Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] If you had unlimited gil... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] If you had unlimited gil... (/showthread.php?tid=21254)

Pages: 1 2

If you had unlimited gil... - JudicialHunter - 01-15-2018

What would you buy? IC or OOC.

OOC and IC, I’d buy an apartment a bunch of cool furniture. Sadly I’m super broke, so I have no way of getting the few apartments left open... I can dream, though!

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Varinh - 01-15-2018

(In regards to buying an apartment, just be sure to check every ward, ever subdivision of the area you want twice a day, that's how I got mine!)

OOCly, I'd outfit my apartment with all sorts of fancy furniture, then... probably buy a butt-ton of crafting matts to keep on hand off the marketboard, maybe a glamour or two that's always been 100k or so out of reach, and then I'm not sure what else. I've never really had high aspirations that required a lot of gil.

Come to think of it, I'd have a lot more use out of unlimited Golden Saucer coins right now haha

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Nero - 01-15-2018

OOC, I'd actually try to overmeld my crafting gear.

ICly, uhh....well, in the Beast Tribe quests there's that one mythril cauldron that costs hundreds of millions of gil so, that?

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - JudicialHunter - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 07:39 PM)Varinh Wrote: (In regards to buying an apartment, just be sure to check every ward, ever subdivision of the area you want twice a day, that's how I got mine!)

OOCly, I'd outfit my apartment with all sorts of fancy furniture, then... probably buy a butt-ton of crafting matts to keep on hand off the marketboard, maybe a glamour or two that's always been 100k or so out of reach, and then I'm not sure what else. I've never really had high aspirations that required a lot of gil.

Come to think of it, I'd have a lot more use out of unlimited Golden Saucer coins right now haha
There's some open ones I see, I just don't have the money to get them ; w ;

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Aaron - 01-15-2018

ERP. ERP for days.

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Kieron Lohengrin - 01-15-2018

>buy a floating island in the sea of clouds

>build a castle on island and secure it with alexander-type / rival wings mecha

>build another omega-style superweapon in castle for the sole purpose of creating holodeck simulations

>found and become first headmaster of balamb garden for aspiring adventurers

>teach nublets how to prep and tactics, how to negotiate a fair wage and proper healthcare, in order to prevent a repeat of edda and avere

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Hutarin - 01-16-2018

OOCly, I'd buy all the minions and chocobo bardings that I don't have, then do the same but for my friends. I'd also finish the rest of the FC rooms. I haven't yet cause of having to craft the furniture I need. I don't like crafting.

ICly, I'm not really sure for D'ly personality. She'd most likely end up throwing it at those in need. Vorsaile would go on a much needed vacation and White would buy an obscene about of cute clothing.

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - SapphireSkylines - 01-16-2018

Probably small houses for both of my characters as well as an Ao Dai for Zhara. It doesn't make much sense for her to have, but I think it's pretty xD.

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Gegenji - 01-16-2018

Personally? Obtain and furnish a house for Gogon, and create an FC and get a nice big place for it for another character idea I've had but been waffling on executing.

After that? Probably throw my gil helping my friends get whatever things then need. Outfits, minions, houses. Spread that unlimited wealth around.

As for Chachan? He'd probably keep on keeping on as he is now - he's actually decently wealthy due to his position as the head of a smelting guild, but he doesn't really do much with it beyond buying food and materials for his work... and donating a fair chunk of it to help the Doman and Ala Mhigan refugees.

Should he get unlimited funds? He'd probably donate far more and probably see what happiness money can buy for all his friends. Blush

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Dis - 01-16-2018

I'd shell out gil for a Large house for my Elezen nerd, and then super outfit the characters I want in them, in the Hannish shirt and Thavnairian dress, because hoo-boy are those expensive on Mateus. 25+ mil is way more than I want to spend on a glamour. And then I would buy the same for my friends, if they wanted it. Because sharing is caring when you have very deep pockets.

ICly, Mea would probably turn around and fully fund rebuilding the damaged parts of Ishgard (so they can finally fix the damned Brume), and then the rest would go to the Ala Mhigan resistance and the Doman resistance. She already makes enough gil to live comfortably while taking care of her family, so anything else is just extra funds she could give away. 

My other characters kind of widely vary. Ursielle would fund a life of having fun. Brynrael wants to buy a fleet of ships. Khulan would use most of it to fund her traveling and education on different kinds of dances. Aelden doesn't care much about gil so he'd probably just spend it all on friends and showering them with luxuries. Finuala would use it to start a bar. Reimumu would fund an expedition into the Gubal Library to recover and reprint the entire repository of knowledge, also to buy a big fuckoff house because she could. Ran's a very simple girl of very simple means, so she'd probably just use it to make sure her family was taken care of for years.

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Maril - 01-16-2018

I would not want to have unlimited gil. As someone who sits on the housing they need and still has more gil than they'll ever need (I have been an end-game crafter for years, now) - You kind of lose the motivation to make more. Unless you set some arbitrary goals just to see if you can beat your own personal records and stuff like that. It's nice to be able to drop a few mil on the shinest glamour and not really feel it, and also be able to buy minions for friends/sponsor gil prizes in RP events and such, but there's another sense of satisfaction you get from grinding hard and putting your devotion into things. Obviously, I did that to get where I am, but now I am here and I just sit on this pile kinda like smaug. So I would never part with it unless you're a really crafty and brave hobbit ok. 

IC-wise, I think Maril would head out and try to like, heal all of the Eorzea. All like "Brb guys someone sneezed in Shirogane".

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Gegenji - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 10:28 AM)Maril Wrote: You kind of lose the motivation to make more. Unless you set some arbitrary goals just to see if you can beat your own personal records and stuff like that. It's nice to be able to drop a few mil on the shinest glamour and not really feel it, and also be able to buy minions for friends/sponsor gil prizes in RP events and such, but there's another sense of satisfaction you get from grinding hard and putting your devotion into things.

Fair points, but there's also the time and energy to need to invest into making that gil. I'll admit that I don't really have that drive myself, which is probably why I've never been in the position where I am just... drowning in any sort of in-game currency. I can manage well enough... but on a couple of my lesser used characters, I've definitely gotten low enough on gil that I've had to worry about things as paltry as aetheryte teleportation... Blush

But on the flip side, I honestly don't need that much anymore. The biggest thing I wanted was to get Chachan a house and get it all furnished up. I've done that, so I'm sort of just... lazily accumulating gil again with nothing to spend it on. Which is why - if a situation like what was mentioned in this thread occurred - my personal goals are so... limited. Another house for another character and maybe jump-starting an RP idea.

Everything else is going towards just helping other folks because I wouldn't need it all at that point. Smile

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Ellmida - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 10:28 AM)undefined Wrote: IC-wise, I think Maril would head out and try to like, heal all of the Eorzea. All like "Brb guys someone sneezed in Shirogane".
This sounds hillarious to me

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - Nebbs - 01-16-2018

Buy all the houses and give them away to RP FCs

RE: If you had unlimited gil... - H.H. - 01-20-2018

buy out an entire ward of shirogane houses, keep them locked, and use the placards to respond to whatever tumblr drama seems funniest to me