Hydaelyn Role-Players
Still a bit new to Mateus, not new to FF XIV - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Still a bit new to Mateus, not new to FF XIV (/showthread.php?tid=21197)

Still a bit new to Mateus, not new to FF XIV - Stormfalcon - 01-04-2018

After lurking for a while, it's time I've introduced myself and my character

The Player:

While I'm still relatively new to Mateus server (Daphne has only reached level 36 earlier in the week), I've been playing FF XIV since November 2013, mainly on Sargatanas.  Before coming over to FF XIV, I've played several MMOs over the years, including EQ/EQ2, FF XI, WoW, CoH/CoV, and Guild Wars/Guild Wars II.  However, I haven't done much in terms of roleplay since my WoW days, aside from some time on a MUSH or two.  I've also played some tabletop RPGs as well.

I started on Mateus not that long ago after learning that it became the spillover RP server after Balmung got locked down, and I was curious as to what RP was like in this game.  I've come to love how lively the server was and I've been spending most of my time there now.

The Character:

Daphne Tamaris, a member of the Xaela tribe, had felt drawn westward from The Steppes since she was young, but she did not undertake her eventual journey to Eorzea until the past year.  After much time and many miles of wandering, she found herself managing to sneak into Gridania like some Ala Mighans had as they fled the Garleans.  Having developed a talent for the bow over the years growing up, she worked her way into Gridanian society as a member of the archery guild. This was despite her distinctness as an outsider, being dark in both skin-tone and scales, and wearing her pink hair in a ornate hairstyle that stood out, in a society known for its struggles with xenophobia.

As she rose in stature and began travelling the three nations, she found herself interested in Ul'dah in particular, seeing that it was a hotbed of activity.  Seeking to understand the peoples she finds herself defending from time to time, she spends some of her downtime at the Quicksand, quietly engaging in people-watching, though she may come across as aloof since she has not interacted much with the people around her yet.

RE: Still a bit new to Mateus, not new to FF XIV - Zhauric - 01-04-2018

Greetings and welcome aboard. I'm new to Mateus myself and hoping to begin getting to know people and such. It definitely looks to be a rather active server atmosphere. Hope you have fun out there.

RE: Still a bit new to Mateus, not new to FF XIV - Jean - 01-04-2018

Think we started FFXIV roughly the same time. Glad to hear that you're back at it with roleplaying and welcome! I've got an alt on Mateus and I've found that the community as a whole is just as friendly as Balmung can be. Hopefully you have the same great first experiences I did.

RE: Still a bit new to Mateus, not new to FF XIV - Stormfalcon - 01-05-2018

Thanks for the welcomes! Smile  It's been interesting so far retreading familiar territory (rather than migrating an existing character, I started from scratch, and just got to where Daphne crosses paths with Haurchefant in the MSQ), but being on a much more lively server makes it even more fun!