Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) (/showthread.php?tid=2099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Ellie - 06-26-2013

Just wanted to leave a short note for the mentees; please don't be shy about picking a mentor. I don't want to see anyone who posts in this thread be forgotten. If you're not picky about who you get, be sure to let us know, that way the mentors know to extend their hand. Smile

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Xenedra - 06-26-2013

Who's late to the party? It's me! But! I thought I'd finally throw me name in here now that I have some LS stuff handled and I'm all settled in back home :D

Yo yo! I'm Xenedra here on the forums, as well as in game, though I may play with an alt from time to time. The wiki for my dear main character Xene is here. I have a degree in computer art, as well as fine art, and I'm currently being a lazy house-wife as well as a freelance character designer/graphic artist. You can see some of my art here if you're interested :3.

My first MMO was Ultima Online, though I definitely never RP'd in it. I used to do all my RP exclusively on yahoo message boards... which I don't think exist anymore : P. That's an indicator of how long I've been RPing, maybe? Either way, I don't want to admit how long it's been! Many years after UO I played Final Fantasy XI. RP'd in that as well, for about 6 years, until XIV came out, then I swapped to that. In the interim between 1.0 and 2.0 I played Guild War 2, Aion, Ragnarok Online 2, and Tera... I pretty much NEED 2.0 release liiike yesterday. My main classes in 1.0 were bard, black mage, and monk.

I'm involved in probably too many linkshells, but since I don't have a 9-5 job it hasn't been to difficult to keep up. I help as a sort of second in Blue Skies, from which I plan to get my adventuring fix, I run/help run Intermission, the OOC hub linkshell, and I'm the boss over at Soliloquy, the performing arts LS and tavern. I'm also involved in the FFXIV podcast over on Gamer Escape, Aetheryte Radio.

I'm reeeeally excited to see all the new faces and open to helping out anyone who needs it :). Drop me a PM or leave a post here if you're interested :>

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Asyria - 06-26-2013

*waves*

Hey, i's 31 years old me, with my 17-ish years of RP experience in a dozen pen&paper rpg's, a dozen of mmo's and a handful of LARPs!

But, prepare for a shock...
I'm actually looking for a mentor!

Let me explain. For the past few years, I've been through a lot, and have been staying away from RP on a large scale. And by large scale I mean anything over 3-4 participants. And usually, RP's have been just me and a friend.

Lately, I started playing pen&paper with a few friends and a few of -their- friends, for a totel of like 8 people or so. My first longterm RP experience with strangers in years. And it wasn't very deep RP either cause so many players, and we had to keep things moving, etc.

So yeah, I'm RUSTY.
I know the theory for the most part but the practice, in a large scale setting with strangers while playing a mmo... that still kind of eludes me, it's been too long. I'm in SWTOR, people are RPing and I'm like.... okayface... and I move along.

I figure I could use a hand getting back into it.

Might seem like a daunting task (like getting Rocky back in shape after his retirement or something Tongue), but I promise I'm fun. Usually. ^^;

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Kassandra Dawn - 06-26-2013

(06-25-2013, 11:56 PM)Desphiria Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 11:24 PM)Kassandra Dawn Wrote: I still need mentees if anyone needs a mentor. Big Grin

HAI! *Wave waves* I think the only thing I need help with most is the bio. I haven't gotten in game yet so I'm not in the complete... O0O OH SHIT WHAT DO I DO?! Mode then get all shy and stuff and be all quiet. I'm not sure if there's others stuff I need help with yet though. There might be stuff I didn't even know I needed help with.

Awesome! Glad to help! You can PM with any questions/thoughts you might have while I'm at work and I'll do my best to help out!

*Edit*

Also updated my original post with some info in case anyone else still needs a mentor.

Would be so nice if we could like our info posts to our names in Gerik's original post.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Kyatai - 06-26-2013

Hello everyone Smile

New to FF, experienced RPer.
Basically, I'd like a mentor to help me weed through the culture/lore and... when I eventually get IG.. hopefully help me integrate?

And thanks for being so welcoming to the new people that will be joining you 'Legacies'. Smile

Oh lastly... I've not received a Beta key yet, but my friend is in Beta and says that Phase 4 will be "Open" so... I should get in *eventually* before launch.

