Hydaelyn Role-Players
4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. (/showthread.php?tid=21114)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - ArmachiA - 12-16-2017

making it so the item is destroyed is actually really smart from a developer point of view.

1. The game doesn't have any money sinks aside from crafting and housing, one of which hardly anyone has access to. Making it so glamour gear is destroyed will make the gil sink better, as in FFXIV thinks aren't soulbound unless you fight, so people can always sell back their glamour piece when they don't like it anymore (I know I've done that multiple times). With gil being so easy to get for people - judging by how easy it was for people to get large houses - this is a pretty necessary change. The glamour outfit market may skyrocket, but I still feel like this is needed to keep gil out of the economy.

2. It makes the game more "playable" Once you get to cap and you see a piece that drops, do you use it for glamour or do you keep it for actual gear? Do you save it for an alt job or do you use it for glamour? This will make people want two copies of one outfit, making content last longer during that downtime right before the next patch. Farming for glamour pieces will probably become more prominent too, since all those clothes won't take up inventory space anymore.

I LOVE the glamour system in WoW so I'm super excited about this.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - H.H. - 12-20-2017

certainly fasntnig how the dev team attempts to provide player-requested features and qol updates while dealing with the constraints of 1.0's remnant chinese spaghetti code. neat implications behind the system working like an expanded inventory if it works how i thinks it does. while 200 cap is a shame, it's still a decent amount (until you take accessory glamours into account, but you're an actual fuccboi if you need more than one or two glamours per accessory) that'll take some amount of time to hit, especially with players fumbling around considering whether they want to melt an item for their glamour. regarding melting items for glamours, i really don't see the problem. certain items will definitely not be eligible for the glamour wardrobe in order to keep the regular glamour system from being made completely redundant or for gameplay reasons (see: dev team's busy getting pulled off the game in order to work on ffxv). with how the vididido gam's item progression is handled, you really don't need to hang onto muh i70 green and can toss it into your glamour wardrobe with reckless abandon. hECK, even for bragging items like the primal weps or golden saucer or mogstation whale shit, you still need the item to glamour in the first place, now you've just got the item stashed away in a secondary inventory available for use whenever you remember the commode is a thing.

when's 1h/2h thm/cnj glamours yoship you shit

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-20-2017

(12-20-2017, 02:34 PM)H.H. Wrote: snip

FFXIV 1.0's inventory system was pretty different. It did have limitations, but not in the same way 2.0 and later did. While a lot of things did stay the same, the inventory wasn't one of them. And partially why the Calamity Salvager NPC was made. There wasn't enough space in the original inventory for all the 1.0 items a player could have. Not to mention dyes and glamour weren't implemented. Dyed gear in 1.0 was unique per item as opposed to the changeable interface we have now.

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Lydia Lightfoot - 12-20-2017

Community: "We want a better glamour system. The one we have sucks super hard and eats up all of our inventory."

Devs: "What if we give you 20% more inventory?"

Community: "I mean, that's kind of useful, except I have so many glamour items on my retainers that it really doesn't solve the problem, it just means I can carry a few more of my glams without needing to run back to my retainer."

Devs: "Well, we'll overhaul the glamour system, then!"

Community: "Hooray!"

Devs: "Here you go!"

Community: "This... is the same glamour system, mostly, except now it wants to permanently eat items. Which, okay, I guess that means I can go to my retainer a little less often again, but then the glamour thing isn't really very flexible... why not just retire the existing system altogether?"

Devs: "You're welcome! Smile"

Community: "That isn't really an answer..."

Devs: "Please look forward to it!"

Community: "To... to what?"

RE: 4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc. - Kieron Lohengrin - 12-21-2017

(12-20-2017, 11:01 PM)Lydia Lightfoot Wrote: Community: "We want a better glamour system. The one we have sucks super hard and eats up all of our inventory."

Devs: "What if we give you 20% more inventory?"

Community: "I mean, that's kind of useful, except I have so many glamour items on my retainers that it really doesn't solve the problem, it just means I can carry a few more of my glams without needing to run back to my retainer."

Devs: "Well, we'll overhaul the glamour system, then!"

Community: "Hooray!"

Devs: "Here you go!"

Community: "This... is the same glamour system, mostly, except now it wants to permanently eat items. Which, okay, I guess that means I can go to my retainer a little less often again, but then the glamour thing isn't really very flexible... why not just retire the existing system altogether?"

Community: "That isn't really an answer..."

Devs: "Please look forward to it!"

Community: "To... to what?"

[Image: u4LeQTk.gif]