Hydaelyn Role-Players
No </3 Roegadyn female? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: No </3 Roegadyn female? (/showthread.php?tid=2165)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Salty Lake - 07-14-2013

Would folks who are playing roegadyn females in beta phase 3 be willing to post screenshots of their characters in different armors?  I am playing a roegadyn conjurer right now and I love her, but I think the lowbie mage armor doesn't look very cute on her.  See: mittens and knee-high Uggs! May switch to a mi'quote boy in phase 4.

[Image: tumblr_mpr5ab1vTt1ru61aeo2_1280.png]

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Sapphos - 07-14-2013

I'll post my Roe, I'm trying to decide if I like the way she looks? I'm thinking of RPing her.
[Image: ebIyoHk.jpg]

PS... I have been looking for lady Roe's on the Lodestone but can't figure out how to search by race.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Alexandr Nocturne - 07-14-2013

Female Roe are beautiful.  You're running into several issues.

First, Roe are not Barbies.  Plain and simple.  Many people look for small, thin, petite women as their mark of beauty (RL as well).  The Roe are anything but.  This, I think, is the biggest deterrent for many.  On the flipside, a lot of people (in a RP setting) will find Roe intimidating, and by extension unattractive.  Finally, also from a roleplay standpoint, you can't just "peg" them into a stereotype.  Let's be honest, the other races fall into stereotypes from a million other sources.  You got your elves and humans, your nekos and your adorable lil child-like people.  But the Roe don't fit nicely into anything.  For me, that is a strong positive, but many RPers will see it differently.

As you can likely tell by now, I don't fall into that camp.  I find Roe amazing, and their females beautiful.  (Xerek is Hyur simply because I have had this character waiting on the back-burner for years and I love him).  I see *many* great RPing opportunities, especially given Xerek's shy nature, and love seeing what the community here ultimately brings to the table.

Loving the screenshots all.  You're doing a great job showing off how attractive the Roe can be. Moogle

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Martiallais - 07-14-2013

(07-14-2013, 11:49 AM)Xerek Wrote: Female Roe are beautiful.  You're running into several issues.

*snip*

As you can likely tell by now, I don't fall into that camp.  I find Roe amazing, and their females beautiful. 

*snip*

Loving the screenshots all.  You're doing a great job showing off how attractive the Roe can be. Moogle

This. All of this. Zarek AND Xerek endorsed and approved! *dramatic thumbs up* Maybe we should start a Roegals fan club...*taps chin*

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Jijinji - 07-14-2013

I like giantesk races I usually play as one if it's a available choice as they are the least played making them unique. Roe women can look very beautiful if you take the time when making them. Which I'm not particularly good at, but I have seen some very good looking ones. 

Show Content

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Chakha Malqir - 07-14-2013

I think men and women of all races should be celebrated the same way! A Roegadyn female should get as much love and respect as a Miqo'te female or an Elezen Female or any other race out there!

One of my characters' godparents happens to be a Roegadyn Female fisherwoman and one of the toughest and most charming women he has ever met!

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Lizzo - 07-14-2013

Here's Sigyn.
[Image: ZeQCU1C.jpg]

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - rynsan - 07-14-2013

My friend is going to be roleplaying asa Reogadyn female. We spent a night making her on a video chat (she doesn't have beta access) and sorted the details. I have no issues with them but not my preference. But she loves them and thinks they are really cool.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Torn Sky - 07-14-2013

(07-14-2013, 02:37 AM)Lake Desire Wrote: Would folks who are playing roegadyn females in beta phase 3 be willing to post screenshots of their characters in different armors?  I am playing a roegadyn conjurer right now and I love her, but I think the lowbie mage armor doesn't look very cute on her.  See: mittens and knee-high Uggs! May switch to a mi'quote boy in phase 4.

[Image: tumblr_mpr5ab1vTt1ru61aeo2_1280.png]
[Image: ffxiv_20130622_210228_zps7dbe6099.png]
[Image: ffxiv2013-06-2220-32-39-11_zpsbd41313e.png]

Here's my Roegadame in most of the level 15 caster dungeon set. (Missing the leg item so please ignore the awkwardly colored tights, haha) This set looks pretty fantastic on everyone though.

(07-14-2013, 11:49 AM)Xerek Wrote: Female Roe are beautiful.  You're running into several issues.

First, Roe are not Barbies.  Plain and simple.  Many people look for small, thin, petite women as their mark of beauty (RL as well).  The Roe are anything but.  This, I think, is the biggest deterrent for many.  On the flipside, a lot of people (in a RP setting) will find Roe intimidating, and by extension unattractive.  Finally, also from a roleplay standpoint, you can't just "peg" them into a stereotype.  Let's be honest, the other races fall into stereotypes from a million other sources.  You got your elves and humans, your nekos and your adorable lil child-like people.  But the Roe don't fit nicely into anything.  For me, that is a strong positive, but many RPers will see it differently.

As you can likely tell by now, I don't fall into that camp.  I find Roe amazing, and their females beautiful.  (Xerek is Hyur simply because I have had this character waiting on the back-burner for years and I love him).  I see *many* great RPing opportunities, especially given Xerek's shy nature, and love seeing what the community here ultimately brings to the table.

Are you replying to me or the OP?  I was more complaining about the mage armor looking silly on big women.  Actually I think those mittens are silly on all the races!  However, I think the disciplines of war armor looks great on Roe women.  I am a lady offline so I am acquainted with female beauty standards.  In fact, the opportunity to play a big, muscular woman is refreshing.

Torn Sky, your character is lovely!  That is a great armor-set too.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Alexandr Nocturne - 07-14-2013

Oh, I wasn't replying to anyone in particular.  Maybe I phrased that wrong.  I meant in general people think...etc...etc...wasn't accusing anyone of anything.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - LeCard - 07-14-2013

I was playing around with Roe character creation after reading this thread and here is what I came up with.

[Image: 800px-Ffxiv_20130714_221332.png][Image: 800px-Ffxiv_20130714_221313.png]

I may have to work on an alt with this build. i like it more, the more i look at it.

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - SereneAurora - 07-15-2013

My only planned character will be roegadyn female! When I start new MMOs, I typically like to play whichever race is the most rare while still being tall and semi-pretty, meaning I don't play dwarves and gnome types.

In 1.0 I played female elezen, but with the female roegadyn now offered that's where I'll be! It is a shame that they went through all the work to code and design these lovely ladies and they'll barely be used.

Aiora WhiteWind, Hellsguard:

[Image: roeg2.png]

Now I just have to hope there will be plenty of roegadyn men around, too!

~Aiora

RE: No </3 Roegadyn female? - Ruby - 07-15-2013

My original character was an elezen but I'm changing her to female roegadyn. I might still tweak minor things like perhaps another eye color or make her skin one tone lighter in the character creator.

Show Content