I don't know enough right now to ask a specific person to mentor me... and, I'm kinda shy... haha... so anyway. If anyone is interested, most of my info is on the intro thread...

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Martiallais - 06-26-2013

Given the info and questions I have as a potential mentee person, I'd like to tag Gospel as a potential mentor person to help with my lore/world questions, if that's cool.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Koko - 06-26-2013

I'd be more than happy to be the manatee to a mentor so we can hold hands and have a merry symbiotic relationship of fun and giggles.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Nova - 06-26-2013

**edited**

Would love a mentor to bounce some ideas off of.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Gospel Gestalt - 06-26-2013

(06-26-2013, 09:52 AM)Zarek Wrote: Given the info and questions I have as a potential mentee person, I'd like to tag Gospel as a potential mentor person to help with my lore/world questions, if that's cool.

I'd be delighted to have you! I'll PM you right away! Tonberry

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Nox - 06-26-2013

Hello. First time ever rping on an mmo, but at 19 I have quite a few years of forum rping and pen and paper as well. I'm not... particular about mentors and W'Dekan is extremely flexible as far as getting along with people. I'd love to be mentored until I learn enough to turn around and help the next new guy. Pay it forward, in a sense. My main questions are going to stem from lore and basically setting myself up. I look forward to a fun future rping and gaming with you all.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Nox - 06-28-2013

As much as I hate to double post... I'd like to tag Gospel as my potential mentor for help with building my character and making him concrete and lore-friendly.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Gospel Gestalt - 06-28-2013

(06-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Nox Wrote: As much as I hate to double post... I'd like to tag Gospel as my potential mentor for help with building my character and making him concrete and lore-friendly.

Not a problem! I went ahead and sent you a PM.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - LeCard - 06-28-2013

Hello,
 I am quite new to both the RPC and FFXIV, but not so new to RP. I would like someone that wouldn't mind helping me flush out my character before launch so that he not only meshes with Lore, but is ready to jump into the world of Eorzea when the game launches.

Here is a link to what I have so far if anyone wants to see if they have any ideas for me.
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2454

I may not be of much help as far as FFXIV lore is concerned but I would be glad to look over character ideas for other people as well. I have my B.A. in English and will be working on my Masters in Library Sciences (I just love a good tale that much).

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Jayce Lightfall - 06-28-2013

(06-25-2013, 11:41 PM)Merri Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 06:00 PM)Jayce Lightfall Wrote: I'd be really interested in getting a mentor. I just recently stopped lurking and started to get involved with the community. Definitely looking forward to delving deeply into the lore. Ultimately though, I feel like I'm going to need a lot of help and guidance since I'm kind of a beginner.

After perusing the blurbs each mentor gave, I came to hard decision (I'd kinda like to learn from everyone. Haha). If you aren't super busy Endemerrin, I'd like for you to be my mentor.

I'll do everything I can! Either I'll hit you up with a PM tomorrow or the next day, or you can drop me one and we can get things situated and started. I'm ready when you are~

Dropped you a PM. Get back to me whenever you have free time. Big Grin

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Khaze'to Zhwan - 06-28-2013

Hey Guys,

New to the forums and new to XIV but i've been playing mmo's for a number of years now.  The RP side always interested me but I was never able to start as my friends were not into it at all.  I have a number of years experience on and of with pen and paper RP's but I'm a little hesitant on how to start with this version of the game as its been a few years since I have even done that.

I'd be happy if someone would take me under their wing, show me the ropes and really help me get my teeth into the lore.  I've been reading what I can on the lore forums and wiki's but its one thing to read and another to do.  

As for my character his name is Khaze'to Zhwan,  Hes the 2nd son of Khaze Zhwan and like most male keepers doesn't have much rank or importance.  He stayed with the family group for a long time as a general hunter and is skilled with the spear and the bow.  

The wanderlust that most people get in their younger years didn't hit Khaze'to till much later and so in his middling years has decided its time to go for a walk.  He is calm and patient and likes to think about things before he acts, hes in no rush and generally takes things in his stride.  He does get a little agitated when people think because he is an adventurer he is young and inexperienced with his weapons.  I guess you could say hes looking for someone to explore the world with rather than fight of the big bad as he has only known the woods of the black shroud.  

Anyway if anyone feels like taking a stroll rather than a run through Eorzea with Khaze'to send me a PM.