Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) (/showthread.php?tid=2099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Kusumura - 06-29-2013

Well, I know I'll definitely be looking for a mentor, that can pull double duty IC and OOC! Might take an especially open-minded one to answer strange, odd, "... So, they're like vampires?/So, they're like plants?/So, you mean to tell me those plants are doing each other right now in front of everyone, by way of pollen?.. Huh. I can make something of that!" check out ze page below! ;-D.

Kusumura's Profile!

Or, you know. I could blindfold someone and take them to my dunge- to my room of fun, where there's no handcuffs or anything involved! What? That's crazy talk! There are no handcuffs, don't be silly! Why would there be handcuffs? You want a pair of dragon's balls? Why woul- OH, of course we have ze dragonballs! Jah, jah, sure!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Sienna - 06-29-2013

I shall now be caring over wee Nova!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Low-Z - 06-29-2013

It sounds sheepish and stupid, but I wouldn't mind working with a mentor. I'm basically looking to be a drug-dealing miqo'te guy that's charismatic but kind of no-nonsense. I don't know if this appeals to any of the mentors in particular or not, and I've RPed before, so most of what I really need to know is related to the lore - what kinds of 'drugs' are available, and how I best can skirt around "the law" and such. If this sounds like your thing, I guess let me know or PM me. I'm open to thoughts n stuff.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - V'sato - 06-30-2013

This is terribly helpful for me. FF14 will be my second MMO ever and my first try at RPing ever. In fact just inquiring about this will be a major step for me. I'm quite shy about starting new things like this you see. Blush

But please I would be honored if someone would help me along!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - AkhutaiAngura - 06-30-2013

I don't know if this is still in effect.. I think it is, cause there're mentors with no mentees, and the thread isn't locked.

I'd be willing to mentor as well.. I like to consider myself very adept in the ways of the RP. I'm a legacy player, though I lost my account info and my authenticator.. And can't access my legacy account.. >.> But, all that aside.

I'm in my mid 20's. I've been gaming since I was.. 10ish. PC games since about 14 or so, starting back in the AOL days. Remember this one online, web-based game that had people throwing little blue balls of magic, and it was all PvP. But, I digress.

I've RPed in WoW, Tabula Rasa, The Old Republic, Guildwars, Guildwars 2, Hellgate: London, Age of Conan, and various mud's/mucks (Text based RP engines. Major oldschool.)  

I find myself to be a little jaded in my experience these days.. I don't like terrible grammar in a game where text is the primary medium of communication. I don't like overly 'silly' RP, or overly 'dramatic' stuff. Find a happy middleground, make it fun and interesting without being annoying.

.... I don't know what I'm supposed to be putting here, so I'm rambling. Uhhhhhh.... Yeah. >.> If you want to talk, toss me a PM. I don't know how often I'll check the forums before open beta/launch, and the PM will email me.

Yes. ^.^ Hopefully I don't scare you newer folk off.

EDIT: Oh. It occured to me, I should mention Kaln. The character in front of the player.

He's an Elezen Pugilist. He hits things with his hands, and enjoys it. He's not.. Mean, perse, he just enjoys a good fight. He enjoys putting ones body to the test, pushing it, and improving. He's quiet, is not a fan of large cities, and.. I'd put him in the chaotic-good/neutral area. I've got another friend coming over, Loc Talon, who will be starting up a Linkshell that was around back in 1.0, The Midnight Covenant. I'll probably join up with him, and Kaln will have a backstory that inbeds himself into that particular LS. Again, PM me if you're curious/interested/have tips about posting an ad that doesn't sound like mine... ^.~ Enjoy, folks.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Eva - 06-30-2013

I was highly interested in Loc Talon's group - The Midnight Covenant - back in 1.0. I will be again, I think. Back then it was geared as a sort of "duskwight-only" group, but I don't know if that's still the aim. Regardless, I'll be keeping an ear to the ground one way or the other!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Nhyra - 06-30-2013

Heya, thought I'd update my status in this. Gerik paired me with Aysun, but our time zones clash really bad.

So, I'd be looking for a mentor who can stand a total newbie in terms of rp. I could use some tips with fine-tuning my character and writing replies. My online times vary between 03:00-17:00 EST, 10:00-00:00 GMT +2.

