Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) (/showthread.php?tid=2086)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Xenedra - 06-12-2013

Wistfully, solemnly, she sighs. "The bar wasn't meant to be the important part... Bu~t I suppose I can't complain, since I didn't lose the place in the time I was gone." Another nearly soundless step found her within arms reach of Kannadi, but neither of the other two.

"What mischief have you been up to? -And don't try and give me that serious act~ Unless you've, in fact, be SO bad you'd rather not share in front of strangers..." She sets an arm across her chest to support the elbow of the set of fingers tapping her chin in oh-so-(not at all)-serious contemplation.

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Kannadi - 06-12-2013

Kannadi politely closed her eyes and inclined her head.

"Now now, I deliberately chose to de-emphasize the drunkard as a matter of..."

When she opened them again, Xenedra was suddenly much closer.

"Er, comfort."

She cleared her throat. As she spoke, she hooked her pinky finger into her collar and adjusted it for air.

"Act? You wound me. I'll have you know I've been in perpetual study of local... fauna...." Her eyes sought an escape and landed on the roegadyn of the party.

"So! Mister Wynn, was it? I presume you're a sailor?"

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Fearless - 06-12-2013

Fearless turned his head towards the newcomer and nodded to her respectfully.

"Me? A sailor? Oh no Miss, I'm a rancher.  I help raise and train chocobos over near The Shroud.  Though I do kinda know how to sail a tiny fishing boat.  Read how in a book."

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Kannadi - 06-13-2013

Kannadi whipped out her journal and a pencil, glad for the distraction.

"Really! A man of productivity and learning both. Always good to see."

She flipped pages in a practiced hurry.

"I've always been interested in animal husbandry, but I've contented myself with study. I've a chocobo myself back home, but I didn't pay his fare this time." She came to a page and started scribbling shorthand. "With what breeds do you work? Rounseys? Coursers?"

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Fearless - 06-14-2013

Taking a slight shock at being complimented and her knowledge, he straighten himself to answer.

"Well, we raise all kinds but most of our birds are used for personal transport or wagon hauling.  The Wynn birds a bred to have more endurance than your average one but we do get the occasional bird that would make a fine racer."  He said that with a sense of pride in it.  "The ranch also makes bardings and other chocobo equipment.  We have a good size herd of cattle that we maintain for the areas meat supply too."

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Xenedra - 06-17-2013

"Husbandry, eh?" Xenedra cocks a brow at Kannadi, a smirk pulling tightly up at one corner of her mouth. "Looks like you're out of practice in avoiding my snide comments, after all. I'll show mercy until you're up to speed again~"

She swings a leg about behind her to turn and gives the docks another once over. "Is it really only us?" Dropping her cheek to her shoulder, she looks back at the group and asks, "Have you met our employers yet?"

RE: Seadogs and Fishbacks (Non-canon RP) - Kannadi - 06-17-2013

Kannadi declined to look up as she committed Mr. Wynn's commentary to her journal.

"I haven't met them, no. I assumed that they would come in their own time, and that in the interim I might discover something of interest. Which I have."

She clapped her journal shut and stowed it in the recesses of her robe.

"Alec-something and Javeant were their names, if I recall correctly, but it isn't as though men wear their names above their heads."