thought whimsically.

Since he arrived early, Tyonis had nothing to do but wait, so he sat in a comfortable corner, drew his utility knife, and began carving a pair of dancers into the stolen apple while whistling the melody line of a waltz popular among Ul'dah's aristocracy.

Show Content

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Kannadi - 06-07-2013

The waltz melody picked up a second source: a practiced hum, precise in its timing as a clock.

Kannadi approached with typically perfect poise, carrying the tune as well as her posture. She stepped into the shade of the gate not far from the stranger with the apple, only stopping the tune where it stopped itself.

"One of the more tolerable waltzes, if I had to judge them. Though they all look better in person than in the skin of a stolen apple."

She paused exactly long enough to emphasize herself.

"Here for the assignment, sir, or just the shade?"

Show Content

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Fearless - 06-08-2013

Fearless was strolling along some pier, he adjusted the tinted-goggles he wore to shade his eyes from the bright sun, when he heard an announcement of what sounded like a job opportunity.  He wasn't able to hear the request clearly over a group of lalafels arguing about who caught the most fish this morning.  So he followed the voice back to the crier and listened to the full request.

He thought about the current situation, his business with the Blacksmith's Guild was over and his family did need him back at the ranch to help with breaking in the new birds they got.  Finding some lost ship and her cargo could be long and boring but the reward wouldn't be that good if it was some dinky traders boat. 
The chance of adventure and excitement was too tempting for him to pass up.  The family will just have to make do without him for awhile longer. 

Fearless ran back to the inn he was staying at, changed into some more appropriate adventuring clothes, grabbed the rest of his belongings, paid for his room then headed off to the meeting place.

He swung his axe onto his left shoulder for better comfort as he made his way towards the gate.  As he got closer, he noticed a pair of hyurs waiting at the gate.  He walked to a spot close to the pair, placed his axe down head first and rested his hands on the butt of the shaft before he leaned his shoulder against a wall.

He has to tilt his head down a bit to look at the pair.  He greeted them, smiling at the pretty female hyur. "Yo! You two here for the recovery job too?"

Show Content

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Varus - 06-08-2013

Tyonis raised a brow at the woman as she approached the Gate. Not many people in this backwater knew of Ul’dah’s finer forms of entertainment, much less the specific song he was whistling. When she loomed over him, the swordsman immediately recognized her aristocratic bearing. If her knowledge of fine music wasn't enough, her perfect poise and extraordinarily fine clothing were. There was no attempt to hide her up-bringing. Or perhaps she wasn't even aware of her stately habits.

He was surprised that she knew about the stolen apple - it meant either her eyes were sharper than most or that his skills in subversion were waning. 

"Probably a mix of both," he thought idly. But he did not outwardly confirm or deny the woman's observation. With practiced grace, the swordsman switched his grip on the dagger and carved out a large chunk of it and shoveled the piece into his mouth.

“Dunno what you’re talking about.” He finally replied, chewing visibly. Tyonis leaned back and began to close his eyes, thinking the conversation would end there, but after an embellished pose, she addressed him again. Instead of replying to her inquiry, the swordsman cleaved off another piece of the apple and gave her a dull, annoyed look that said: “Of course I am.”

Tyonis’ salvation came in the form of a Roegadyn whom he recognized but could not name. He turned his head toward the newcomer, with hope that the woman’s interest would be redirected.

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Mtoto Wamoto - 06-10-2013

OOC:

As it's been nearly a week now since the start of this thread and only 3 of the people of who volunteered have responded, I'm going to go ahead and give the okay for those 3 to continue on with the progression of the RP. Kanna, Fear, and Tyonis, please feel free to post your next posts so we may move this RP session along Smile

Everyone else who has volunteered may still take part, your characters will just have to play catch-up or come in at a different point.

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Kannadi - 06-10-2013

"Good, good."

The roegadyn approached. Kannadi nodded to him.

"Yes, it seems that way. The work sounded promising. I'm not as well-versed on the local monster populations as I should be, so with any luck there will be several already at this... vessel. Aurelias, perhaps."

She removed her hat and dipped her head to the men.

"But I'm forgetting myself. Kannadi Albedo, of Ul'dah. A pleasure to meet you."

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Varus - 06-10-2013

Tyonis failed to suppress a gag when the woman introduced herself.