And since I didn't do any kind of introduction in my last post...
I'm a 21 years old finnish girl, working in a job with both morning and evening shifts. When not at work I really enjoy drawing, games, planning anything rp and seeking out new stuff to try. My interests tends to fall after two weeks of solely dedicating my time to them, which can be a pain. FF XIV has stuck though which I'm happy about. Maybe it would improve my skill with English. For others I might come out shy, but I do like new people and socializing T_T.
My skype is caramelpanda @ hotmail.com, for the fastest reply.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Mtoto Wamoto - 06-30-2013

(06-30-2013, 05:07 AM)Nhyra Wrote: Heya, thought I'd update my status in this. Gerik paired me with Aysun, but our time zones clash really bad.

So, I'd be looking for a mentor who can stand a total newbie in terms of rp. I could use some tips with fine-tuning my character and writing replies. My online times vary between 03:00-17:00 EST, 10:00-00:00 GMT +2.

I'm a 21 years old finnish girl, working in a job with both morning and evening shifts. When not at work I really enjoy drawing, games, planning anything rp and seeking out new stuff to try. My interests tends to fall after two weeks of solely dedicating my time to them, which can be a pain. FF XIV has stuck though which I'm happy about. Maybe it would improve my skill with English. For others I might come out shy, but I do like new people and socializing T_T.

Hey Nyhra! I work Graveyard shifts at my job through the week so I'm on typically always between 11pm - 6am PST...so 2am - 9am EST. if you'd like, I wouldn't mind helping you out.

Also Gerik, V'sato has asked that I be his mentor and I've happily accepted. Smile

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Nhyra - 06-30-2013

(06-30-2013, 06:25 AM)Mtoto Wamoto Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 05:07 AM)Nhyra Wrote: Heya, thought I'd update my status in this. Gerik paired me with Aysun, but our time zones clash really bad.

Hey Nyhra! I work Graveyard shifts at my job through the week so I'm on typically always between 11pm - 6am PST...so 2am - 9am EST. if you'd like, I wouldn't mind helping you out.

Sure thing, help is always appreciatedHeart You can add my skype, unless you have other preferred means of contact.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Aysun - 06-30-2013

I was actually thinking of posting something about this yesterday! I hope you can touch base more easily with your new mentor! Smile  Sorry our timezones didn't work out! Feel free to send me a PM any time still.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - AkhutaiAngura - 06-30-2013

(06-30-2013, 04:48 AM)Eva Wrote: I was highly interested in Loc Talon's group - The Midnight Covenant - back in 1.0.  I will be again, I think.  Back then it was geared as a sort of "duskwight-only" group, but I don't know if that's still the aim.  Regardless, I'll be keeping an ear to the ground one way or the other!

Aha! Excellent. I'm glad to see there are people that remember it, and might still be interested. I need to talk to him again, and remind him that the site here is still active, so he can hop back in and get to work. He was trying to get in game during the beta weekend, but didn't start downloading the client and such untill saturday night.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - VibrantWhirlwind - 06-30-2013

I could definitely use a mentor for roleplaying mechanics and story. I feel a bit shy and rusty when it comes to roleplaying. It seems like a combination of writer's block, and just overall fear that I don't fully understand the the FFXIV lore enough to create a really compelling character.

I use to roleplay on FFXI, and had a really expanded Elvaan Paladin character, but I feel like it's time to start fresh and would love some guidance!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Valan - 06-30-2013

I didn't write here because i was (and I still am) undecided about what I want/need for an enjoyable RP experience.

I don't know if i need a mentor who help me in the early steps to overcome my shyness, my lazyness, my inexperience and the language barrier or I need only a proof reader for wiki, journal and similar stuff.
maybe a veteran roleplayer can help me? Huh

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Xenedra - 06-30-2013

Hey Mentees! I tried to go through and update the list of people who still needed mentors, but I know a lot of you contact your mentors through PMs, so I'm thinking it's probably not entirely accurate. Please let me know who has a mentor and who they are so I can update the list. Also let me know if I missed you in my scanning of who needed one!

And finally! Don't be afraid to pick a mentor! We're here because we want to help, so if someone stands out to you, ask them!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Kyatai - 07-01-2013

Ok so based on my needs (aka lore and getting introduced to the community, as I'm horrible at meeting people (RL introvert makes it VERY hard- even IG which is digital RL- haha- tho not really on forums, where I seem to type a LOT *coughs*):

I humbly ask: Yssen
Thinking seriously of rolling a Duskwright monk and.. her story could legitimately coincide with yours such that it wouldn't be OOC to speak to him IC. I'm still working on it... really need that CC Benchmark *sighs*
But... it was the OOC RP info that sold me- I agree with all of it and it made me smile. (the IC info was great too... hehe)