Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) (/showthread.php?tid=2099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Observant - 06-07-2013

This looks like a lot of fun actually! I've been text-rping in forums and games a little bit but have never gone past that to actually creating a wiki for my character nor tracking his development over many years.

It'd be awesome if someone could guide me, especially since my character come 2.0 will be a youngling who wasn't old enough to understand what was going on 5 years ago.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Shuck - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 03:06 AM)Observant Wrote: This looks like a lot of fun actually! I've been text-rping in forums and games a little bit but have never gone past that to actually creating a wiki for my character nor tracking his development over many years.

It'd be awesome if someone could guide me, especially since my character come 2.0 will be a youngling who wasn't old enough to understand what was going on 5 years ago.

"Someone", you say? Well, congratulations. Non-specific requests for help tend to be my domain. You're mine, now.

(06-06-2013, 02:27 PM)Moonfire Wrote: I would love to have a mentor. i am a total final fantasy newb. Blush

Gerik- You are amazing, great idea!

Fuck it, you too.

We are gonna get your everything hammered right out, come hell, high water, or crazy mouth tornado from the stars. (That's an Azathoth joke.)

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Merri - 06-07-2013

I suppose I could throw my hat into the ring for this.

I'm Merri. I've been with the RPC since well before XIV's original run had launched. Stuck through the game for the most part (Save for the rare occasional break here and there. Never going over a few weeks.) IRL, I'm nothing terribly exciting. 22 years old, recently moved halfway across the US to live in a house full of fellow XIV-obsessed nerds. Unemployed at the moment, which is very exhilarating.  /cough

In-character
Show Content

In-game
Show Content

Naturally, I'm going to be busy with quite a few things come the launch of ARR, but even during 1.0 I did my best to make time to help out anyone who asked. I plan to carry over that mindset to 2.0.

So, if anyone feels courageous enough, grab my tail and hold on tight. It'l be a wild ride for sure.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Observant - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 03:53 AM)Shuck Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 03:06 AM)Observant Wrote: ~

"Someone", you say? Well, congratulations. Non-specific requests for help tend to be my domain. You're mine, now.

(06-06-2013, 02:27 PM)Moonfire Wrote: ~

Fuck it, you too.

We are gonna get your everything hammered right out, come hell, high water, or crazy mouth tornado from the stars. (That's an Azathoth joke.)

I have a feeling this will be the start of a wonderful curse.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Moonfire - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 03:53 AM)Shuck Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 02:27 PM)Moonfire Wrote: I would love to have a mentor. i am a total final fantasy newb. Blush

Gerik- You are amazing, great idea!

Fuck it, you too.

Perfect! Thank you!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - faceman7381 - 06-07-2013

I will mentor anyone as need be as I offered to do so in the server thread as well.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Sienna - 06-07-2013

Updated my initial post/info blurb since other cool kats were doing so. o7

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Magellan - 06-07-2013

You know, in the interest of making friends... it would be cool if several of us mentors and mentees met up in game as an OOC meet n greet, maybe get some lore questions answered, and have a few practice rp dry runs.

Who knows, maybe we could even create a mentor based LS to kind of organize this happy little project Smile

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Cornet Espoir - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 11:39 AM)Magellan Wrote: You know, in the interest of making friends... it would be cool if several of us mentors and mentees met up in game as an OOC meet n greet, maybe get some lore questions answered, and have a few practice rp dry runs.

Who knows, maybe we could even create a mentor based LS to kind of organize this happy little project Smile
That sounds like a lot of fun ^_^

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Magellan - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 02:31 PM)Cornet Espoir Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 11:39 AM)Magellan Wrote: You know, in the interest of making friends... it would be cool if several of us mentors and mentees met up in game as an OOC meet n greet, maybe get some lore questions answered, and have a few practice rp dry runs.

Omg... chrono cross is my fav game of all time Big Grin love that siggy

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Orlog - 06-07-2013

(06-06-2013, 05:38 PM)Shuck Wrote: Issac will work to make you civilized people for

As.

Long.

As.

It.

Takes.

Shuck has been/is my mentor in all game and RP scenes.

(06-07-2013, 05:11 AM)Observant Wrote: I have a feeling this will be the start of a wonderful curse.

Aahaha!

...You have no idea.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - sugarfrosted - 06-07-2013

Sounds like a great idea. How can I say no to help when I have no real rp experience. This should help me get used to things quick and proper.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Cornet Espoir - 06-08-2013

(06-07-2013, 03:23 PM)Magellan Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 02:31 PM)Cornet Espoir Wrote:

Omg... chrono cross is my fav game of all time Big Grin love that siggy
Yeah I love the game too especially the music haha.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Uther - 06-08-2013

(06-06-2013, 05:38 PM)Shuck Wrote: This is a good idea. Throw my name in the hat for mentoring. Hell, throw me in for a hand full of 'em. I will teach the goddamned class from now, until forever.

^ Listen to this man.

It feels weird to give someone a glowing recommendation when I've never actually RP'd with them, but literally any time I've had a question about RP since I joined the forum he's the guy I've gone to. Whether it's lore, advice on how my character would fit into the world, or just basic feedback on an idea.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Myal - 06-16-2013

This is a great idea! I feel like I have much to learn still about role-playing. Please sign me up as a mentee.