“Albedo – that explains everything,” he muttered. Tyonis knew her history through his studies of Ul'dah's noble houses during his short lifetime as the Magstrom heir. Kannadi was Albedo's only child and daughter, a family who held a Syndicate seat for three decades, and a product of the Lahar, an old lineage with roots in Ul’dah’s famous textile industry.

He recalled when the Albedo announced her birth. Such news spread quickly among Ul’dah’s people because many noble families saw the birth as a way to gain entrance into the wealthy house. In truth, the rules of succession were more pliable than many realized, but the news still spread like wildfire as every nobleman worth a lick of salt attempted to arrange a marriage proposal with the Albedo's patriarch and matron.

Apparently none of them stuck, Tyonis thought with a wry grin. The Silver Giant was known to be a hardass, even after stepping down from the Syndicate. He briefly wondered if his father attempted to fix Valen and Kannadi together. They are about the same age, he mused inwardly.

After Kannadi’s introduction, Tyonis slowly rose to his full height, just a little over six feet. He took one final bite of the apple before tossing the core over the side of the railing and into the ocean below.

“Name’s Tyonis,” he said curtly, while replacing his knife. “Hobbies include dancing and killing people.” He added with an afterthought.

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Fearless - 06-10-2013

Fearless pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against and moved his goggles up to his forehead.  

"I think we'll only have to worry about the local beastmen and pirates."  he said.

He wiped his hand on his pants before extending it out in greeting. "I am Fearless Wynn but most just call me Wynn."

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Kannadi - 06-10-2013

Kannadi exhaled through her nose.

Her name explained everything, did it? Glorious. Twelve know what the everything is. And to what extent the explanation reached. Familiarity? No, none, never saw him before, not even at the parties -- unless he was among the help at one of them? Possible. Tangential social proximity. Would explain knowing the tune. Hmm.

"Yes... I'm sure it does," she said. Her diction was so precise she could pronounce an ellipsis.

She heard their names, and nodded to each.

"Mister Tyonis, Mister Wynn. Hopefully we'll be joined by others in short order. Three seems too small a group for something like this."

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Varus - 06-10-2013

At Kannadi’s statement, Tyonis chimed in.

“If the vessel isn’t run –a–ground, the three of us can sail her back to port,” the swordsman explained. 

“You can chart the course and steer the ship,” he pointed at Kannadi, “while the Roegadyn and I rig the sails. Shouldn’t be too difficult if the ship’s the size of a caravel or a small carrack.”

His last sentence was more speculative than informative.

Tyonis turned his head as he heard the floorboards creak to wordlessly announce the arrival of two more…

OOC:

Since we are continuing this plot without the others, I wrote in an opening for Mtoto to introduce the NPCs who offered the job.

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Fearless - 06-11-2013

Fearless held his hand out and waited and waited some more.  Not until after they had introduced themselves and time go by did he retract his hand to his side.

Try to be polite and nothing he thought pulling his goggles back over his eyes and resuming his position against the wall.

"Depending on the size of the vessel we could handle it but I don't think we will be the only ones going.  I'm pretty sure the owner of the ship wouldn't leave complete strangers alone with his property.  I know I wouldn't." he nodded to himself.

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Xenedra - 06-11-2013

"I apologize for my lateness, you lot~" came the sing-song lilt of one, Xenedra Ambreaus. "You can't imagine how difficult it can be to run off a handsy drunk when you're closing a bar without breaking a nose or some-such..." she trailed off as she took notice of each face. "Or maybe you can," she groused in a MOSTLY teasing greeting when her eyes landed on Tyonis. She nodded to him and then Fearless in turn, the second gesture coming across as much more respectful.

The third face brought a look of impish delight to Xenedra's features, "Kannadi~! Always a pleasure to see you, of course."

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Kannadi - 06-11-2013

Kannadi smiled, glad for the more familiar face, but with a polite cough returned to her regular composure.

"Likewise, Miss Xenedra." She paused. "Closing a bar, you said? Then I suspect your business is doing well. Limsans drink like fish."

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Varus - 06-12-2013

Tyonis offered the red-headed Miqo'te a curt wave in reply to her greeting. When the two women began socializing, the swordsman leaned back on the wall, arms folded. In an effort to stem his boredom, he counted each wave as they lapped against one of the many pillars of rock that supported the city above the ocean.