Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gilgamesh and Roleplay (/showthread.php?tid=20996)

Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Aria Mori - 11-25-2017

Hello there, I'm Aria. Just transferred to Gilgamesh from Goblin and noticed theres very few RPers on the server, or so i think anyways.. 

My question to the rest of you is what is the state of Gilgamesh RP? Things on other servers have been quite inactive and i know Gilgamesh was one of the larger servers for quite some time. Still is even, with the state of Balmung being locked at all time.. Its creating a very weird sorta detachment when it comes to RP for me, but i was hoping to find a community on this new server.

I know this is not the Welcome portion of the forums, though this is a little bit more on the discussion side of things. Looking for opinions on active RP servers aside Mateus which i already know is active.

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-25-2017

Hiya there,

Unfortunately, I think a large size of Gilgamesh's RP population has/had moved to Balmung a while back, when their server started to get more PvE/Raiders coming in who were a little hostile towards RPers. While there are still likely people on and around RPing, I haven't seen a lot of active groups lately. I'm hoping someone with active characters on the server can speak up a bit, as I haven't been logging into the game as much with work/holiday madness.

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Aria Mori - 11-26-2017

Do you think there would be any harm in maybe restarting a community there? Rekindling interest in such things.

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-26-2017

Not at all! The RPC's open to every server and we've still got Gilgamesh implemented in all the common tags and filters from back when it was bustling! It'll likely be a quiet reboot, much like the smaller RP communities spread around the various datacenters.

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Aria Mori - 11-26-2017

Awesome! I was hoping to do something regarding that considering Gilgamesh is HUGE even though its set to open again, its population is quite large.

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Wintwyda - 11-27-2017

My FC just transferred from Gilgamesh! There IS RP there, but it's more or less centralized around one small group. Look for FC names like Envisage of Night, Phoenix Rest, and Gambit.

I will say my group transferred to Mateus looking for a wider variety of characters to RP with. You'll see all the same faces at the bar nights, for example. But if that doesn't bother you, you can make it work!

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Aria Mori - 11-28-2017

Thats actually one of the things i was hoping to open up on gilgamesh, centralized around one group isn't that great for the health of RP.. unless you're in said group, i had hoped to provide a more community hub as it were for gilgamesh.

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Zoetrooper - 11-28-2017

Hi there! There is in fact a community on Gilgamesh that does things. We have several weekly events as well as a couple big ones for Christmas.

We mostly coordinate with Discord. I'm usually in game as Zachree Rowlaux so you can poke me if you see me. My discord is zoetrooper#1273.

I don't think many of us use this website, which may make the balmung population think we are gone? I dunno.

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Gegenji - 11-28-2017

(11-28-2017, 10:16 AM)Zoetrooper Wrote: Hi there! There is in fact a community on Gilgamesh that does things. We have several weekly events as well as a couple big ones for Christmas.

We mostly coordinate with Discord. I'm usually in game as Zachree Rowlaux so you can poke me if you see me. My discord is zoetrooper#1273.

I don't think many of us use this website, which may make the balmung population think we are gone? I dunno.

Oh! That's good to hear! I had heard through the grapevine that the PvErs had chased nearly all the RPers off Gilgamesh. I'm glad that it's just hearsay.

Are there any good resources we could point potential new Greg-RPers to should more show up in the future? Surprise

Mostly people and the discords. The heads of the fc's mentioned earlier will be happy to help you find a linkshell. Deity is pretty top notch, speak with Iris Whitewillow. I'm in EoN. My good friend E'kayah Nunh runs the black sails.

Admittedly, yes, raiders and pvers don't know how to deal with RPers on Gilg. More often than not Darth Blackmage will stand on the table you are rping with someone at and spam Blizzard 2. For 20 minutes straight. We tend to have public events outside of population dense areas to avoid this.

I have characters on, Balmung, Gilgamesh, and Mateus at this point, and they are different communities, for sure. 

Sorry for wonky formatting or anything like that. Typing on my phone.

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - Shizuka - 11-28-2017

Technically I'm still running The Black Sails Cool But E'Kayah Nuhn is one of my longest standing officers and is a wonderful person to talk to if you're ever interested in joining us. As for RP, it's definitely around and active, and isn't necessarily based around those same groups. While it's true you'll see a lot of the same people at the bar nights, you see a wider variety of people at one-off type events. E'kayah has been putting together a google document of FCs, Linkshells, and RP locations if you're interested in checking it out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xf9iv55I72q9OYh9Q1Y1SHtAyfR5MklWcuyj5R3TBLk/edit

(11-28-2017, 04:27 PM)Shizuka Wrote: Technically I'm still running The Black Sails Cool But E'Kayah Nuhn is one of my longest standing officers and is a wonderful person to talk to if you're ever interested in joining us. As for RP, it's definitely around and active, and isn't necessarily based around those same groups. While it's true you'll see a lot of the same people at the bar nights, you see a wider variety of people at one-off type events. E'kayah has been putting together a google document of FCs, Linkshells, and RP locations if you're interested in checking it out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xf9iv55I72q9OYh9Q1Y1SHtAyfR5MklWcuyj5R3TBLk/edit

Whups! XD Sorry about that.

RE: Gilgamesh and Roleplay - E'kayah - 11-29-2017

Hey! Thought I'd pipe up in here too, because why not.

The RP community on Gilgamesh is decidedly not dead! Albeit it has been a little insular at times.
Currently leaders in the community are working to correct that.

Alongside the Directory already mentioned and linked, there are also some new RPC-wide IC Linkshells being started; namely Hunters of Fortune and Eorzean Market.

There are also OOC Linkshells that are community wide, the best known being Roleplay Gilgamesh and PR-RP OOC.

We've been working on making Gilgamesh RP great again! (Excuse the pun Wink)

But efforts have been made and are still in progress to bring RP out of the housing districts and into the open world again.
These include small planned events, impromptu roleplay gatherings, and RPC planned events. And of course... just plain RPing wherever without keeping it all to party chat!

On the subject of RPC planned events, we have a Winter Market coming up, this will be in Coerthas and will be run on a total of three days, starting from 6PM EST each day.
For those who are interested in attending, the dates are from the 16th to the 18th December!

(We're also still looking for people who would be interested to act as vendors, guards or even entertainers. If interested in helping with this, please contact me!)

Finally, discord-wise, the main community-wide ones are FFXIV Gilgamesh RP Community and Roleplay Gilgamesh!

Long post I know, but hope this info helps! - E'kayah Nunh