Hydaelyn Role-Players
Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept (/showthread.php?tid=21135)

Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - Jonah Sage - 12-20-2017

I'm an old nerd, with old needy rp origins, and as I was ruffling through some old books I had from my tween years I came across my Warrior cat series. This brought memorie's of my first  rp theme I started online and got me thinking. Is there warrior themed ffxiv Miqote tribes. Like with
A main leader 
Deputy
Healer who is banned from having kids
Their apprentice 
Then have the members. With elders and kits included. 
Maybe more ff lore is worked in as far as names go or something if a blend but the outlines similar.

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - Kairu - 12-20-2017

I mean, that's pretty close to how Seekers of the Sun operate. Their tribes have a single breeding male, the Nunh, who is sometimes also the leader of the tribe and sometimes not. Other males are not allowed to have kids, and all the women of the tribe are only allowed to mate with the Nunh.

They probably have healers and healer apprentices, but I don't think it's ever explicitly spelled out that way. I don't think miqo'te children are ever called kits, but I could be wrong.

For Keepers of the Moon, though, they usually only gather in groups of 2-3 families, and those consist only of adult women and children. The men live alone by themselves, only visiting the tribes for brief periods for mating purposes, then leave again. They don't seem to have tribal leaders or fixed hierarchies - just a few families who share a territory.

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - ExAtomos - 12-20-2017

(12-20-2017, 04:17 PM)Jonas Sage Wrote: I'm an old nerd, with old needy rp origins, and as I was ruffling through some old books I had from my tween years I came across my Warrior cat series.

old nerd... tween years... Warrior cat series...
Published January 21, 2003 – present

Undecided

lol. Otherwise, yeah, you're describing the Seekers p much.

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - Nako Vesh - 12-20-2017

(12-20-2017, 04:17 PM)Jonas Sage Wrote: I'm an old nerd, with old needy rp origins, and as I was ruffling through some old books I had from my tween years I came across my Warrior cat series. This brought memorie's of my first  rp theme I started online and got me thinking. Is there warrior themed ffxiv Miqote tribes. Like with
A main leader 
Deputy
Their apprentice 
Maybe more ff lore is worked in as far as names go or something if a blend but the outlines similar.

Both Seekers and Keepers seem to be very hunting and battle oriented from what little lore we get. Seekers have a leader, and according to lore that leader is usually someone other than the Nunh (even though one of the examples in game seems to have a Nunh leader).

I don't believe they call their children "kits," though I could be wrong. In general Miqo'te don't like being compared to animals.

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - Silmanos - 12-20-2017

(12-20-2017, 10:30 PM)Nako Vesh Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 04:17 PM)Jonas Sage Wrote: I'm an old nerd, with old needy rp origins, and as I was ruffling through some old books I had from my tween years I came across my Warrior cat series. This brought memorie's of my first  rp theme I started online and got me thinking. Is there warrior themed ffxiv Miqote tribes. Like with
A main leader 
Deputy
Their apprentice 

Both Seekers and Keepers seem to be very hunting and battle oriented from what little lore we get. Seekers have a leader, and according to lore that leader is usually someone other than the Nunh (even though one of the examples in game seems to have a Nunh leader).

I don't believe they call their children "kits," though I could be wrong. In general Miqo'te don't like being compared to animals.

Actually according to the blurb about Nunh's in the Lore book their purpose is to form a harem and lead his tribe to glory. Which with the way both the M tribe and the U tribe are laid out it is probably more common than not for the Nunh to actually lead the tribe itself. Now this isn't to say this is the case for all the tribes as that is rather unlikely, but it is a very strong possibility for a good portion of the tribes.

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - Nako Vesh - 12-21-2017

(12-20-2017, 11:30 PM)Silmanos Wrote: Actually according to the blurb about Nunh's in the Lore book their purpose is to form a harem and lead his tribe to glory. Which with the way both the M tribe and the U tribe are laid out it is probably more common than not for the Nunh to actually lead the tribe itself. Now this isn't to say this is the case for all the tribes as that is rather unlikely, but it is a very strong possibility for a good portion of the tribes.

When the naming conventions dropped, Seekers were presented as their leadership being separate from Nunh...ship. Since then, everything seems to contradict that, soooo, yeah. I guess since it's in the lore book, it should be taken as fact. But there are a lot of contradicting things and mistakes in the book, so I guess take it as you will? Huh

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - Silmanos - 12-21-2017

(12-21-2017, 12:25 AM)Nako Vesh Wrote: When the naming conventions dropped, Seekers were presented as their leadership being separate from Nunh...ship. Since then, everything seems to contradict that, soooo, yeah. I guess since it's in the lore book, it should be taken as fact. But there are a lot of contradicting things and mistakes in the book, so I guess take it as you will? Huh

Honestly I'd put this down on SE just ignoring their own naming conventions to be honest. So far everything we have been given in game also contradicts the naming conventions, such as the cases of the M tribe and the U tribe. Both tribes are led by the Nunh from everything we are shown, with it being most apparent with the U tribe. Like I said though, this is probably the case for some of them which the naming conventions do allow for. Perhaps we'll get more info on the J tribe to offer us an example of where that isn't the case, but I remain skeptical. In the end both answers are right. The Nunh isn't always the leader, but they are at times the leader of the tribe. It's honestly up to the individual rper how they want their characters tribe to be represented.

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - PSDuckie - 12-21-2017

(12-20-2017, 10:30 PM)Nako Vesh Wrote: I don't believe they call their children "kits," though I could be wrong. In general Miqo'te don't like being compared to animals.
Some do.  I know mine do!  And overprotective-at-times Tyll definitely sees Tyll'a as her last remaining kit, even though he is an adult and a father himself now.

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - Nako Vesh - 12-21-2017

(12-21-2017, 07:22 PM)PSDuckie Wrote: Some do.  I know mine do!  And overprotective-at-times Tyll definitely sees Tyll'a as her last remaining kit, even though he is an adult and a father himself now.

No, I mean, I don't think there's an example of NPCs or lore sources having Miqo'te call their children anything but children.

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - PSDuckie - 12-21-2017

(12-21-2017, 08:45 PM)Nako Vesh Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 07:22 PM)PSDuckie Wrote: Some do.  I know mine do!  And overprotective-at-times Tyll definitely sees Tyll'a as her last remaining kit, even though he is an adult and a father himself now.

No, I mean, I don't think there's an example of NPCs or lore sources having Miqo'te call their children anything but children.
Makes sense.

RE: Curious on this Miqote tribe concept - X'shah Zinbhe - 12-22-2017

A main leader 
Deputy
Their apprentice 

Hm, I'm not sure if I'm answering this correct. The PC-created sub-branch my character is the chief of is a warrior culture and has quite extensive player-written lore. Following Nunh conventions of course, within reason. It's more so lead by priestesses because it's a very religious with castes. Warriors are often called Champions of Azeyma. There's elders, kids, apprentices ... all sorts of things.