Hydaelyn Role-Players
Mason - About the Player - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Mason - About the Player (/showthread.php?tid=22)

Mason - About the Player - Smiling River - 03-17-2010

Personal info

RL Name: Friends call me Dre
RL Age: 22
Timezone: EST
RL Sex: Male

Click here to visit my intro thread for more personal info

Why do you like to RP? I like to write and act which is basically what RP is. It's also a rush because it's in real time, with other characters which you aren't in control of. Makes things interesting and entertaining. RP is one of my creative outlets and forms of entertainment.

RP Preferences

Quick Overview

Combat Preferences: 60% skill, 25% situation, 15% background
Romance Preferences: Any level (No ERP)
Storyline Preferences: Light-Supernatural
Major Injuries: Contact ahead of time.
Perma-death: Not at this time.
Mature Content: R rated is okay.
Cross-Guild RP/events: Yes
Contact Preference: PM or in-game

Detailed Response

Are you willing to RP a fight scene in game?
Depends. If I know the character and player well and they know me, I'm willing to do it on the spot. If I don't know them too well we'd have to chat a bit OOC first just to make sure we're on the same page. I don't like scripting anything unless absolutely necessary, so usually the fight would end just depending on the circumstances. Of course I'm willing to play a long if it's essential to a plot. I tend to give the "villain" more power, or anyone who is outnumbered just to make things interesting. Doesn't mean they will always win though. :pirat:

What is your preferred method of combat? (/randoming, skill based, etc)
It's a mixture of situation and skill. A mildly skilled character cannot take down a more experienced one directly but perhaps if the situation is right they can tip the advantage. It'd say 60% skill based, 25% situation, and 15% character background.

Are you willing to take major injuries in game? (ie limb loss)
Yes, but I better have a good reason to! Must be planned ahead of time.

Are you willing to let your character die permanently?
Yes, only after I no longer wish to RP with them though. Again, must be planned ahead of time.

Are you willing to RP romance in game? (ie Level of romance willing to go)
Yes. I wouldn't RP the very intimate moments however, I prefer it just "fade to black" when it comes to the bedroom.

What kind of non-romantic RP relationships are you willing to take part in? (family ties, etc)
Any as long as I am familiar with the person who wants to have a deep relationship; for example a brother/sister. They'd have to actually be playing for a while, not just quit and leave me to explain what happened to my brother/sister heh. I am generally down to at least brainstorm something!

How far away from the basic lore are you willing to go?
There is a chance I will go as far as possible as long as the story is original and well thought out in my opinion. Basically only if I really like your idea. Usually my own character stories tend to go a distance from what you just see in the game itself. If it's not completely detached and I think I will have fun with it I'm down. Of course I have no issue with stories and characters which rarely/ever stray from the direct world of the game.

How do you feel about mature content? (Stories/Characters which are in the realm of "Rated R")
I don't mind it at all, in fact a lot of my own content would be considered rated R. Everything is situational though, there will always be R rated stories which I wouldn't want to be a part of.

Views on chat functions (IC vs OOC)?
I like to be IC as much as possible. If in close proximity I like to RP over /say, dislike RPing in /party. I use tells for RP when I can "whisper", otherwise OOC for /tells. I prefer guild chat to be mostly IC, and by mostly I mean almost always.

If you have questions I'd be glad to clarify anything so just ask!

Re: Mason - About the Player - Smiling River - 04-15-2010

Added a couple of questions that I saw others answer and edited the layout.