Hydaelyn Role-Players
4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. (/showthread.php?tid=21114)

Pages: 1 2

4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Kieron Lohengrin - 12-15-2017

[Image: xlDBiMn.png]

sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/7jxv1b/megathread_letter_from_the_producer_live_part_xl/

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Gegenji - 12-15-2017

Oh hey, so we're basically getting the Transmog screen from WoW? That's pretty handy.

So... the idea is that you can just "save" looks into a glamour list and then can just toss them on whenever?

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Max - 12-15-2017

it's about damn time

ETA: Just read that you'll only be able to store 200 items and save 10 ensembles. And once you store an item you'll lose it forever. If true then yikes.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Teadrinker - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 10:26 AM)Max Wrote: it's about damn time

ETA: Just read that you'll only be able to store 200 items and save 10 ensembles. And once you store an item you'll lose it forever. If true then yikes.

I feel like this xpac has just been one huge merry-go-round of

"Hey! that's cool! I can't wa....!

Awwww.."

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Gegenji - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 10:26 AM)Max Wrote: ETA: Just read that you'll only be able to store 200 items and save 10 ensembles. And once you store an item you'll lose it forever. If true then yikes.

See, that was what I was worried about. The "losing the stored item" thing. Because unless that's clearly marked or something... you could end up with someone storing a very rare item (such as, say, a Relic weapon) for glamour and then losing it.

I know there's stuff to help circumvent that (Calamity Salvagers will stock holiday event items and such you've had before, and there's replica Relic weapons too)... but it could be quite troubling if you end up accidentally overwriting one of the items or something.

So, I could see this helping free up some bag space for your glamour-only items and such, but I feel like our gear pre-set "alternatives" are still going to be pretty dominant.

... At the very least, if you're RPing in a high-level area where mobs could aggro onto you, the ensemble option may help keep you from being out there with, like, 2000 HP.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-15-2017

I think we can get multiple glamour commodes, but it'll still mulch the item. Something tells me they won't be phasing out the current glamour system either.

It's still an improvement, but not the best system when they could likely generate a glamour log, cache it to the client, and verify with the server when someone adjusts it/makes a new glamour.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Caspar - 12-15-2017

I really hope i can keep the item. I do not want to get rid of certain items like makai stuff that someday i may be unable to get back. T_T

(12-15-2017, 12:23 PM)Caspar Wrote: I really hope i can keep the item. I do not want to get rid of certain items like makai stuff that someday i may be unable to get back. T_T

Isn't the Makai stuff resold by the Calamity Salvager? They did say Armoire items also can't be used in the new system, which makes me think the current isn't going to be going away. ...but a commode can at least hold those items we kept -only- for glamour like dungeon drops for roles/classes we've long out-geared.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Valence - 12-15-2017

Except if I believe a friend that watched the stream, you'll still have to use glam prisms (of a single type). If so, it's going to be super cumbersome for RP and i'll have to continue filling up my armory bag with easily swap-able pieces...

You will still you a glamour prism to add the item to the commode. Glamour prisms are being merged again though, so they won't even be per-crafter-type anymore.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Caspar - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 12:38 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 12:23 PM)Caspar Wrote: I really hope i can keep the item. I do not want to get rid of certain items like makai stuff that someday i may be unable to get back. T_T

Isn't the Makai stuff resold by the Calamity Salvager? They did say Armoire items also can't be used in the new system, which makes me think the current isn't going to be going away. ...but a commode can at least hold those items we kept -only- for glamour like dungeon drops for roles/classes we've long out-geared.

The ones available from GS cannot be dyed, so I wouldn't want those necessarily.

(12-15-2017, 06:26 PM)Caspar Wrote:

The ones available from GS cannot be dyed, so I wouldn't want those necessarily.

I haven't/hadn't done the PvP to get the fancy ones, but I thought those were the ones in the Salvager since Gold Saucer NPC appears to still be there?

Someone with the gear would have to verify.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Kylin - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 07:04 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 06:26 PM)Caspar Wrote:

I haven't/hadn't done the PvP to get the fancy ones, but I thought those were the ones in the Salvager since Gold Saucer NPC appears to still be there?

Someone with the gear would have to verify.

The PVP Makai gear can definitely be repurchased from the Calamity Salvager. Only after you get a full set and achievement though. Once you get the achievement, you can safely toss the gear and then repurchase for like 100 gil a piece any time you want. This applies to each individual set/achievement.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Valence - 12-16-2017

(12-15-2017, 03:28 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: You will still you a glamour prism to add the item to the commode. Glamour prisms are being merged again though, so they won't even be per-crafter-type anymore.

You mean you use the prism before putting them in the commode? Mh, might be good then I guess.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-16-2017

(12-16-2017, 05:10 AM)Valence Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 03:28 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: You will still you a glamour prism to add the item to the commode. Glamour prisms are being merged again though, so they won't even be per-crafter-type anymore.

You mean you use the prism before putting them in the commode? Mh, might be good then I guess.

Yes, that's what their slides seem to imply.

The basic gist of the new system is you'll use the single-type glamour prism to add that item to a glamour commode (200 slots each, detroying the item used.) Then, you'll be able to make glamour ensembles with items stored in the commode and your armoire.

I feel like they might've been better off just giving us a glamour log that categorizes ALL available gear in the game, based on items the player has in their invetory/retainers/armoire, but SE didn't seem to go this route. (Even though the log format would likely be a single bitmask for everything and pretty light on bandwidth as opposed to having to retrieve an item that can store any 200 item IDs that have to then be retrieved, but this is programmer griping.)

[Image: DRFlpt6UQAACy5k.jpg]

[Image: DRFmHUBUMAM5LXe.jpg]

[Image: DRFndWbUEAAGxXX.jpg]